• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

France: Nadine Morano wants to forbid veils in public

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I do not think a great majority of these women wear the veil willingly.

Have you asked? Because those i have asked willingly wear their head covering because they consider it to be the right thing to do.

Now i am sure you wear clothing that you think is right, why should Muslims be discriminated against because its different to what you like to wear?

Of course there limits imposed for security requirements, the niqab for example.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Have you asked? Because those i have asked willingly wear their head covering because they consider it to be the right thing to do.

Now i am sure you wear clothing that you think is right, why should Muslims be discriminated against because its different to what you like to wear?

Of course there limits imposed for security requirements, the niqab for example.

You do have a point, Christine.

However I think Madame Morano wants to focus on the social and antropological significance of the veil, since it was invented as item to subdue and humiliate women.

I am not sure banning the headscarf is the right thing to do...however I am preoccupied about its anthropological implications in the West.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You do have a point, Christine.

However I think Madame Morano wants to focus on the social and antropological significance of the veil, since it was invented as item to subdue and humiliate women.

I am not sure banning the headscarf is the right thing to do...however I am preoccupied about its anthropological implications in the West.

If headscarves are banned in france the older generations of catholic churchgoers would topple the government. I am guessing its the same in Italy.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Imagine if politicians were as obsessed with actually significant issues like climate change and poverty as they are obsessed with women's clothing choices. All that time and effort spent on legislating what women should or shouldn't wear would instead be directed at furthering the well-being of populations at large.

Just imagine if we had more reasonable politicians rather than fearmongers and ideologues. Kinda too much to ask that we have that nowadays, apparently.