• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fruitarianism

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Fruitarians are those who will eat fruits only. Meaning that they will not eat any vegetal part other than fruits. So they will reject potatoes, carrots (roots), seeds (cereals) and leaves (lettuce, herbs, any salad leaf). Fruits can grow on trees or on bushes (tomatoes, aubergines, watermelon)

1) What do you think?
2) Do you think it's a healthy diet?
3) Have you ever tried this diet?

Thank you in advance.

Here some insight by a dietologist. At 6:30
-Doctor: According to clinical studies this dietary regime turns out to be unbalanced and poor in proteins, iron, calcium, essential fatty acids, B Vitamins that are important for the functioning of the nervous system.
Interviewer: Are there any positive sides, according to the same studies?
Doctor: no.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I love lettuce, salads too much.
Also carrots and potatoes.
I could never be a fruitarian.:)

Fruitarians decide to be fruitarians because they think plants suffer, whenever one kills them.
Whereas whenever you pick a fruit, you don't kill the plant.
Let's not forget that so many plants are not eternal. They die anyway because they are annual or biannual. Most lettuces are destined to die anyway

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
I love lettuce, salads too much.
Also carrots and potatoes.
I could never be a fruitarian.:)

Fruitarians decide to be fruitarians because they think plants suffer, whenever one kills them.
Whereas whenever you pick a fruit, you don't kill the plant.
Let's not forget that so many plants are not eternal. They die anyway because they are annual or biannual. Most lettuces are destined to die anyway

Dying and being eaten would be a good thing for a plant to do and will lead to a higher plane of existence in their next life, especially if they have given abundant and good quality food to those who eat them. That might be a Hindu idea.
Rudolph Steiner said that those who eat vegetables that grow in the ground (potatoes, carrots etc) are more earthy and less spiritual and that those who eat fruit that grows higher in the air are or become more spiritual.
People have strange ideas imo. but those who eat just fruit may have a better diet than I do.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Dying and being eaten would be a good thing for a plant to do and will lead to a higher plane of existence in their next life, especially if they have given abundant and good quality food to those who eat them. That might be a Hindu idea.
Steiner said that those who eat vegetables that grow in the ground (potatoes, carrots etc) are more earthy and less spiritual and that those who eat fruit that grows higher in the air are or become more spiritual.
People have strange ideas imo. but those who eat just fruit may have a better diet than I do.

Animals eat vegetables. I have a little rabbit...he eats tons of lettuce...grass, hay.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fruitatarians deny apples, tomatoes, etc their right to germinate.
The only truly moral choice is to be a Starvatarian.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Fruitatarians deny apples, tomatoes, etc their right to germinate.
The only truly moral choice is to be a Starvatarian.

Being a fruitarian in the land of salami, prosciutto and pancetta.

affettati-tagliere-rotondo.jpg

and then...A' amatriciana...a' carbonara...

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
But... seeds are fruits.

Botanically, seeds are literally fruits.

Which means it makes no sense to exclude cereals/grains. At all.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
watermelon)

1) What do you think?
2) Do you think it's a healthy diet?
3) Have you ever tried this diet?
Watermelon is the exception, you can live on it (I did 50 days only watermelon and my physical strength tripled, it even could cure my incurable (according to Science doctors) disease

But you must know what you do. You better don't do it (reading your posts) :)

Note: You might need to add B12

IF you eat 4kg watermelon you get 1500 kcal, 24 gr of top protein, 480mg Magnesium, as well as Calcium and Phosphorus and you get a bit overdose on Potassium (6000 mg), unless kidney insufficiecy that's no problem. Even plenty of Sodium

If you eat the 100gr of the watermelon seeds (in the 4 kg watermelon), you get an additional 28 gr of protein, 500mg Magnesium plus 50 gr of the best oil

So, you get more goodies then most people on American diet

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Watermelon is the exception, you can live on it (I did 50 days only watermelon and my physical strength tripled, it even could cure my incurable (according to Science doctors) disease

But you must know what you do. You better don't do it (reading your posts) :)

Note: You might need to add B12

IF you eat 4kg watermelon you get 1500 kcal, 24 gr of top protein, 480mg Magnesium, as well as Calcium and Phosphorus and you get a bit overdose on Potassium (6000 mg), unless kidney insufficiecy that's no problem. Even plenty of Sodium

If you eat the 100gr of the watermelon seeds (in the 4 kg watermelon), you get an additional 28 gr of protein, 500mg Magnesium plus 50 gr of the best oil

So, you get more goodies then most people on American diet

It's a common misconception that people need a lot of protein and also that they need meat to supply it. There's plenty of professional sportspeople and bulked-up bodybuilders (see youtube for examples!) who don't eat meat to show otherwise. But maybe more than just watermelon. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
But... seeds are fruits.

Botanically, seeds are literally fruits.

Which means it makes no sense to exclude cereals/grains. At all.
You should ask them. In that video they say they don't eat bread/pasta/ pizza because they won't eat cereals.
they are masochists, I guess. :p

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's a common misconception that people need a lot of protein and also that they need meat to supply it. There's plenty of professional sportspeople and bulked-up bodybuilders (see youtube for examples!) who don't eat meat to show otherwise. But maybe more than just watermelon. :)
Let's not forget that proteins are the bricks of the cells. Even if I am vegetarian, I eat lots of proteins, like dairy and eggs.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Let's not forget that proteins are the bricks of the cells. Even if I am vegetarian, I eat lots of proteins, like dairy and eggs.
The daily recommended RDA for an average adult is 0.8g per kg of body weight (USDA). One cup of soya milk provides 6.6g, one banana 1.2g, one cup of cooked lentils 17.9g, half cup of tofu 20g etc...