• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

France: Macron defends blasphemy

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It accepts that people see blasphemy as wrong, just doesn't accept that the right to blaspheme should be taken away from them by migrants.

We can hear their answers through the internet or other appropriate places, they can make themselves heard without migrating.

Yes it does, it allows bad ideas to be critiqued so they can be replaced with good ideas, it allows character development and it allows people to vent

Blasphemy does not "hit" and i see it as inappropriate to use words which confuse it with physical violence.
So this is not about a religioues belief, it is about you do not want foreign people in to your country? You dont like when they get there personally to speak about their religion.

atanu

Premium Member
No blasphemy is not evil speech, and it doesn't cover slander

I think you are correct in the current narrow sense. The root of the word, however, is much wider and slander is surely is covered. See below.

[GALLERY=media, 9350]D828F5B9-CDBE-4AAD-9D75-A694E951AF92 by atanu posted Sep 9, 2020 at 5:32 PM[/GALLERY]

danieldemol

Premium Member
So this is not about a religioues belief, it is about you do not want foreign people in to your country? You dont like when they get there personally to speak about their religion.
Nope, foreigners are welcome to come in my country and tell me about non-blasphemy aspects of their religion, for example a Muslim would be welcome to say I should practice praying 5 times a day, facing Mecca, to one God etc etc, if they want to ban blasphemy, they can complain about it from their own country.

To say that I'm opposed to migrants or to people teaching their religion would not be a fair representation of what I'm advocating IMO

danieldemol

Premium Member
I think you are correct in the current narrow sense. The root of the word, however, is much wider and slander is surely is covered. See below.

[GALLERY=media, 9350]D828F5B9-CDBE-4AAD-9D75-A694E951AF92 by atanu posted Sep 9, 2020 at 5:32 PM[/GALLERY]
We can cover slander in our laws without infringing people's right to blaspheme.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Nope, foreigners are welcome to come in my country and tell me about non-blasphemy aspects of their religion, for example a Muslim would be welcome to say I should practice praying 5 times a day, facing Mecca, to one God etc etc, if they want to ban blasphemy, they can complain about it from their own country.

To say that I'm opposed to migrants or to people teaching their religion would not be a fair representation of what I'm advocating IMO
If i misunderstood your message i am sorry, i did not intend to accuse you of disliking foreign people

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If someone has the right to insult you and said to you your sister is a whore, what will you feel.
I'd laugh and tell my sister you said that.

She'd punch her fist through your ribcage, rip out your beating heart, take a bite, then end government money to your hospital before you got there.

Trust me. Not all chicks are wimps.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You are free if you support blasphemy, but when it comes to politics, freedom has limits in France,
This is actually quite true.
Europeans aren't as good at freedom of speech as the USA.
Maybe that's why so many Muslims choose Europe over America.
Tom