• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friggin' Norway

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
May you lutefisk spoil & rot!

Wait....that's what it naturally does.
Drat!
Give me time...I'll think of a real insult.

Lutefisk is actually quite tasty. The proper way to eat it is at a Sons of Norway Hall. That way your own house does not suffer. It is the cooking of that meal that is disgusting. Not the flavor of the fish.

It is quite different from Swedish Surstromming. They don't open that stuff up inside even in Sweden:

surstromming.jpg

And yes, the can is swollen and under great pressure.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No need to hide. In a lutefisk meal they keep bringing it to you until you are full.

Ooh, I edited my prior post. You should check out videos of people eating Surstromming. Those Swedes are nuts!
I've heard of it.
The Swedes invented Surstromming as a more aggressive replacement for Ipecac.
Not to be outdone, the Sardinians developed maggot cheese called "Casu marzu".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I've heard of it.

Not to be outdone, in mid-winter, the Icelanders celebrate by eating fermented shark. As Anthony Bourdain has said (more or less), of the shark "truly the foulest thing I've ever had in my mouth".

Having partaken of the shark myself, I have to agree with Anthony.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not to be outdone, in mid-winter, the Icelanders celebrate by eating fermented shark. As Anthony Bourdain has said (more or less), of the shark "truly the foulest thing I've ever had in my mouth".

Having partaken of the shark myself, I have to agree with Anthony.
Rotten shark.....how could that go wrong?

Grandliseur

I've heard of it.
There is a variety of pickled fish in all kinds of sauces. I am not sure if this is the same, but it is actually delicious both by itself and on the brown bread that is used in Scandinavia. Now that you talk about food, I sit and want some. :)