• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

France: Macron defends blasphemy

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
But it often does just that. Convert of die.
I agree. Violence should never be a part of a civilised society and people who kill others for blasphemy or apostasy should (ideally) be tried in a court of law and imprisoned. In my opinion.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
'PARIS (AP) — French President Emmanuel Macron has criticized what he calls “Islamic separatism” in his country and those who seek French citizenship without accepting the “right to commit blasphemy.”'

Read more here: Macron decries 'Islamic separatism,' defends blasphemy
IMPO:
Personally I do not have the right to commit blasphemy, according to my conscience; I do not want to hurt others by belittling feelings/faith
But in this particular case, those Muslims terrorists, imposing their Religious discipline on us, also commit Blasphemy in my eyes
(My Master taught us, that to develop Love towards your Teacher/Guru, it's useful to repeat His Name and picture His form)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
'PARIS (AP) — French President Emmanuel Macron has criticized what he calls “Islamic separatism” in his country and those who seek French citizenship without accepting the “right to commit blasphemy.”'
IMPO:
IF Islam (total) wouldn't have a thread/t of superiority/arrogance/imposing in it
THEN nobody would even think to commit blasphemy

First things first:
IF Muslims in Pakistan are dancing + celebrating when their Master says "Nuke Holland for their drawing contest Plan"
THEN I think it is urgent, that we, as the West, send a very clear, not false to interpret, message to the Middle East
Macron just did that, and this I applaude. Given the circumstances, I see it as an appropriate reaction

firedragon

Veteran Member

Well. If in any country the law is such no one has any right to negate that law. So it is only right for any leader in that country to simply defend its law. Thats it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If they want to live in a society that adheres to their ways then they should just have stayed in their homeland. If you cant accept the ways of your host then avoid being a rotten guest altogether and just don't come in the first place. Don't partake of our social amd legal benefits and protections and then scream about how bad they are.
Interesting....
Their type turn their country into a s***hole, so they
move to a western country, & bring s***hologenic
practices to impose upon their new home.

Note:
The above only applies to individuals who fit that
description....not to those who plan to adapt &
honor their new home's culture of liberty.

For me every day involves blasphemy.
Mocking the gods is a blast for me.
If theocrats reign
tis atheists' bane.
Each day might become quite the last for me.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well. If in any country the law is such no one has any right to negate that law. So it is only right for any leader in that country to simply defend its law. Thats it.
No!!! Disobeying an unjust law is a right, if not a duty. Civil Disobedience Quotes (67 quotes)

Laws are made by people, and usually by a power elite with an interest in maintaining their power and privilege.
Laws differ in different jurisdictions, what's illegal in your town might be legal in the adjoining county. Laws are constantly changing. Laws are often unjust.
There is nothing sacrosanct about a law.A law is a suggestion backed by a threat.

It's through challenging and disobeying laws that social change comes about.

The American slaves broke the law. Woman's suffrage demonstrators broke the law. Civil rights demonstrators broke the law. Anti-war protestors broke the law.

Jesus broke the law. Martin Luther broke the law. Harriet Tubman broke the law. Thoreau broke the law. Hans and Sophie Scholl broke the law. Gandhi broke the law. Martin Luther King broke the law.
Those labeled criminals today are oftened honored tomorrow.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
No!!! Disobeying an unjust law is a right, if not a duty. Civil Disobedience Quotes (67 quotes)

Laws are made by people, and usually by a power elite with an interest in maintaining their power and privilege.
Laws differ in different jurisdictions, what's illegal in your town might be legal in the adjoining county. Laws are constantly changing. Laws are often unjust.
There is nothing sacrosanct about a law.

The American slaves broke the law. Woman's suffrage demonstrators broke the law. Civil rights demonstrators broke the law. Anti-war protestors broke the law.

Jesus broke the law. Martin Luther broke the law. Harriet Tubman broke the law. Thoreau broke the law. Hans and Sophie Scholl broke the law. Gandhi broke the law. Martin Luther King broke the law.

Alright. So you support breaking the law in France. Fine. Your prerogative.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

I do not understand how arbitrary the limits of "civil disobedience" are.

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member

And Al Capone also broke the law. Is he honoured today?
There is a difference between breaking the law and challenging a law. Challenging a law is much more than simply breaking it. It requires a public discussion, activism, engaging in politics - and the possibility to lose.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is a difference between breaking the law and challenging a law. Challenging a law is much more than simply breaking it. It requires a public discussion, activism, engaging in politics - and the possibility to lose.
I do not understand how arbitrary the limits of "civil disobedience" are.
Everyone must make their own decisions. Just remember that you're individually responsible for your decisions. Hopefully you have some moral principles to guide you.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Did he make his decisions based on idealistic moral principles?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who decides which laws are unjust or harmful?
You?
@Revoltingest?

I would overturn RoevWade.
Is it my conscience that should Trump law?
Tom
Who decides now? The effect of law or action is generally calculable. You can craft laws to benefit society or individuals, or you can base them on ancient laws which do not apply to modern society.