• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FRUBALS - are they still meaningful

Are frubals valuable?

• Absolutely, I need to know I'm loved

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Not really, but they look cute

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No, people don't appreciate my true worth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, what's a frubal?

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kadzbiz

Okay, so I'm not a frubal whore, a frubal millionaire, etc at this stage, but I've been watching a lot of people becoming such things and multi-frubal whores and the soon-to-be frubal billionaire Sunstone, and others like whereismynotecardand who have scaled the frubal ladder to dizzy heights in a matter of not time. What I'm wondering is whether the true meaning of the frubal has lost its oomph, its wonder, its glamour and prestige? When I first joined RF, I looked up in awe at those frubal kings and queens, but now, IMO, though I respect those members, their frubality doesn't impact on me anymore. What is your opinion?

GabrielWithoutWings

I don't really understand making threads just to point out someone's frubal count. I suppose it's great that that particular user is blinging, but when I hit "Since Last Visit" and half of the threads are frubal threads it gets ridiculous.

Why not just have one big frubal thread for everyone to gawk and guffaw at?

/shrug

tomspug

Absorbant
Frubals are pretty much hugs and high-fives. They don't demonstrate anything substantial, but they are fun to give and fun to receive. The amount of frubals one has isn't demonstrative of anything comparative to others.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I like to frubal people when i agree with their post and have nothing more to add. I guess in a way its my way of demonstrating my respect for their words whether they see it that way or not.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Okay, so I'm not a frubal whore, a frubal millionaire, etc at this stage, but I've been watching a lot of people becoming such things and multi-frubal whores and the soon-to-be frubal billionaire Sunstone, and others like whereismynotecardand who have scaled the frubal ladder to dizzy heights in a matter of not time. What I'm wondering is whether the true meaning of the frubal has lost its oomph, its wonder, its glamour and prestige? When I first joined RF, I looked up in awe at those frubal kings and queens, but now, IMO, though I respect those members, their frubality doesn't impact on me anymore. What is your opinion?
Sunstone isn't going to be a frubal billionaire....he's close to having 10 million frubals. ;)

Frubal inflation has definitely gone through the roof hasn't it? I remember the days when 10k frubals was really something. :cover:

It wouldn't bother me in the least if we didn't have a frubal system. I participate at another forum where reputation isn't used. You still know who the popular people are but there isn't a numbers count. I don't view frubals as anything more than giving someone props behind the scenes or a chance to be a little cheeky in private. :D

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Frubals are pretty much hugs and high-fives. They don't demonstrate anything substantial, but they are fun to give and fun to receive. The amount of frubals one has isn't demonstrative of anything comparative to others.
I agree.
Though there are some who feel that their frubal count somehow shows they are right...

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I think they should mean something, like applause, but then you get the people who just beg for them. I don't get that. It's like someone walking up to you on the street and asking you to clap.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I think they should mean something, like applause, but then you get the people who just beg for them. I don't get that. It's like someone walking up to you on the street and asking you to clap.
I agree.
When you get a group who frubal each other for no reason than to get their frubal numbers up, it sorta defeats the whole idea in my mind.

I have seen more than one person who has gone from 10 frubals to a million frubals simply because they begged for them.
This also, at least in my mind, cheapens the system for every one else.

Personally, it matters not to me my frubal count or my post count.
For I now understand that neither is really reflective of anything of real value to me.