• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freedom of Speech

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
People got along just fine before movies... they can get along just fine without them. I have very strong views about editing things, and I believe materials should NEVER be edited from their original form, unless to correct mistakes.

If people wanted to eliminate everything not relevant to the plot, we could narrow the whole movie down the the first and last 10 minutes of Titanic... :rolleyes:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Jensa said:
If people wanted to eliminate everything not relevant to the plot, we could narrow the whole movie down the the first and last 10 minutes of Titanic... :rolleyes:
It would have greatly improved the movie too! :p

If you jump then I jump... If you jump then I jump... So jump already!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
There was an 'article' in the "Onion", "ACLU Defends Groups' Right to Burn Down ACLU Headquarters." I couldn't stop myself from giggling.

There are so many people I'd like to censor out there- the hate-mongers, those that would spread lies and claim it as the truth... and sometimes Paris Hilton. But as much as I detest the things that happen as a result of their words (not Paris Hilton, specifically. I just have a strange aversion to her) I would rather continue to allow them to them speak than to risk someone elses' beautiful words not reaching my ears.

anders

Jensa said:
I have very strong views about editing things, and I believe materials should NEVER be edited from their original form, unless to correct mistakes.
So does Swedish law. That editing company would have been prosecuted here, and they would have lost the lawsuit, even if far worse items than nudity or profanity were edited out. Any editing to suit age limits would have to be agreed on with the owners of intellectual property rights, and no special interest group can override regulations and standards.

You guys are worrying about people who are editing movies that are not being forced upon anyone
while we have history books in public and private schools that are being force fed to the young that are totally contrary to what actually happened!!!

Andra130

TheIdealist said:
You guys are worrying about people who are editing movies that are not being forced upon anyone
while we have history books in public and private schools that are being force fed to the young that are totally contrary to what actually happened!!!
You said it! At least some one here kinda sees where I am coming from.