• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Franken Resigns

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Guilty until proven innocent, you know how we can tell? We can tie the accused to a chair and dunk them in a river, if they sink then the waters accept them and they are innocent and will be cleared of any wrong doing. If the accused float then the water rejects them and their evil nature, the accused will then be extracted and publicly burnt at the stake.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Nope. Locker talk and having a picture of you being sleazy are two different things. I'm not trying to exonerate Trump, I'm just saying he--or anybody--is not guilty just because you want him to be.
I think it is important to understand this isn't a contest. Folks from all sides of the spectrum need to condemn all of these acts at baseline. Defending sexual assault because their tie matches yours is disgusting and should never happen. I despise the idea that supporters of Trump are calling it "locker room talk". It is BS and undermines the victims. "Oh, well, your accusation doesn't matter, just men being men. Locker room talk, you know?" It makes me feel greasy just typing that.

No, it is all horrible and shouldn't be excused just to make a convenient political argument.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I think it is important to understand this isn't a contest. Folks from all sides of the spectrum need to condemn all of these acts at baseline. Defending sexual assault because their tie matches yours is disgusting and should never happen. I despise the idea that supporters of Trump are calling it "locker room talk". It is BS and undermines the victims. "Oh, well, your accusation doesn't matter, just men being men. Locker room talk, you know?" It makes me feel greasy just typing that.

No, it is all horrible and shouldn't be excused just to make a convenient political argument.

Although I have never did any unwanted touching of any type, I thank goodness I have not been condemned to a desert island because of the mouth on me as a young man.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
They certainly are. One is photographic evidence of you being a sleazebag, the other is audio evidence of you being a sleazebag.

So you do accept the audio recording of him admitting to using his power to grope women as an admission that he groped women?

Really? Talk is cheap.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Although I have never did any unwanted touching of any type, I thank goodness I have not been condemned to a desert island because of the mouth on me as a young man.
Idiocy is not an excuse for sexual misconduct of an elected official. Or anyone for that matter.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Idiocy is not an excuse for sexual misconduct of an elected official. Or anyone for that matter.

I think you are missing the point here. If Trump is guilty of sexual misconduct then let his accusers come forward with and we'll look at the evidence (as we would with anyone). Up till now all the accusations did not hold water. Trump never said he was an alter boy; and just because you want him to be guilty of anything from simple jaywalking to the Simpson murders doesn't make him guilty, you have some evidence. Is Trump a little crude? Yes. Does Trump rub people the wrong way? Yes. Is Trump a politician? Hell, no..thankfully. Is Trump doing what he promised? For the most part, yes (yesterday I heard that there have been 40,000 new jobs created this year in industries that Obama swore the jobs would never come back).

Quetzal

Premium Member
I think you are missing the point here.
No, I'm not.

If Trump is guilty of sexual misconduct then let his accusers come forward
They did! If I remember correctly, they received an insurmountable amount of death threats and were advised to back down due to their own safety.

Trump never said he was an alter boy; and just because you want him to be guilty of anything from simple jaywalking to the Simpson murders doesn't make him guilty, you have some evidence.
This has nothing to do with what I want. I am referring to the audio recordings that have him boasting about inappropriate actions that he has taken.

Is Trump doing what he promised? For the most part, yes (yesterday I heard that there have been 40,000 new jobs created this year in industries that Obama swore the jobs would never come back).
This is not relevant, at all.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I think you are missing the point here. If Trump is guilty of sexual misconduct then let his accusers come forward with and we'll look at the evidence (as we would with anyone).
What About the 19 Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct?

Also, there's the aforementioned audio recording of him admitting to sexual misconduct.

Up till now all the accusations did not hold water. Trump never said he was an alter boy; and just because you want him to be guilty of anything from simple jaywalking to the Simpson murders doesn't make him guilty, you have some evidence.
Once again, it's not just us "wanting" him to be guilty. It's the audio of him admitting to doing it, along with the accusation of nineteen women.

Does Trump rub people the wrong way? Yes.
The tone-deaf nature of that last statement would be funny if it weren't utterly terrifying.

Is Trump a politician? Hell, no..thankfully.
He certainly isn't much of one. Nor much of a businessman. Or a person. Or a husband. Or a non-scumbag.

Is Trump doing what he promised? For the most part, yes (yesterday I heard that there have been 40,000 new jobs created this year in industries that Obama swore the jobs would never come back).
"Quick, look over there! It's okay to be a womanizing, adulterous fascist as long as you save a few jobs here and there!"

Speaking of which, none of the above justifies (even remotely) the actions of Al Franken. I believe he was right to resign.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
They did! If I remember correctly, they received an insurmountable amount of death threats and were advised to back down due to their own safety.

Seriously. Q? You're way more intelligent than this. You're saying these women are willing to talk about death threats (without taking any action against the threat makers, BTW) but not one will talk about the alleged sexual misconduct of Trump? You're just buying in the hate hype without checking the facts. Cite a serious source for this claim.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Seriously. Q? You're way more intelligent than this. You're saying these women are willing to talk about death threats (without taking any action against the threat makers, BTW) but not one will talk about the alleged sexual misconduct of Trump? You're just buying in the hate hype without checking the facts. Cite a serious source for this claim.
Once again, because you apparently keep missing it:

There is a widely circulated and absolutely authentic audio recording of Donald Trump ADMITTING to sexual misconduct and using his position of power to grope women.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Anyone find it interesting that Jessica Drake accused Donald Trump of sexual misconduct 10 years later on October 22, 2016- just 15 days before the presidential election and less than 24 hours before she opened her online store?

Accusation: Trump hugged me and kissed me without my consent

Yerda

Veteran Member
The heck you can't. Leeann Tweeden, Lindsey Menz, et al. The point here is that there is REAL evidence against Franken, but only speculation against others.
There's real evidence against Roy Moore and Donald Trump.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Anyone find it interesting that Jessica Drake accused Donald Trump of sexual misconduct 10 years later on October 22, 2016- just 15 days before the presidential election and less than 24 hours before she opened her online store?

Accusation: Trump hugged me and kissed me without my consent
Not really. Do you believe her?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Not really. Do you believe her?

Wasn't there so I won't take sides but the timing of the accusations 10 years later along with several others right before the election and the fact she was launching an online store less than 24 hours after the accusation seems more than a little suspect.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Defending sexual assault because their tie matches yours is disgusting and should never happen. I despise the idea that supporters of Trump are calling it "locker room talk".
I've been in heavy physical industries, and the things men and women say there make Trump's supposed admitting of sexual misconduct seem innocent. I've seen women talk about wanting to strangle each other with dildos and cut and pull each others' intestines out in a sadomasochistic sexual suicide pact. Males and Females talking about raping everyone. Not one of the people, to my knowledge, ever did these things. "Locker room talk" is a thing, whether you like it or not.

It is BS and undermines the victims. "Oh, well, your accusation doesn't matter, just men being men. Locker room talk, you know?" It makes me feel greasy just typing that.
What are you even talking about? No one's accusation is based on the so called locker room talk and thus no victim was undermined by naming it as such. Nor was any accusation dismissed as having anything to do with that.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The point here is that there is REAL evidence against Franken, but only speculation against others.
What is this real evidence? So far I've heard there are several allegations of Franken stealing kisses, though apparently backing off when rebuffed.

It's interesting how the Democrats are willing to accept responsibility for misdeeds and to clean house, while the right tends to circle the wagons and make excuses -- though they're always quick to find fault with the 'other side'.

Uncritical support of accepted authority is part of the Right Wing Authoritarian triad. Which party is the more authoritarian?

Last edited: