• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

France at war with ISIS!!

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Au revoir, ISIS fighters: French jets bomb jihadists - NY Daily News

You may think this is today's headline, but no, this is yesterdays news!! In fact since September of last year France has been bombing and killing ISIS fighters with French fighter jets as part of the coalition started by the good ol USA. So given presumably dozens or more likely hundreds of dead ISIS fighters later, is it surprising that ISIS would try to make an attack on French soil in retaliation. Absolutely no reason to support what ISIS is doing, but war is war, and when you declare war on another party there are bound to be consequences.

Jumi

So you are saying these guys were in a way justified according to your logic to go to France and kill civilians in a Kosher grocery store and cartoonists. Maybe they were just too dumb to figure out that attacking these people in no way hurt France or that these people had no way of telling France what to do.

Lyndon

Premium Member
What I am saying pure and simple is that France and a number of countries are at war with ISIS, so its rather unlikely that ISIS is just going to sit back and coexist peaceably in those countries. A conflict which I AM NOT SUPPORTING, just observing. My opinion right from the start is these extremists need to be dealt with by Muslim countries and Muslim law, which they are obviously breaking. For the extremely unpopular, in the Middle East, western powers to attack, is just going to add to the popularity and allure of ISIS and make more people join and the conflict get worse, I said this several months ago, and now this is exactly what is happening.

Jumi

Really? I agree that Western countries shouldn't have attacked Iraq the way they did, but I'm not agreeing in the case of ISIS. They are killing non-Muslim and Muslim alike in the most barbaric way and taking little girls as sex slaves. I think everyone should unite against them and not make any excuses for them.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
ISIS is only one of many radical Islamic groups that have used terrorism for decades now. No doubt that the west deserves some of the "credit" for mistakes, accidental or not, how does this in any way justify groups like ISIS killing civilians?

Reza02

A Muslim young
ISIS is only one of many radical Islamic groups that have used terrorism for decades now. No doubt that the west deserves some of the "credit" for mistakes, accidental or not, how does this in any way justify groups like ISIS killing civilians?

ISIS is not Islam. They are abusiving name of Islam.
Islam never authorits to kill civilians.
If ISIS terrorists are Muslim why they are killing people in Iraq and Syria?
Why US goverment helped ISIS several times? Can you belive that was mistake?

Excuse me if I had some mistakes in English

Jumi

No justification for ISIS, its just the kind of reaction you should be expecting when you go to war with a region.
You expect them to come and attack people who are even critical of the French government? This being a response makes no sense.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Well then you're very naive about Charlie Hebdo and what it "stands" for, its definetly not about peace, love and unity, much more to do with hate and intolerance......

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
In all the wars France has been involved in I don't recall one time when a group of cartoonists and Jewish supermarket shoopers were murdered.
I don't recall your country authorizing the murder of grocery shoppers and cartoonists.
Your apparent agenda isn't pro islam, it appears to be anti America, and strongly anti American Conservatives.
You seem to want to debate, argue, politics, especially the poltical institutions of the U.S.
Yet you live in the U.S., enjoy the protection of the U.S. Constituion under the 1st Amendment well enough.

Reza02

A Muslim young
ISIS terrorist have some helps from France and some western contries. If you train a snake in your sleeves you must be sure that it will bite you first.
I think all of western countries most look for similiar goings on

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have been wondering if the French have been making fun of us in America for not jumping on board, like we were making fun of them about a decade ago for not jumping on board to go to those wars (it's been so long I don't remember if it was Afghanistan, Iraq, or both).

I also haven't seen anyone on this thread justify ISIS, but rather point out the obvious and that is they are not going to sit back and take what they perceive as aggressions against them (and without doubt at least some of them have experienced some Western aggressions). It's not called justifying them, it's called saying we should expect retaliation. We aren't at war against a bunch of Gandhis and Gautamas, so why would we expect there to be no retaliation?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
In fact since September of last year France has been bombing and killing ISIS fighters with French fighter jets as part of the coalition started by the good ol USA.

Though to be fair this is to slow the advance of ISIS forces who are in the process of taking over territory by military force, expanding their "empire". So yes, you could say that ISIS has retaliated. So what next do you think?

Jumi

Well then you're very naive about Charlie Hebdo and what it "stands" for, its definetly not about peace, love and unity, much more to do with hate and intolerance......
The fact is that Charlie Hebdo or the people in the grocery store had zero to do with French policy. There is no logical reason to connect the two.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Just what I said, one of the headline news stories here in America pointed out that in America, especially on college campuses, hate speech like we see in Charlie Hebdo would never be permitted. We already had the you tube video that led to all the protests and the takeover of the US embassy in Libya. We don't appreciate that kind of thing in America, but in France it seems like hatred and intolerance are all the rage, just because ISIS picked them and not McDonalds to kill people, had they chosen the golden arches, I'm sure it would translate into over 1 billion more served!!

Jumi

Yes it's a satire magazine.

If they were trying to make a statement against France they would have attacked government targets not cartoonists who make fun of their country's president.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Just what I said, one of the headline news stories here in America pointed out that in America, especially on college campuses, hate speech like we see in Charlie Hebdo would never be permitted

Really?....

th

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
ISIS is not Islam. They are abusiving name of Islam.
Islam never authorits to kill civilians.
If ISIS terrorists are Muslim why they are killing people in Iraq and Syria?
Why US goverment helped ISIS several times? Can you belive that was mistake?

Excuse me if I had some mistakes in English
Actually it is Islam, but a radicalized version of it. There are no spokesmen for Islam-- no Islamic "pope".

Much like there are some radical Jews and radical Christians and radical Buddhists, there are also radical Muslims that quote end emphasize certain verses out of the Qur'an and Hadith at the expense of many other verses that are much more moderate. It may not be your approach, and polls indicate that this radical element's beliefs is not accepted by most Muslims, but it still is a form of Islam.