• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Found it!

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
"It" being which neo-pagan religion fits me. :D Asatru/Norse heathenism has always been fascinating to me, and after weeks of research and contemplating, I think I've finally found something that truly fits me.

Now, to work out the attraction to Loki when very few others worship him...

Circle_One

Congratulations Jensa!

And don't worry about following a deity that very few people worship. My tradition hasn't been widely practiced since Ancient Egyptian times :D

Lintu

That's great! I know a girl who is Asatru Pagan. It sure feels great to find something that fits you. I'm happy for you :)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Thank you both :)

Circle_One: It's not so much that Loki worship hasn't been practiced for a while, it's just that there's no evidence he ever was worshipped. Even though he's a blood brother to Odin, he's not actually a god, and is actually reguarded as evil by many. :eek:

But hey, one person's trickster is another person's evil demon... ;)

Circle_One

Hmmm...I've read up on Norse mythology and such, and I can't recall any statements of worshipping Loki either. If there's not, you can always start it :D

He may not be a "God" but he is regarded as a deity of sorts, is he not?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Yea. Technically he's a giant, but he hangs out with the Aesir a lot. He's a complicated character. :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hey, trickster gods are celebrated in most other religions! (Thus speaks a girl with spider, raven and fox in her totem) Who's to say Loki shouldn't be, also?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
He is supposed to end up destroying the world... but once the world is destroyed, it can be reborn and be all happy-yay.

Really, most things Loki does that are negative end up positive in the end.

That, and I adore his gall to poke the gods' egos. :D