• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frequency Illusion

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
There is a thing called The Frequency Illusion - AKA The Baader-Meinhof Complex

Here is its wikipedia entry: Frequency illusion

Basically, this is what it is called when you notice something once, and then keep seeing it everywhere, much more often than before you first noticed it

BF avatar.png

This has happened to me, with butterfly designs

Perhaps having read this post you will now go on and see butterfly designs everywhere!

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My brother in law suffers from schizophrenia and has what is called by his psychiatrist "the red car syndrome". Same thing as the OP, specifically notice a red car and it seems every third or fourth car is red. It is used in psychiatry to help explain certain paranoia episodes

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There is a thing called The Frequency Illusion - AKA The Baader-Meinhof Complex

Here is its wikipedia entry: Frequency illusion

Basically, this is what it is called when you notice something once, and then keep seeing it everywhere, much more often than before you first noticed it

View attachment 48243

This has happened to me, with butterfly designs

Perhaps having read this post you will now go on and see butterfly designs everywhere!

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Yep. I used to call out punchbugs every time I went on a road trip as a kid.