• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freedom of Symbolic Under Fire in Sweden

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I look at it this way.
It is my book I will do what ever the F*** I want with it.
I do not need nor do I want or ask your permission or approval to do with my own property whatever I like.

Now if you are unable to get off your high horse and engage in discussion on the topic.....
To be fair, the association with book burnings and Nazis is pretty strongly ingrained in Western culture, I find.
Well Nazis and those Satanic Panic idiots who burned copies of like Harry Potter or whatever. In what can be described as the most idiotic forms of boycotting ever. Although the comparisons between those idiots and Nazis were also common so. :shrug:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Sweden's Quran-burning rally sparks violence in Malmo; anti-Muslim leader arrested

WELL now, another massive riot in Sweden spontaneously broke out after a Koran was burned. It is amazing how so many members of the religion of peace just suddenly appeared out of the woodwork. I surmise most are unemployed and have nothing better to do and cause destruction. The police had no control of the mob.
Stop you there............ the rioters were a bunch of right-wing extremists.

Yet you try to make it look as if unemployed nasty Muslims were doing all that. That's twisted.......... bent round, isn't it?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Yet you try to make it look as if unemployed nasty Muslims were doing all that. That's twisted.......... bent round, isn't it?
Sound very much like how Trump is doing it. He does something wrong, and blame it on everybody else then him self. He is unable to do wrong in his own eyes, that is the same as what happening in this thread I seen many of the far right activists here in RF doing exactly like Trump.

Mike.Hester

created
it was Muslims who got upset with the burning.

Mike.Hester

To be fair, the association with book burnings and Nazis is pretty strongly ingrained in Western culture, I find.
Well Nazis and those Satanic Panic idiots who burned copies of like Harry Potter or whatever. In what can be described as the most idiotic forms of boycotting ever. Although the comparisons between those idiots and Nazis were also common so. :shrug:
The greatest book burners in history were the Catholics who attempted to wipe out all ancient books contrary to their confusing literature.

Mike.Hester

Book burning - Wikipedia
In the New Testament's Acts of the Apostles, it is claimed that Paul performed an exorcism in Ephesus. After men in Ephesus failed to perform the same feat many gave up their "curious arts" and burned the books because apparently, they did not work.

And many that believed, came and confessed and shewed their deeds. Many of them also which used curious arts, brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.[2]

After the First Council of Nicea (325 CE), Roman emperor Constantine the Great issued an edict against nontrinitarian Arians which included a prescription for systematic book-burning:

Mike.Hester

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In some cases, the destroyed works are irreplaceable and their burning constitutes a severe loss to cultural heritage. Examples include the burning of books and burying of scholars under China's Qin Dynasty (213–210 BCE), the obliteration of the Library of Baghdad (1258), the destruction of Aztec codices by Itzcoatl (1430s), the burning of Maya codices on the order of bishop Diego de Landa (1562), and the Burning of Jaffna Public Library in Sri Lanka (1981).
Do this past actions done by other then Muslims make it acceptable to burn the Quran today? What is the reason you and other who support Quran burning see it as so good to make others angry?

Mike.Hester

America is a free country. As long as it does not create a public hazard. I do not like any book burning, they should be in a library. If you disagree with our American Constitution,you can always move to another country.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
The greatest book burners in history were the Catholics who attempted to wipe out all ancient books contrary to their confusing literature.
Book burning has a long history of purposely ignoring facts or opinions that the burner objects to.
Burning a specific holy book is seemingly more targeted and specific. So I would not be surprised of accusations of hate towards the adherents to said book or if it’s just a book the author. Again many people protested (and lined her pockets) J K Rowling. I have my issues with Rowling personally. But I’m not going to buy and then burn her books like an idiot. I will commend her on giving back an award due to transphobic perceptions. A good PR move and/or classy move by her either way. Book burning as a whole seems utterly counterproductive and a very bad PR move either way.

Mike.Hester

Well where were they all?
I can imagine that some Muslims would be upset by such a scummy action, clearly seeking to provoke and upset them, but all that mob were rightwing extremist head cases.
Regretfully I used a leftist newspaper as a mistake.All other accounts are that Muslim rioted after learning that their book was being burnt. I corrected this with two other accounts of the event. Please scroll and read the other accounts.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Regretfully I used a leftist newspaper as a mistake.All other accounts are that Muslim rioted after learning that their book was being burnt. I corrected this with two other accounts of the event. Please scroll and read the other accounts.
So did they riot or didn’t they?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
In Europe the news media goes out of its way to protect migrants. When charged with a crime, the name of the perpetrators are not revealed as well as his nationality. Like wise when a major event like a riot, occurs, little is said. Who else gets up set when a Koran is destroyed?
I despise anyone who destroys great pieces of literature. They are uncivilized vermin destroying treasures worth more than their pathetic lives, in my eyes.

Mike.Hester

I despise anyone who destroys great pieces of literature. They are uncivilized vermin destroying treasures worth more than their pathetic lives, in my eyes.
I have read two versions of the Koran. An official English translation from SA and an annotated version from Pakistan. I found both books very boring and continuously repetitive about god´s anger. Which version have you read?