• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

French Communist Party runs candidate for President

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Come on, it's a binary choice: capitalism or evil.

Fancy that, having a communist on the ballot. Makes a change from shades of right wing!

Its kind of odd because Zemmour is grabbing a load of le Pens vote. Good news all round i think.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Wow, weird world. Would you vote Communist? What are the Greens like in France, size wise and trajectory?

I can't vote in France but it's doubtful i would vote communist anyway. Not impossible but doubtful.

The greens ( ecology ) have Jadot in the list of nominees but not really in the running.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I can't vote in France but it's doubtful i would vote communist anyway. Not impossible but doubtful.

The greens ( ecology ) have Jadot in the list of nominees but not really in the running.
Are your kids old enough to be interested in politics?

and do the Greens have much representation at the local level? (Nationally)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Are your kids old enough to be interested in politics?

and do the Greens have much representation at the local level? (Nationally)

The twins are just beginning to take an interest, bloody right wingers...

Jadot is an MEP. Green members sit at the elysee palace. And are quite influential. The french are a far more environmentally aware lot that most of the brits i know.

Example of their sway, fracking is illegal in france

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm more worried that Zemmour will end up making Le Pen look reasonable. I don't think the French system really means they can cannibalize each other's votes though. If it was the US system, it would be almost guaranteed.

Still, Im wary on this. Zemmour seems too ridiculous to see as a legitimate threat. I would have thought the same of Trump once upon a time.
Well it's a 2 stage process, so in the 1st round people can vote for Le Pen or Zemmour or any of the other candidates. So I'm hoping Zemmour syphons off enough right-wing votes to stop either him or Le Pen getting enough to come in the first 2 places in the ranking and thereby make the 2nd round run-off. But I am not confident.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
The twins are just beginning to take an interest, bloody right wingers...

Jadot is an MEP. Green members sit at the elysee palace. And are quite influential. The french are a far more environmentally aware lot that most of the brits i know.

Example of their sway, fracking is illegal in france
Right bloody wingers? :eek:
Should have stuck with cats. :)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Doh Chris, basic psychology! You should have been extolling the virtues of the right wing! ;)

Tried to do that but can't walk the walk. Every time bojo and co get away with another abuse of the British public (and many of that public lap it up) i tend to get a little voluble. Kids notice these things.

When i say right wing it's the french variety (think macron) they are infected with. So not as right as bojo and his cronies and sycophants thank goodness.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Well there's no mystery where revolutions tend to go.
You have a point, the American Revolution was an abject failure in terms of basic human rights practically everywhere.

I suppose the US Founding Fathers should have bent the knee to their king by divine right instead - who knows, slavery might have been abolished in America without a bloody civil war.