• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Free Will

in the absolute there is no deadlock. the absolute is service to self and all as self, there is no difference between the two. paradox. like yin and yang.

That's like saying "if you look at the hole car

the negative, or service to self, can continually evolve and gain power up to and only to the 6th level. it can go no higher but it can regress and evolve again, infinitely back and forth. as long as it wants to maintain its individuality.

free will is never determined by external causes. free will is determined by internal choices. sin, ignorance, is an excuse to act apart from love. love is a state of mind, as is fear and hate. how one decides/determines to respond to them are solely the choice of the respondents consciousness.
There is no way to disguise that you have, with that post, stated that you believe that god is finite.
And yes, I wrote god with a lower-case ‘g’ because the entity that you are describing is not infinite.
god the pretty darn awesome. god the almost perfect. For his is most of the kingdom, a lot of the power, and much of the glory, for a real good stretch of time. :p

When did I claim God wasn't intimate? Maybe infinate has different meetings to us?

God pulls himself together from elements in the universe, manifesting as the will of the all incarnate to do what the all needs to continue to be then he dies and breaks down into elements again. Then after thousands of years again when hes forced back into that focal point, he does it again then fades away.

Type God, god... GOD, God... It's your energy.

Interesting to me people seem to be able to define characteristic of something they have no clue about. The god I speak of isn't really mentioned in books, if he is few make the connestion.

He associates himself with no "train of thought/religion/civilization (for lack of better words?) He has no name and has never been named.

So if you think you have him pegged, I hope it makes you a better you.

-KING

Vaderecta

free will doesn't have to conflict with the free will of all, it's like the golden rule that self chooses to follow.

I don't believe in the concept of self anymore. Who is this self? And if there is a self then who is that person's self?

Imagine that you are this spirit inhabiting your body and observing just your bodies senses. Who is in that spirit self observing its senses? And so on.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't believe in the concept of self anymore. Who is this self? And if there is a self then who is that person's self?

Imagine that you are this spirit inhabiting your body and observing just your bodies senses. Who is in that spirit self observing its senses? And so on.

this self is everything conscious; including pretending that it is not.

not so much a who but an objective and subjective sense of awareness

Vaderecta

this self is everything conscious; including pretending that it is not.
not so much a who but an objective and subjective sense of awareness

You think your self is everything conscious. So you are me and every other human on the planet?

Shantanu

Nature also interferes with free will, so I don’t see how that would wirk
Man made laws control nature with will, intelligence and prowess. It is humans that other humans have to worry about as man is too powerful.

Last edited:
Is free will basically the idea of an open mind, or free spirit?

Free will should be defined before being argued. I think it is just too nebulous of a term otherwise. For me I would say free will means you can do whatever you want whenever you want so long as you are physically able to do it. In terms of the brain you always a have choice to do A or B and that is always your choice. You can always choose to act however you want. You are always in control.

I don't think that is a real thing though. I do not think you even have time to consider all the actions you could take. It's not a deal breaker for me. Some people think they choose all the time... I'm going to have a good afternoon today because I choose to do so, etc etc.

We just differ in opinion I guess.

Workman

UNIQUE
Is free will basically the idea of an open mind, or free spirit?
FREE WILL
Means to do without doing,
To see without seeing,
To feel without feeling,
TO BE, without being.

Free your selves from the outside, and seek in the inside,
For the inside is why your outside exist..do not feed your outer with outside, but seek and eat what is before you..
you owe it to yourself,
Do not listen to what your eyes tell you for it only talks in facts,
And not in truths.

There you will see the truth,
And true you will be.

FREE YOURSELVES!

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Free will should be defined before being argued. I think it is just too nebulous of a term otherwise. For me I would say free will means you can do whatever you want whenever you want so long as you are physically able to do it. In terms of the brain you always a have choice to do A or B and that is always your choice. You can always choose to act however you want. You are always in control.

I don't think that is a real thing though. I do not think you even have time to consider all the actions you could take. It's not a deal breaker for me. Some people think they choose all the time... I'm going to have a good afternoon today because I choose to do so, etc etc.

We just differ in opinion I guess.

to be is the whole of the law and to do unto others by allowing them the same. love makes all things equal

Skwim

Veteran Member
I've been through the free will issue quite a few times and have found these to be the best, workable definitions:

Will is the capacity to act decisively on one's desires.

Free will is to do so undirected by controlling influences.
In essence, free will claims, "I could have done differently." But I don't buy it for a minute. In addition, the lack of free will means there is no such thing as true choice or choosing. They're an illusion.

FREE WILL
Means to do without doing,
To see without seeing,
To feel without feeling,
TO BE, without being.

Free your selves from the outside, and seek in the inside,
For the inside is why your outside exist..do not feed your outer with outside, but seek and eat what is before you..
you owe it to yourself,
Do not listen to what your eyes tell you for it only talks in facts,
And not in truths.

There you will see the truth,
And true you will be.

FREE YOURSELVES!
Poppycock.

Workman

UNIQUE
I've been through the free will issue quite a few times and have found these to be the best, workable definitions:

Will is the capacity to act decisively on one's desires.

Free will is to do so undirected by controlling influences.
In essence, free will claims, "I could have done differently." But I don't buy it for a minute. In addition, the lack of free will means there is no such thing as true choice or choosing. They're an illusion.

Poppycock.

You are right! No such thing as being free for you my friend!..you just keep on following them instructions

Wether you think you can,
Or you think you can’t,
Either way you are right!.

I don't know if Skwim is going to respond but this is you proving his point.

You just seem to be unaware of why people do things they do. Why do we have marines and nurses? Why are there serial killers, car salesmen or gas station attendents? Just people choosing to do what they want to do you suppose.

Workman

UNIQUE
I don't know if Skwim is going to respond but this is you proving his point.

You just seem to be unaware of why people do things they do. Why do we have marines and nurses? Why are there serial killers, car salesmen or gas station attendents? Just people choosing to do what they want to do you suppose.
One did not disagree with the other,
One spoke of is an opinion,
And for opinion will can, or will(cannot) not!
One thing for sure is that opinions “BELONGS” to in fact! on their ones truth!.

And Yes! You are correct!
I am “not aware” of everything,
but my own awareness to anything.
It is my being free!. Tell me!!
How can one be aware,
When being in the unawareness?
Or..
How can one understand its fullest limit,
If one did not know of the off-limits?
And..
And how does one understand, but yet! Doesn’t know!

From choosing in choices! One can become anything it chooses to be! If only the one can see “it”(unawareness) through whom himself. If not! Than “it” will be in the one, for “it” does not make choices, “it” takes em, does em, ends em”...(serial killer).
You do not choose to be a serial killer,
“It” chooses YOU!