• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fourth round of bomb threats hits Jewish Community Centers across the country

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm of course not holding my breath for the current regime and their alt right bigots to denounce this and call it terrorism.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
That happens a lot where I live in the Twin Cities. It has a lot to do with the large amount of Somali refugees we take in and their hatred for Israel.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
This is outrageous.
The article presents no theory as to the perpetrator. Of course that word "Trump' appears in the story.

This could even be an undertaking of a single malicious trolling individual. I am not outraged yet as how can we ever expect to stop individual cases from ever happening. I am sure the best electronic experts from the government are on the case.

It is unfortunate that bomb threatening people have a lot of power but I don't think see how we can ever eliminate it.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That happens a lot where I live in the Twin Cities. It has a lot to do with the large amount of Somali refugees we take in and their hatred for Israel.
Are you sure it's them? We have a large Somali population here in my city and we don't have these problems, as far as I know.

4consideration

Premium Member
Of course not. That word is pretty much reserved exclusively for Muslims anymore.
I'm not really sure about the word being used exclusively for Muslims, as I can't recall off-hand about cases involving Muslims calling in bomb threats.

I am aware of the word being used for incidents involving actual explosions.

In any event, I think bomb threats, especially if these are coordinated efforts -- as it appears they might be -- I think in these cases it seems "terrorism" would be the right word. The actions seem intent on producing terror, and interfering with the confidence and expectation of being safe and secure in their own community centers.

4consideration

Premium Member
Apparently he didn't actually mention the Jews. He didn't mention them on Holocaust Memorial Day either.
You don't think his words in the first video (0:32 - 0:46) qualifies as specifically mentioning them?

"The anti-Semitic threats targeting our Jewish community and community centers are horrible and a very sad reminder of the work that still must be done to root out and prejudice and evil."

What exactly do you think he would have had to say for his comment to qualify as actually mentioning the Jews?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Trump will make the connection between this and Muslim incoming terrorists soon enough.
Conspiracy theory would suggest that Trump has a hand in it somewhere.

He needs such evidence to support his muslim ban.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
You don't think his words in the first video (0:32 - 0:46) qualifies as specifically mentioning them?

"The anti-Semitic threats targeting our Jewish community and community centers are horrible and a very sad reminder of the work that still must be done to root out and prejudice and evil."

What exactly do you think he would have had to say for his comment to qualify as actually mentioning the Jews?

Oh I wasn't talking about that video. I heard someone talking about him saying it somewhere else - his Twitter account, I think.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Are you sure it's them? We have a large Somali population here in my city and we don't have these problems, as far as I know.
Have you ever asked them their opinion about Israel or the Jews and heard the antisemitism from them? I'm sorry, I should have never brought it up. It isn't the entire group but we do have that problem here and among those I've talked to I've heard antisemitism, it's just antisemitism increases here with the Somali immigration.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Have you ever asked them their opinion about Israel or the Jews and heard the antisemitism from them? I'm sorry, I should have never brought it up. It isn't the entire group but we do have that problem here and among those I've talked to I've heard antisemitism, it's just antisemitism increases here with the Somali immigration.
No, I've never heard antisemitism brought up from them. *shrugs*

Laika

Premium Member
They feel empowered now that "their guy" is in power. Last week some customer heard my wife's accent over the phone at her job and said "Trump's coming for you!" before hanging up. It's not the first time that's happened, either.

For what its worth, I'm sorry to hear that. That sounds horrible and just disgusting.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They feel empowered now that "their guy" is in power. Last week some customer heard my wife's accent over the phone at her job and said "Trump's coming for you!" before hanging up. It's not the first time that's happened, either.
Spot on. The wrong types of people are feeling empowered by Trump's "win," and those who voted for him did not have enough foresight to see this happening, or it just was not/is not a concern of theirs.