• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fulfillment of Prophecy in the New Testament

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I would be very interested in discussing with you the Jewish interpretation of various verse concerning the nature of God and what Jews understand is happening when angels appear who are called by his unmentionable name.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, but we aren't talking about the academics only, as the academic is appealing to Jewish tradition himself and he is a Jew. So if the old Jewish Scholars and/or Rabbi's are proven to have had a different view, or various views, about the nature of God, all reading the Tanakh, then why can their views not be worth considering and why favour the modern interpretations? Do you guys have a view that current is best?
I doubt the validity of the proofs. He can sure try (not against me, though, I'm not smart enough or learned enough).

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I would be very interested in discussing with you the Jewish interpretation of various verse concerning the nature of God and what Jews understand is happening when angels appear who are called by his unmentionable name.
That subject isn't one of my strong suits. Maybe @rosends would be willing.
Or @Tumah if he's ever going to come back.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I doubt the validity of the proofs. He can sure try (not against me, though, I'm not smart enough or learned enough).
I am even less knowledgable than you. I am like a dumb donkey just walking in the direction in which a juicy carrot is dangled.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Since I have a christian background, I am into the anti missionary stuff. I am trying to sort out which side has the right interpretations and stuff.
I've heard he's one of the best (not that there are that many anti-missionary folks around, certainly not putting out tons of videos and classes). There's also Rabbi Michael Skobac if you want.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I've heard he's one of the best (not that there are that many anti-missionary folks around, certainly not putting out tons of videos and classes). There's also Rabbi Michael Skobac if you want.

Thanks. I like the debates between Singer and Michael Brown but I don't know who is telling the truth.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
@Rival is this an accurate description?
Anguished crying.

@Israel Khan
Tumah is an amazingly knowledgeable Charedi Jewish bloke who has a great sense of humour, great patience with people (mainly me and the other obsessives) and appears to have gained the respect of the nonJews and even some Christians. He has a great way of writing things to make them understandable to the laity like those of us on here as well as not shying from some of the harder topics people bring up, such as what most Christians are afraid to discuss about the Torah, things like Vayiqra 18:22 or my favourite subject slavery or creationism.

Tumah's a star and I miss him.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Anguished crying.

@Israel Khan
Tumah is an amazingly knowledgeable Charedi Jewish bloke who has a great sense of humour, great patience with people (mainly me and the other obsessives) and appears to have gained the respect of the nonJews and even some Christians. He has a great way of writing things to make them understandable to the laity like those of us on here as well as not shying from some of the harder topics people bring up, such as what most Christians are afraid to discuss about the Torah, things like Vayiqra 18:22 or my favourite subject slavery or creationism.

Tumah's a star and I miss him.

Sounds like one of the guys I need to speak to. :D If he has gained the respect of many people on the forum then he must be extremely knowledgeable and approachable.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds like one of the guys I need to speak to. :D If he has gained the respect of many people on the forum then he must be extremely knowledgeable and approachable.
What! I thought you were kidding. You've been on RF longer than I have... Figured you actually knew who he was.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
What! I thought you were kidding. You've been on RF longer than I have... Figured you actually knew who he was.

Even though I signed up a while back I have only been continuously active since the end of last year. And I have only spoken to a few people directly, mostly the Baha'i's. Now I am chilling with the Jews.

I might actually seen who he was and he might have responded to me about something. I remember a Jew replying to me with a looooooong and detailed scholarly reply about a topic which went over my head because it was too complicated.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
That is even better. He can give us an answer to whether Hebrew Israelites have actually "moved back" to their land.

My goodness!!!! @Tumah would have been an awesome ally when speaking to the Hebrew Israelites!
You know, I also live in Israel...
First time I heard there were BHIs here was on that thread. Granted, I don't usually go to Dimona.