• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friday the 13th and a full moon.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Maybe this should not be in science, but nonetheless . . .

On Friday the 13th, Don't Be Freaked Out by the 'Micromoon'

On Friday the 13th, Don't Be Freaked Out by the 'Micromoon'

By Stephanie Pappas 3 hours ago Skywatching
DQAzJw6HQJTr7tdUnB6gkN-320-80.jpg

(Image: © Viacheslav Lopatin/Shutterstock)
A full moon on Friday the 13th is spooky enough, but hold on to your black cats. September's full moon will also be a "micromoon."

Skywatchers in Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones will get a view of the full moon tonight (Sept. 13) at 11:32 p.m., 10:32 p.m. and 9:32 p.m., respectively, while East Coasters will see the moon at its fullest at 12:32 a.m. on the 14th. Regardless of time zone, the moon will appear just a bit dimmer than usual (eerie!), because it will be at apogee, or its farthest distance from Earth.

That means that the moon will appear about 14% smaller and 30% dimmer than when it is at its closest point to Earth, which is known as perigee.

It was a good night for the Chinese 'Mooncakes" celebration.

Mooncakes are the worst cakes ever created, especially the ones filled with bean paste (tastes as good as it sounds). Which reminds me I've got a load that I need to give away.

"Thank you for the mooncakes, they are very much appreciated. Hey, you must like mooncakes, you're in luck as I've got a load I'm giving away" :D

whirlingmerc

Mooncakes are the worst cakes ever created, especially the ones filled with bean paste (tastes as good as it sounds). Which reminds me I've got a load that I need to give away.

"Thank you for the mooncakes, they are very much appreciated. Hey, you must like mooncakes, you're in luck as I've got a load I'm giving away" :D

Two students said red bean mooncakes were their favorite !
I think i would go for the ice cream bean challeen type myself!

Some of them at 1100 calories each maybe are best shared and not eaten by a single person

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It was a good night for the Chinese 'Mooncakes" celebration.

People come home and observe the full moon together at home
OR
If they can't come home you look at the moon and you think of home

My wife did order mooncakes from China and they arrived on time. I prefer sesime mooncakes

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Meanwhile I have cans of Azuki red bean paste in my pantry for making Japanese sundays or mochi cakes. I love the stuff.