• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From who do you seek information from?

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
When you practice divination, what is your understanding of the source of information?
I’ll relay my understanding when it comes to my personal practice.
The I Ching (which I use) teaches that you are getting into contact with your soul. Your soul has an objective view of things, so it can give you an objective answer. As long as you believe your soul can and will give you an intelligent answer through the lots, it works. It is my soul that is the source of my information. My soul has a part of God, so can I say I get my information from God? Or a godly source.
What is your source, when you divine? How do you understand it?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
When you practice divination, what is your understanding of the source of information?
The I Ching (which I use) teaches that you are getting into contact with your soul. Your soul has an objective view of things, so it can give you an objective answer. As long as you believe your soul can and will give you an intelligent answer through the lots, it works. It is my soul that is the source of my information. My soul has a part of God, so can I say I get my information from God? Or a godly source.

I've always said a small prayer to the Gods, Ancestors and Spirits before I do any divinatory work. But I've never directly thought the answers came from those sources per se (I don't petition for answers from them). I've honestly not put a huge amount of thought into it, but I think the most likely event is we tap into the threads of Urdr/Fate itself, and get a glimpse at it's warps and wefts.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Divination is a means by which to bring unconscious content into consciousness, so I would have to answer that the most immediate source is my unconscious mind. Beyond that, I can only speculate.