1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Foster child syndrome

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Riders, May 5, 2022.

1. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,139
    Religion:
    Unitarian Universalism,Pagan,Zen
    So when I was a teenager I was in teen psych wards for 2 and a half years. When I got out Mesquite High School did not want me to go there because they said I just needed to go back to the psych ward.

My sister told me I should run away from home and that my family didn't want me. I couldn't work much except a few fast food places I quit fast, my parents thought I might be better off in the psych ward.

When I joined up with the old-timey dress code Pentecostal church that taught me I had to speak in tongues to get saved, I made the church my family.

They were like my brothers and sisters. I saw a special on reelz about the Manson family. One of the women was a teenager when she joined and said she had been in foster homes,
    she said she had Foster Home Syndrome, she wanted to make everyone her family and made the Manson family her family.

I honestly think that's what I had. I had never heard that but it's interesting. I am wondering if anyone else has had experiences with it and how much is the church and any religion affected by it?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Viker

Viker Spirit in Black

Ratings:
    +5,354
    Religion:
    In Diabolica
  3. Debater Slayer

Debater Slayer Veteran Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +21,163
    ***Staff Advisory***

Thread moved to the Psychology forum.

4. Luchito Prays

Luchito Prays Member

Ratings:
    +52
    Religion:
    None
    Such a syndrome reminds me a book called Vidas que pasan.(by Constancio C. Vigil)

Orphan

That child has no mother... just look at him. The eyes of the orphans look at each other in a different way... as if they were looking for her!