• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox viewers tuning out January 6 hearings -- want the truth or the truth you want?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I didn't know where to put this, but since knowledge generally comes under the heading of Philosophy, here we are.

As many recall, Fox News refused to air the first of the January 6 hearings, but that presented them a small challenge, since, those hearing being actual NEWS, a news channel ignoring them looks phishy. So Fox, figuring, "well, their mid-day anyway, so we can still show them and not lose our evening hordes of viewers."

Well, interestingly enough, ratings now show that about half of Fox viewers actually tune out when those hearings are on. Their usual weekday daytime audience is about 1.4 million, which drops to about 700,000 during the hearing, and bumps way up to about 2.7 million once the hearings are over.

This tells me something about what those viewers are doing -- I am certain that they DO NOT WISH TO BE CONFRONTED with actual data that puts their cherished beliefs at risk. Once again, and we see this all the time with people who have committed themselves to something (religion, conspiracy theories, the big lie, fringe political views, etc.) outside of what reason would seem to dictate.

In other words, they do not want to know the truth, the know the "truth" they want.

That is a very human thing, but sadly, it is, for the most part, a dead end in terms of making progress towards a better future for our species and our planet.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I didn't know where to put this, but since knowledge generally comes under the heading of Philosophy, here we are.

As many recall, Fox News refused to air the first of the January 6 hearings, but that presented them a small challenge, since, those hearing being actual NEWS, a news channel ignoring them looks phishy. So Fox, figuring, "well, their mid-day anyway, so we can still show them and not lose our evening hordes of viewers."

Well, interestingly enough, ratings now show that about half of Fox viewers actually tune out when those hearings are on. Their usual weekday daytime audience is about 1.4 million, which drops to about 700,000 during the hearing, and bumps way up to about 2.7 million once the hearings are over.

This tells me something about what those viewers are doing -- I am certain that they DO NOT WISH TO BE CONFRONTED with actual data that puts their cherished beliefs at risk. Once again, and we see this all the time with people who have committed themselves to something (religion, conspiracy theories, the big lie, fringe political views, etc.) outside of what reason would seem to dictate.

In other words, they do not want to know the truth, the know the "truth" they want.

That is a very human thing, but sadly, it is, for the most part, a dead end in terms of making progress towards a better future for our species and our planet.
They are shouting lalala and desperately talking about something else. Why do you think we've had so many threads on gasoline prices recently? :D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
People don't really care about selective hearings hence, "House Select Hearings".

It's completely left wing.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
My grandma doesn't watch the hearings she's a huge Trump supporter. Fun fact: she also thinks Fox news is too far left

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
The reason for this is the viewers been exposed to too much right wing propaganda. Fox news being nothing but propaganda is one thing. But many like my grandma watch fox news 24/7 it's all that is on her tv and then go online to Facebook reading right wing posts and then watching videos from right wing pastors. Sometimes she'll go to a church that again spreads some right wing propaganda. She also talks to no one but her few friends all right winged. It's all she's surrounded by and it is all she hears. The more you exposed to something the more likely you are to believe it. Folk like my grandma and those who dont watch the hearings are basically being brain washed and being hit nonstop with nonsense and propaganda. And they arent willing to look past the propaganda

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
My grandma doesn't watch the hearings she's a huge Trump supporter. Fun fact: she also thinks Fox news is too far left

Grandma sounds awesome.

If you are concerned about propaganda and indoctrination, however, I would suggest looking for it in both directions, right and left.