• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Fall

Daemon Sophic

Fox News suffers ratings slump while staffers fret about post-Trump future - CNN

5649d2b8b67fcdd0a8c00ac1f920896b.gif

...and so declines the TAAN (Treasonous Anti-America Network).

We can all hope. :cool::)

giphy.gif

Stay tuned, (but not to Faux).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

exchemist

Veteran Member
Fox News suffers ratings slump while staffers fret about post-Trump future - CNN

Sort of interesting, but looks like a single data point rather than a confirmed trend. Also CNN is clearly gloating at having beaten a rival last month, so they may be overselling what this portends.

However the question they pose for Fox News is interesting, the same question in fact the Republican party is struggling with: dump Trump, or go full conspiracy nutcase?. Trump has led them into the Great Grimpen Mire of wall-to-wall lies (a pretty dangerous place to be if you are a news organisation), and now they can't decide the way out.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
does it strike anyone else as odd that after losing his social media outlets, The Donald has NOT USED a telephone or appeared in person on Fox, Newsmax, One America Network, any of the conservative radio shows, and so on?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
However the question they pose for Fox News is interesting, the same question in fact the Republican party is struggling with: dump Trump, or go full conspiracy nutcase?
They did dump Trump. They lost ratings.
OAN and Newsmax went full on conspiracy. It appears possible they picked up Fox's lost ratings.

Daemon Sophic

does it strike anyone else as odd that after losing his social media outlets, The Donald has NOT USED a telephone or appeared in person on Fox, Newsmax, One America Network, any of the conservative radio shows, and so on?
Not just yet. Give it another month.

As for other responses above, I am not naïve, nor fooled into thinking that the millions of deluded and misled individuals who voted for Trump will suddenly see the light, and start practicing reasoning or even common sense the while observing the news.
But we should all recognize that Fox News was in fact The. Most. Popular. Propoganda network on the planet.
That agency alone did in fact contribute greatly to the division and downfall of the US in the last 2 decades, along with helping to kill tens of thousands of US citizens via their willful spread of misinformation on the SARS-CoViD-2 virus; like their loudspeaker ex-POTUS Trump the Seditionist, they directly influenced people to not take protective actions which would have saved lives. Their pain is a joy for the world.

As for the more fringe RW outlets....Yes they are worse in quality, but tiny in quantity.
There will always be ****-head “news” outlets in the world, just like there will always be KKK members. But it is best in both their cases, to let them rot and fester in whatever dark pit they cower in. Never to be allowed into the light of day again.
Our nation will never heal if so many of the public are being lied to so freely.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I just saw your news chart, @sun rise

CBN does news?... Ugh...

I don't know if I trust much coming from the likes of Pat Robertson.

Still... At least TBN doesn't do news... Right?

Jan_Crouch.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

5649d2b8b67fcdd0a8c00ac1f920896b.gif

giphy.gif

I don't even have cable TV anymore, only cable internet and antenna TV, so I don't even watch CNN or Fox. Cable TV was such a waste of money - just to watch endless streams of commercials. Most of the channels were worthless to me.

I watch the local TV news and the network news, but I usually get news from the wire service news sites - where there's no paywall. It's also interesting to check out news sites from other countries.

I used to watch CNN regularly back in the 80s and 90s - before Fox News really came on the scene. They also had the Headline News channel, but at some point, that turned into some kind of celebrity gossip channel, so I stopped watching it. I lost a lot of respect for CNN over time, as they seemed far more focused on fluff and silly celebrity stuff.

As for Fox, I did watch them occasionally back when I still had cable TV. I had heard of Rupert Murdoch, so at first, I thought it was going to be another channel with celebrity gossip.

That's another reason I got so fed up with cable. The news channels didn't have any news. The History Channel didn't have any history. Music Television stopped having music.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Please, folks, jump back from the conclusions you've jumped to about Fox. They're understandable leaps of faith, but Fox is a business. It exists to make a profit more than any other thing.

Only a few days ago, it changed course. Reshuffled it's hosts, reordered its ratio of news to opinion. This won't really surprise anyone. Fox is off to chase OAN and Newsmax in moving away from facts and towards pure 'opinion'. It's ramping up its efforts to create an 'alternative take' on reality. One that perfectly benefits few people who are not billionaires.

The right's rank and file is signalling they want more gratuitous outrage than Fox has been able to provide them with the lies to enable it. Fox is market driven. It's off to correct its mistake. Recapture its market. Keep the profits rolling in.

'Opinion', along with 'commentary' are the PC words for 'propaganda' these days, just in case you enjoy the joke as much as I do.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The biggest distinction is news vs opinion. Of course those on the right hate CNN's opinion coverage. And online is different than TV as well.

Should you trust media bias charts? - Poynter

Here's the online chart:

AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version3-1-1327x1500.jpg

The latest version of the chart I look at from time to time.

Media-Bias-Chart-7.0_January-2021-Unlicensed-Social-Media_Hi_Res-min-1.jpg
FOX News was not always so far to the right and so low in their reliability. Way back when they were roughly rated the same as CNN, closer to the center and not nearly so low. CNN used to be closer to the center and more reliable as well, but they did not fall off the edge as much as FOX did. And I see that Newsmax is almost identical to FOX in placement. The Mein Pillow, oops, the My Pillow Guy was on Newsmax and when he began his rant about rigged voting machines he was interrupted and corrected. The video in this link is worth a watch:

MyPillow guy Mike Lindell gets canceled in Newsmax interview

Heyo

Veteran Member
Fox is a business. It exists to make a profit more than any other thing.

'Opinion', along with 'commentary' are the PC words for 'propaganda' these days, just in case you enjoy the joke as much as I do.
The first paragraph is contradicted by the second. Fox doesn't have to make money. It is a propaganda channel for the right. It's nice to make money but break even is enough and even losses can be tolerated. What can't be tolerated is loss of market share.