• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

French Communist Party runs candidate for President

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
lol how stereotypical American
You probably don't even know a single thing about the French Presidential Election.
I really don't care aside from wishing the French they make the right choices and stay a free nation.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I really don't care aside from wishing the French they make the right choices and stay a free nation.
Then maybe you should wring your hands over the fascists who have a good chance to at least make it into the second round of the elections, if not win the Presidency outright, rather than a leftist fringe group who have a snowball's chance in hell of affecting any meaningful change at all.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Then maybe you should wring your hands over the fascists who have a good chance to at least make it into the second round of the elections, if not win the Presidency outright, rather than a leftist fringe group who have a snowball's chance in hell of affecting any meaningful change at all.

But the fascist's are right wing so thats all to TH

RestlessSoul

France has plenty of options (as seen in the OP article), it's the French people's votes that create such situations.

In the first round of voting, they have plenty of options. After the first round, it'll almost certainly be a straight choice between a plutocrat and a fascist.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
but if you have any thoughts on the French Presidential elections, please feel free to share and discuss.
Le Pen 2022!

E-19-Nb6-XMAYA3-Et-copy-600x800.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ok, so why do these savvy folks consider voting either for a communist or a fascist? :shrug:

I can ask the same about bojo or trump. Everyone has their foibles. Hopefully though its not enough to get these communists or fascists into the elysee palace

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I can ask the same about bojo or trump. Everyone has their foibles. Hopefully though its not enough to get these communists or fascists into the elysee palace
No sorry, what I meant was why would the same people be considering voting for either a communist or a fascist?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
LePen vs Macron, surely France deserves better options?

But then, look at the last GE in the U.K.

It’s shallow pool of talent both sides of the channel,if a communist running for president is significant (hands up who wants to be a communist?,apologies to the communists out there) Macrons position is fragile at best,

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
In the first round of voting, they have plenty of options. After the first round, it'll almost certainly be a straight choice between a plutocrat and a fascist.
Because those two drew the biggest number of votes during the first round. QED.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
It’s shallow pool of talent both sides of the channel,if a communist running for president is significant (hands up who wants to be a communist?,apologies to the communists out there) Macrons position is fragile at best,
He's only significant because the word "communist" still seems to cause a staggering amount of knee jerk reactions among conservatives. He has absolutely no chance at even getting into the second round, let alone winning the election.

Last edited: