• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friendship

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Amidst feud, faction, and folly; spread order, and toil on behalf of friendship; unite men upon the only basis upon which they can ever meet with dignity.

Create yourself as an oasis of equality and goodwill in a desert of strife.

amorphous_constellation

Hm, well I tend to think that friendship is kind of complicated, unfortunately. It could be me, it could be them, or it be a combination, I am not sure. But over time, my friendships have usually succumbed to the pressure of backhandedness, that eventually builds up to too great a level. I really think I just haven't found the right people. But, it could also have something to do with me, I admit, but I don't really know what that would be. I like the concept of friendship however, and if one oasis doesn't make the other one dirty, that sounds admirable / productive.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Why shouldn't I? Or you? Or us?

My default setting is indifference… not because it should or should not be, but because it is not easy for me to feel strongly about others, and I have no desire to change that. Contrary to how I was before, in another life… I have conditioned myself to keep most people at a distance. I prefer it that way. They are free from my love, and they are free from my hate. They are deserving of neither. I am left free to focus on other things.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
My default setting is indifference… not because it should or should not be, but because it is not easy for me to feel strongly about others, and I have no desire to change that. Contrary to how I was before, in another life… I have conditioned myself to keep most people at a distance. I prefer it that way. They are free from my love, and they are free from my hate. They are deserving of neither. I am left free to focus on other things.

Friendship imo requires neither love, or hate. Just respect. Respect is my default until proven otherwise.

Shaul

Premium Member
Amidst feud, faction, and folly; spread order, and toil on behalf of friendship; unite men upon the only basis upon which they can ever meet with dignity.

Create yourself as an oasis of equality and goodwill in a desert of strife.
"Burma Shave"
IMG_0506.JPG

Viker

Häxan
Eh. That's okay, I suppose. At least you're not a hostile threat to be relentlessly subdued. :p