• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

French election coincidence rock!

Do you want Marine Le Pen to get elected?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Who?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Post evidence of her being racist or fascist in her policy proposals. Should be easy. I already know those are just empty political smears because you're opposed to her, but let's see.

But no one should be fooled. At the head of a party that long housed Nazi collaborators, Ms. Le Pen is an authoritarian whose deeply racist and Islamophobic politics threaten to turn France into an outright illiberal state. She may pretend to be a regular politician, but she remains as dangerous as ever. For the good of minorities and France itself, she must not prevail..​
Opinion | Marine Le Pen Is as Dangerous as Ever

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I feel like a child at this thread with mom and Dad giving me opposite advice, but I love and respect mom and Dad enough, I want to take both sides. :p

Honestly, I don't believe a lot of what I hear about Le Pen, because one source says the opposite of what another does, and I personally don't trust American sick media!
Just Google her and read about her. If she was racist or fascist, I wouldn't support her. She's kind of like the French version of Trump, in terms of her stances. She wants France out of the EU and NATO, too, which is just common sense to want.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
@JustGeorge would be an awesome President! :D

She lives in the state of America, whose state flag is the French flag with a Hawk!
state-flag-necessity-question-Iowa-World-War-1921.jpg

ChristineM

Premium Member
Just Google her and read about her. If she was racist or fascist, I wouldn't support her. She's kind of like the French version of Trump, in terms of her stances. She wants France out of the EU and NATO, too, which is just common sense to want.

Difference is between trump and le pen, le pen is intelligent,

Trump isn't isolationist, just anti illegal immigration.

Why is isolating yourself from Europe a common sense want?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Le Pen is not racist or fascist. That's just lies and smears from people who hate her and probably don't even know much about her. It's like all the lies about Trump being racist, in cahoots with neo-Nazis and crap like that, when he is extremely pro-Israel, has a Jewish daughter and Jewish grandkids. :rolleyes: She's a populist and a conservative, who is opposed to globalism and actually cares about France, you know, remaining French. So if she's a racist and a fascist, I am, too. How dare people want to uphold their traditions, their cultures and national identity. :rolleyes:

Downplaying the harm of the deeply discriminatory ideologies of those like Trump and Le Pen seems to me one of the most surefire ways to enable problematic legislation and political rhetoric.

If one's criteria for identifying ideological bias don't manage to identify that the ideology of someone like Le Pen is rooted in far-right slogans and prejudice, then it's quite possible that people like her may still receive support even after implementing laws that negatively affect specific groups to a considerable extent. Barely seeing fascism in anything isn't better than seeing it in everything.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
But no one should be fooled. At the head of a party that long housed Nazi collaborators, Ms. Le Pen is an authoritarian whose deeply racist and Islamophobic politics threaten to turn France into an outright illiberal state. She may pretend to be a regular politician, but she remains as dangerous as ever. For the good of minorities and France itself, she must not prevail..​
Opinion | Marine Le Pen Is as Dangerous as Ever
I didn't ask for a hysterical opinion piece behind a paywall, I asked for what specific stances of hers you think are racist or fascist..

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

A French version of Trump would be quite worrisome for certain minority groups there. At the moment, my friends who study or live in France as immigrants are worried about the prospect of a Le Pen presidency, and I don't blame them.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Downplaying the harm of the deeply discriminatory ideologies of those like Trump and Le Pen seems to me one of the most surefire ways to enable problematic legislation and political rhetoric.

If one's criteria for identifying ideological bias don't manage to identify that the ideology of someone like Le Pen is rooted in far-right slogans and prejudice, then it's quite possible that people like her may still receive support even after implementing laws that negatively affect specific groups to a considerable extent. Barely seeing fascism in anything isn't better than seeing it in everything.
I support Trump and Le Pen, so you can't possibly expect me to agree that their views are "discriminatory" or "harmful". So we already disagree.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
A French version of Trump would be quite worrisome for certain minority groups there. At the moment, my friends who study or live in France as immigrants are worried about the prospect of a Le Pen presidency, and I don't blame them.
Yeah, they spread the same sort of fear-mongering garbage about Trump before he went into office. Not very convincing.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I support Trump and Le Pen, so you can't possibly expect me to agree that their views are "discriminatory" or "harmful". So we already disagree.

I know. That was kinda my point.

Edit: I don't mean this in a sarcastic or mocking way; just thought I'd clarify after seeing the ratings on the post.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So, im in Minnesota USA time. This election is a BIG deal to me and lots of people.

What time will I know the results? Anybody know?

ChristineM

Premium Member

Me too, very worried and we have permission for long term residency.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, they spread the same sort of fear-mongering garbage about Trump before he went into office. Not very convincing.

And then his administration and the GOP worked (and still work, in some cases) to undo things like the right to elective abortion, climate agreements, and measures to improve the conditions of undocumented immigrants who have already contributed to the economy of the U.S. That's on top of publicly fostering inflammatory rhetoric about groups of citizens their ideology doesn't approve of.

It would have helped if Trump's actions hadn't confirmed the fears many had for their rights under his reign.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
So, im in Minnesota USA time. This election is a BIG deal to me and lots of people.

What time will I know the results? Anybody know?

First exit polls due between now and 22h00, about 2 hours time. Full results not until tomorrow, probably early afternoon

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
And then his administration and the GOP worked (and still work, in some cases) to undo things like the right to elective abortion, climate agreements, and measures to improve the conditions of undocumented immigrants who have already contributed to the economy of the U.S. That's on top of publicly fostering inflammatory rhetoric about groups of citizens their ideology doesn't approve of.

It would have helped if Trump's actions hasn't confirmed the fears many had for their rights under his reign.
What rights? The right to run across borders illegally or kill your baby? We don't recognize those as "rights".

You know what, I didn't plan to turn this is into some political argument but I can't even say I support someone without getting lectured and guilt-tripped. At this point, I don't even want to discuss politics on RF because it's totally pointless.