• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fulfilling Prophecy

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
There are obviously many Jews out there who do not believe that Yeshua was the savior. Is there a reason for this? What prophecies were fulfilled by Yeshua in order for Christians today to claim that he actually was the savior God intended? If there is scripture, please provide it. I personally have no idea whether he fulfilled the prophecies of the OT or not. However, I would like to see what you all have to say about it. Why Yeshua?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The everyday 'Saviour' routine you hear about is a hoax.

Not that I have no regard for Jesus.
He is my Inspiration.

But He is Saviour...not because He died on a cross.
He is Saviour because He taught parables, and the parables are what we needed.

His teachings will bring into us what is required...expected.
Without His sayings you have not the Kingdom.

The crucified lamb routine comes from the scapegoat idea, held in the days of Moses.
The old testament describes in detail how the practice is performed.

I think it's a stretch to believe that the sins of a man can be removed from his person bestowed unto an animal. That animal is then lea into the wilderness and left to die, and the sins of the man die with it.

Likewise, one man's death on a cross to cleanse the world of sin?...no.

logician

The supposed Jesus fulfillled no prohesies of the OT, which were meant for their day and time only.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
The supposed Jesus fulfillled no prohesies of the OT, which were meant for their day and time only.

I was always told that Yeshua fulfilled the old prophecies, which is why they knew he was Lord.... is this not the case?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
There are obviously many Jews out there who do not believe that Yeshua was the savior. Is there a reason for this?
The 'late-early' Christians simply glued Jewish prophecies about the messiah on the man named Jesus. I think its important to understand something, in the Jewish scriptures, the men who became great leaders have showed great humility and after their tribulations they have been anointed with oil as a monarch for example, the Hebrew word messiah comes from this act. according to the gospels, Jesus proclaimed to be the messiah, in Judaism, this is blasphemy. whether the gospels give an accurate account or not, is a different story. but all men who have proclaimed to be the messiah, met a bitter end and have not brought salvation to their nation.

Last edited:

keithnurse

I saw a list on the internet titled "324 Old Testament Prohecies fulfilled by Jesus"
If you look at the verses listed, only a handful of them could be called prophecies about anything. The rest are just statements that sound vaguely like something the New Testament says about Jesus. The ones that are prophecies, not a single one of them is clearly about Jesus.