• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

French election coincidence rock!

Do you want Marine Le Pen to get elected?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Who?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What rights? The right to run across border illegally or kill your baby? We don't recognize those as "rights".

Not sure who you're referring to by "we," since many Americans would disagree with you. Either way, I disagree abortion in most cases is killing a baby or that all undocumented immigrants should simply be deported without consideration for their economic contribution to the U.S. These subjects would probably need their own thread, though.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
She's beautiful! I love the female personification of France! She is like a Divine Feminine Divinity to me! :D:heart:

title-1576680650.jpg

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What rights? The right to run across borders illegally or kill your baby? We don't recognize those as "rights".

You know what, I didn't plan to turn this is into some political argument but I can't even say I support someone without getting lectured and guilt-tripped. At this point, I don't even want to discuss politics on RF because it's totally pointless.

Posting one's views on a debate forum opens them up to being challenged. You call it "lecturing" and "guilt-tripping," but I simply call it debate and welcome it as an important aspect of a diverse forum. I don't expect everyone to embrace my views when I post them either.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Okay, he won looks obvious! But doesn't it seem like Le Pen is growing increasingly more popular over time?

Since she cleaned up her act she is taking some of those dissatisfied with macrons failed promise of change.

Interestingly though. There were the highest number if abstentions for 50 years.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I wonder if the granddaughter of Le Pen will ever have a shot:
image_25204.jpg

She is anti-globalist! I don't know much about her, but hear she is like her grandmother!

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
Just watcing some statistics. One that really stuck out was. The answer to why did you vote for macron.

9% said he'd make a good president
91% said to block Le Pen.

F1fan

Veteran Member
She's beautiful! I love the female personification of France! She is like a Divine Feminine Divinity to me! :D:heart:
If only she was running for Miss France 2022 your acclaim would mean something. But as we see with trump and especially Putin, elections have consequences and we can't trust authoritarian leaders. Nations and the world are better off avoiding the risk of electing authoritarians as the alternative have a vastly less violent outcomes. Perhaps Le Pen would surprise us and not push divisive polices and exit NATO, but it seems even the French people can see that isn't worth a risk.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I wonder if the granddaughter of Le Pen will ever have a shot:
View attachment 62363

She is very anti-globalist! I don't know much about her, but hear she is like her grandmother!
Anti-globalist?

Well that's self-sabotage of her political career. If the past decade has taught us anything it's that globalism is crucial for all major nations to function and maintain economic stability.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If only she was running for Miss France 2022 your acclaim would mean something. But as we see with trump and especially Putin, elections have consequences and we can't trust authoritarian leaders. Nations and the world are better off avoiding the risk of electing authoritarians as the alternative have a vastly less violent outcomes. Perhaps Le Pen would surprise us and not push divisive polices and exit NATO, but it seems even the French people can see that isn't worth a risk.
I was talking about Marianne, the female personification of France in the post you quoted. I wasn't talking about Le Pen! ;)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Posting one's views on a debate forum opens them up to being challenged. You call it "lecturing" and "guilt-tripping," but I simply call it debate and welcome it as an important aspect of a diverse forum. I don't expect everyone to embrace my views when I post them either.
Say you support Trump on here and see what happens. You know this forum is not that "diverse", either, especially politically.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Say you support Trump on here and see what happens. You know this forum is not that "diverse", either, especially politically.

A lot of people understandably have issues with support for the politics of someone like Trump, and unless you post in a discussion-only section of the forum, there's nothing preventing debate and disagreement just as there's nothing preventing you from posting your views.

I don't know what you would consider to be "diverse," but I frequently see various active members from different backgrounds expressing differing political and religious views.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
A lot of people understandably have issues with support for the politics of someone like Trump, and unless you post in a discussion-only section of the forum, there's nothing preventing debate and disagreement just as there's nothing preventing you from posting your views.

I don't know what you would consider to be "diverse," but I frequently see various active members from different backgrounds expressing differing political and religious views.
Whatever, DS.