• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freud, and my ideas on my reality.

I have to say, that my ideas on my own psychology, make me less elaborate than Freud, about what I see in others. I feel, man feels guilty, because he can live life, without the company of others, and he is aware of this most basic truth. When I was a child in a crib, I remember being very bored, when alone, but I was o k with this. I used to be bored, and understood what boredom is, later. Man feels also guilty, that he is supposed to be a sexual animal, when his best relationship is with his mother, before he is married. His mother never considered the sex of any child, male or female, when she loved them. She just loved them, because she saw them as defenseless, and apparently, in psychology, which was discussed before the times of Freud, a woman is more ferocious when her child is defenseless, in relation to someone stronger than her, than the person who is stronger can ever be.
Man is the most guilty, because he knows he doesn't even need to experience the affection of his mother. It appears, Freud was trying to describe, what people saw in relation to themselves. And, he was describing the worst inputs people got in relation to society, and how they coped nonetheless. Everyone, including Freud, Prime Ministers, and other great people, were getting these inputs from society. The plain fact is, I somehow am convinced, people feel guilty that they need not to relate to their surroundings. If we see a difference between 'you' and 'me', you can also see 'me', which is yourself. You see yourself, as you see others. What sees others and yourself, seems to be not known. But you identify others as you identify your own qualities.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If you remove Freudian thinking from this, you might just be on to something.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
and gay unless you buy that, "some times a cigar is just a cigar," crap. Just saying.

The late Paul Harvey once said that Freud actually helped invent cocaine- called it a miracle drug. Just sayin'... ;)
Doesn't mean anything. :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Freud has been largely debunked and discredited.
Is that cigar in your pocket or are you just thrilled to see me?

I do give Freud credit for some psychoanalytic techniques, but his odious theories, especially as propagated by his loathsome daughter, not so much.

Last edited: