• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frankenstein:real?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
It was based off a real story, yes. The story it is based off of is purely science fictional, though.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. The story is actually much deeper than commonly depicted.

Horrorble

Thanx, actually I will.

In terms of plot and writing style I found it overrated. I only really enjoyed the parts when the monster is speaking and surprisingly I don't remember him having that many parts. A good chunk of the book to focused on Frankenstein traveling and his family which is was boring. But read just for the monster parts they are brilliant.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
In terms of plot and writing style I found it overrated. I only really enjoyed the parts when the monster is speaking and surprisingly I don't remember him having that many parts. A good chunk of the book to focused on Frankenstein traveling and his family which is was boring. But read just for the monster parts they are brilliant.

Apparently Percy Shelly is largely responsible for the later version of it that is the most widely published. The original version of it seems not to be that good.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The original was inspired by the Practise at that time of the Resurrectionists who dug up fresh graves and sold the bodies for medical study. At that same time exaggerated claims were being made for the use of the "New" electricity for medical purposes. It was one of the very first of the SF/Horror stories. She had probably also heard of the Jewish Golem beliefs, though they were created with the help of Magic not science