• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freedom of Symbolic Under Fire in Sweden

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Here is an example of controlled book burning.
So a idiotic thug incapable of thought blindly burns a book out of hate, and you expect me to sympathise with such a closed minded individual?
I support the freedom to burn whatever books an individual wants to. The act of such an anti intellectual and mouth breathing exercise however. I’m much more ambivalent about.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I have read two versions of the Koran. An official English translation from SA and an annotated version from Pakistan. I found both books very boring and continuously repetitive about god´s anger. Which version have you read?
Parts of the Bible are the same.

I have this: The Study Quran - Wikipedia
And a fancy tajweed Qur'an that is a Syrian Shia translation. I would avoid any Saudi Arabian or Pakistani translation as those are generally Wahhabi trash. They are known to add things or mistranslate verses to suit their ideology.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What happens when you burn the US flag in America?
I don't particularly care about the intent usually behind the burning.
But I enjoy the fact that we have this right. It's so despised by so
many, yet we can do it. So it's a celebration of freedom of speech.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Did you noticed how quick members of the religion of peace reacted so violented?
So do Christians. What’s your point?

I have my own criticisms of Islam. Strangely they’re the exact same for Christianity and to be fair some conservative Hindu movements as well. So I mean I agree that some hardline Muslims can be ****ty. But I have more than enough videos of Christian preachers saying the exact same crap. So I mean, whatever. Temper extreme religion in general, imo.

Mike.Hester

Parts of the Bible are the same.

I have this: The Study Quran - Wikipedia
And a fancy tajweed Qur'an that is a Syrian Shia translation. I would avoid any Saudi Arabian or Pakistani translation as those are generally Wahhabi trash. They are known to add things or mistranslate verses to suit their ideology.
The Koran like other books before the printing press has been subject to additions, forgeries and edits.
Well I have been told opposite. The KORAN is a perfect book, no additions and has been perfectly preserved. I guess the home of Mecca is all wrong!

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't particularly care about the intent usually behind the burning.
But I enjoy the fact that we have this right. It's so despised by so
many, yet we can do it. So it's a celebration of freedom of speech.
I’m forcibly reminded of the Simpsons episode where they accidentally burn the Brit flag in front of Lisa’s Brit fiancé. Then shovel manure on it to put it out and then hand it to him and he’s visibly distraught. Hilarious, amirite?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The Koran like other books before the printing press has been subject to additions, forgeries and edits.
Well I have been told opposite. The KORAN is a perfect book, no additions and has been perfectly preserved. I guess the home of Mecca is all wrong!
That is not what I was talking about. No idea why you're posting this stuff to me.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Does seem a bit mean spirited even for my liking. And I don’t like the Brits. If this was Family Guy I’d understand completely. But Disney?
Although the robot in this ep are pretty awesome lol
Don’t they like melt or something?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes I am peaceful, but I can take the books to save them
If someone else bought, & therefore owns the books,
one must be careful to take them in a manner that
isn't theft.
I really like our Constitution. What if someone had
their own copy of it, & set it afire. I might enjoy this
as a celebration of the power of the document, ie,
without the Constitution, its burning could be illegal.

If Muslims viewed the content of Koran as the
indestructible word of Allah, then the mere burning
of a book would harm no one. Let Allah decide
how to view the firestarter. No need to get angry.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Does seem a bit mean spirited even for my liking. And I don’t like the Brits. If this was Family Guy I’d understand completely. But Disney?
Although the robot in this ep is awesome lol
It's all about Homer's incompetence.
He's also set fire to his church & his home.

But even more offensive....

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If someone else bought, & therefore owns the books,
one must be careful to take them in a manner that
isn't theft.
I really like our Constitution. What if someone had
their own copy of it, & set it afire. I might enjoy this
as a celebration of the power of the document, ie,
without the Constitution, its burning could be illegal.

If Muslims viewed the content of Koran as the
indestructible word of Allah, then the mere burning
of a book would harm no one. Let Allah decide
how to view the firestarter. No need to get angry.
You can burn any spiritual teaching but it will never be gone, but it is the evil deed of burning a book someone see as holy, and those who burn them want respect back? I can not respect racists and religious haters. Sorry