• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freedom of Speech what, when, whom?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

What does it mean?
1: Say it, whatever we want
2: Say it, whenever we want
3: Say it, whomever we want

Wrong !!! Not on RF. Not to judge in court. Not to Queen of England. Not to ISIS. Not if you want likes on RF:p
Not when discriminating [excludes a lot]. Why not discriminate? Because you hurt the other's feelings I guess

* Which order to follow: Bible, Quran, Conscience, Law?
* Should American Christian in Russia follow USA Law or Russian Law [Russia forbids proselytizing]?
* Hypothetical 51% Muslims in USA. Democracy: Freedom of Speech now according to Sharia Law ?

* Hypocrites: Thoughts, words, deeds don't match. Does "Free Speech" w/o "Free Deeds" create hypocrisy?
a)Might hurtful speech lead to aggression + b)Should "Freedom of Speech" maybe match "Freedom of Deeds"?

* Freedom of Speech implies you might get hurt, so you must grow a thick skin, built a wall around you not to feel it. When you block this feeling out, it means you become more insensitive, less in tune with others and your own feelings. Meaning you also start hurting others more, unaware due to insensitivity. Vicious circle.

* UK blocked Geert Wilders speaking. Their Law, so then block "Free Speech" okay? Should US interfere?
G.W "prerecorded" speech. This trick okay? I liked it:

Below are just a few examples I thought of. No need to answer them. Just to "boot" your creativity

I am curious how others think about "Freedom of Speech" [some thoughts I had]:
* Is "Freedom of Speech" sufficient or too much in your country?
* Where do "Freedom of Speech" and "Freedom of Religion" match or give rise to problems?
* Where do "Freedom of Speech" and "Discrimination" match or give problems?
* Do you insist saying words knowing they would hurt the other? Even when the other did not hurt you?
* Have you regretted using "Freedom of Speech" messing up a good friendship or feeling a fool afterwards?
* Do you enjoy using "Freedom of Speech" to provoke others, get them mad or maybe happy?

There was a topic: Why Atheists preach? .... obvious it has lots to do with "Freedom of Speech" use/abuse!
* Muslim started this. Important? Obviously he got this feeling. Why Muslims arouse this in Atheists?
* X Christians agreed with Muslims:p? Important? They felt so. Why Christians arouse this in Atheists?
* Other non Atheist feel the same as above Muslims & Christians? Or you don't feel Atheists preach?
* I am non-Atheist and never felt they did. I can understand why Muslims/Christians feel Atheists preach
* Christians/Muslims: Why you preach? Scripture tells me to. Feels good. Feels bad, but befehl is befehl
* Atheists: You feel you preach?
* Atheists: If you preach, why? You preached 1st day becoming Atheist? Or reaction talking to theists?
* Atheists: If you don't, why you don't preach ... Theists to arrogant to accept your wisdom or....?:D

* What is the reason that people: a)Talk + b)Preach + c)Evangelize + d)Blaspheme + e)Impose?

* Do you personally like it when Christians/Muslims/Religious people try to convert you?
YES: Okay. Why you like to be preached upon? [e.g. I like sometimes to preach back to preachers:p]
NO: Okay. "Freedom of Speech" + you don't like this. Are you a masochist? Free Speech is worth the pain

* Freedom of Speech in USA seems less when protesting against Trump. Is this fair/correct?
To me, from Holland, this seems excessive force, 60 years. North Korea like. Fascism on the rise?
[I do remember D.Trump saying "Americans should be to me as N.Koreans do to Kim". Not a joke]

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...p-administration-punishing-dissent-protesters
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...gainst-trumps-inauguration-day-j20-protestors

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I like it when people pay me to try to evangelize me. It never happened but I still like that kind of evangelism. :D

However, I should not be attached to money, but it still can be nice!

About USA intervening, I think Geert Wilders and Donald Trump should invade the UK! :p

Just kidding!

I think a lot of Europeans hate themselves for being European, hate their history, and hate Europe, so they want immigrants to come in and rape, pillage, terrorize, and culturally conquer and enrich them.

Some people want that kind of drama and abuse. That's why Germany blamed their own women for being sexually assaulted rather than blame the migrants who were responsible.

Geert Wilders is a good leader. He hasn't thrown out common sense, survival instincts, and he is not suicidal like much of Europe.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Geert Wilders is a wonderful person..he received the Oriana Fallaci award for free speech in 2009. So he's loved in my country...because he honors the memory of our heroine Oriana.

Well..the UK banned Wilders once...now this...
Whenever I ask the British :" can't you see that we Italians honor the heroes of freedom of speech...whereas you guys silence them or ban them?"...they won't answer.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Geert Wilders is a wonderful person..he received the Oriana Fallaci award for free speech in 2009. So he's loved in my country...because he honors the memory of our heroine Oriana.

Well..the UK banned Wilders once...now this...
Whenever I ask the British :" can't you see that we Italians honor the heroes of freedom of speech...whereas you guys silence them or ban them?"...they won't answer.
What is the right--wing victory like in italy?

I could google it but would rather hear from an Italian.

I thought I read that Italian right-wingers are very p*ssed off!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What is the right--wing victory like in italy?

I could google it but would rather hear from an Italian.

I thought I read that Italian right-wingers are very p*ssed off!

it deals with a Souverainist-Populist government that certainly supports the Europe of Nations...but yes, the right-wing parties won both national and local elections.
:)

Danny1988

What does it mean?

Wrong !!! Not on RF. Not to judge in court. Not to Queen of England. Not to ISIS. Not if you want likes on RF:p
Not when discriminating [excludes a lot]. Why not discriminate? Because you hurt the other's feelings I guess

* Should American Christian in Russia follow USA Law or Russian Law [Russia forbids proselytizing]?
* Hypothetical 51% Muslims in USA. Democracy: Freedom of Speech now according to Sharia Law ?

* Hypocrites: Thoughts, words, deeds don't match. Does "Free Speech" w/o "Free Deeds" create hypocrisy?
a)Might hurtful speech lead to aggression + b)Should "Freedom of Speech" maybe match "Freedom of Deeds"?

* Freedom of Speech implies you might get hurt, so you must grow a thick skin, built a wall around you not to feel it. When you block this feeling out, it means you become more insensitive, less in tune with others and your own feelings. Meaning you also start hurting others more, unaware due to insensitivity. Vicious circle.

* UK blocked Geert Wilders speaking. Their Law, so then block "Free Speech" okay? Should US interfere?

Below are just a few examples I thought of. No need to answer them. Just to "boot" your creativity

* Where do "Freedom of Speech" and "Freedom of Religion" match or give rise to problems?
* Do you insist saying words knowing they would hurt the other? Even when the other did not hurt you?
* Have you regretted using "Freedom of Speech" messing up a good friendship or feeling a fool afterwards?
* Do you enjoy using "Freedom of Speech" to provoke others, get them mad or maybe happy?

There was a topic: Why Atheists preach? .... obvious it has lots to do with "Freedom of Speech" use/abuse!
* Muslim started this. Important? Obviously he got this feeling. Why Muslims arouse this in Atheists?
* X Christians agreed with Muslims:p? Important? They felt so. Why Christians arouse this in Atheists?
* Other non Atheist feel the same as above Muslims & Christians? Or you don't feel Atheists preach?
* I am non-Atheist and never felt they did. I can understand why Muslims/Christians feel Atheists preach
* Christians/Muslims: Why you preach? Scripture tells me to. Feels good. Feels bad, but befehl is befehl
* Atheists: If you preach, why? You preached 1st day becoming Atheist? Or reaction talking to theists?
* Atheists: If you don't, why you don't preach ... Theists to arrogant to accept your wisdom or....?:D

* What is the reason that people: a)Talk + b)Preach + c)Evangelize + d)Blaspheme + e)Impose?

* Do you personally like it when Christians/Muslims/Religious people try to convert you?
YES: Okay. Why you like to be preached upon? [e.g. I like sometimes to preach back to preachers:p]
NO: Okay. "Freedom of Speech" + you don't like this. Are you a masochist? Free Speech is worth the pain

* Freedom of Speech in USA seems less when protesting against Trump. Is this fair/correct?
To me, from Holland, this seems excessive force, 60 years. North Korea like. Fascism on the rise?
[I do remember D.Trump saying "Americans should be to me as N.Koreans do to Kim". Not a joke]

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...p-administration-punishing-dissent-protesters
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article...gainst-trumps-inauguration-day-j20-protestors
Freedom of speech means you can say anything to anyone at anytime as long as it's not true. The truth hurts and everyone hates it, so if you can't beat them join them and lie to your hearts content and you will be loved by everyone

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
This thread's questions are hard to pin down, but:

Freedom of speech is our most important right. All of our other rights depend on freedom of speech. We should err on the side of protecting speech, especially when it causes offense.

Islamization is a separate issue, but we can see how the leaders who support mass immigration attempt to restrict free speech. That demonstrates the power of free speech.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Our Roman lioness :)

Here in the UK one is likely to be cited as racist or an old-fashioned obstacle to multiculturalism if one points this out - that Islam is virtually taking over some towns - but it seems to be the case. That is, that our reasonableness and love of freedoms is playing against us.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

What does it mean?

I tend to think people get too sensitive. ;0)

stvdv

I tend to think people get too sensitive. ;0)

Sensitive is very good, when you have "your heart open"

Being "too sensitive" I usually see with people who find it difficult to say NO, to protect that borders.

I know many people living "in their head and not connected with their feeling". They are not "too sensitive" but they "lack sensitive"

I prefer "too sensitive", because then I am fully alive "connected with my soul". Just need to protect my borders a little more

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Sensitive is very good, when you have "your heart open"

Being "too sensitive" I usually see with people who find it difficult to say NO, to protect that borders.

I know many people living "in their head and not connected with their feeling". They are not "too sensitive" but they "lack sensitive"

I prefer "too sensitive", because then I am fully alive "connected with my soul". Just need to protect my borders a little more
The problem with sensitivity is the way emotions can so easily take over a person's rational , create stress, and a host of other problems.

It doesn't mean you have to lose empathy in order to achieve it. I've been finding out slowly throughout my life that you need to toughen up to maintain clarity in any given situation that is faced to avoid being consumed by your own emotions.

stvdv

The problem with sensitivity is the way emotions can so easily take over a person's rational , create stress, and a host of other problems.

It doesn't mean you have to lose empathy in order to achieve it. I've been finding out slowly throughout my life that you need to toughen up to maintain clarity in any given situation that is faced to avoid being consumed by your own emotions.

Agreed. Yes you need to toughen up. That is what i meant with "protect my borders". When you can do that, then no need to lose empathy. Took me a long time to find this balance.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Here in the UK one is likely to be cited as racist or an old-fashioned obstacle to multiculturalism if one points this out - that Islam is virtually taking over some towns - but it seems to be the case. That is, that our reasonableness and love of freedoms is playing against us.
I understand...the truth is that, that Italian politician doesn't demonize a foreign culture, but she just speaks of numbers...
Are we excessively nationalist? Perhaps...but I think UK must be proud of herself too...
I've never seen the mayor of London wear a squash of the Union Jack...whereas squashes are obligatory for mayors here

Mayor of Rome

images (1).jpg

Mayor of Paris

download (6).jpg