• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frustrated and confused

I'm so lost right now. The world appears so complex to me. I can't make any sense of it. Everyone says something different and they keep contradicting each other. I don't know who or what to believe anymore. It seems that making up your own answer is just as well, since it's impossible to get to the 'truth' anyways.

I've been there and done that with many faiths and beliefs. I don't know what happened, but I've started feeling not at peace. I keep looking and finding something else each time, but nothing satisfies me. I keep worrying that I'm going insane, but I guess that's what I do anyway.

It's exhausting. I wish I could find whatever it is I'm looking for.

Sorry. Just venting :s

when you figure it out, let me know.

omega2xx

when you figure it out, let me know.

do what I did, when I was in your shoes. Sincerely ask God to reveal Himself to you. Then start reading the Bible with an open mind asking God to show you the truth.

I was converted after deciding never to attend church again.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I'm so lost right now. The world appears so complex to me. I can't make any sense of it. Everyone says something different and they keep contradicting each other. I don't know who or what to believe anymore. It seems that making up your own answer is just as well, since it's impossible to get to the 'truth' anyways.

I've been there and done that with many faiths and beliefs. I don't know what happened, but I've started feeling not at peace. I keep looking and finding something else each time, but nothing satisfies me. I keep worrying that I'm going insane, but I guess that's what I do anyway.

It's exhausting. I wish I could find whatever it is I'm looking for.

Sorry. Just venting :s

The good news is that If the world seems confusing and you have the impression you cannot keep up, then you are very far away from going insane.

Ciao

- viole

Omega - although I can understand and see where you are coming from. I personally do not believe in religion. I'm not really sure how to state what I am thinking, which frustrates me a bit to try and put into words. I have been exposed to numerous religions and beliefs. I can not say that I relate more to one any other. And I cannot say that I believe in god 100% either. I am extremely skeptical and leaving more towards not believing in God.

Some of the best people i have ever met were "Satanists" and some of the worst were "Christians". which creates a lot of confusion for me.

omega2xx

Omega - although I can understand and see where you are coming from. I personally do not believe in religion. I'm not really sure how to state what I am thinking, which frustrates me a bit to try and put into words. I have been exposed to numerous religions and beliefs. I can not say that I relate more to one any other. And I cannot say that I believe in god 100% either. I am extremely skeptical and leaving more towards not believing in God.

Some of the best people i have ever met were "Satanists" and some of the worst were "Christians". which creates a lot of confusion for me.

No one is born a Christian. Most Christians have gone thru the same or similar experiences you are going through. It is a hard thing to put you life in an invisible deity. I was converted at age 45 after saying I would never go to church again, because like you, it made no sense and it will not until one is converted.

I can only offer one advice. Tell God you will go to church for 1 month and if you don' t reveal yourself to me, I will never go back to church. The church must be a conservative, Bible-believing church. I would suggest a PCA(Presbyterian Church in America) because that is the one I know the best. Also their pastors will gladly meet with you one on one to answer any questions you might have.

I have just ask God to help you in your search.