• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fortnight battle Royale

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm giving it a go. Cartoony arcadey skins, base building, loot collecting pvp madness.

Reminds me of Team Fortress meets Day Z with a little Ark thrown in.

Love Battle Royale mode ever since it was first created and popularized in DayZ.

Anyone else playing it?

How do you like it?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Actually hadn't heard of it. Sounds a lot like "Player Unknown's Battlegrounds." which I haven't played but have been interested in. I've just been on the fence about purchasing it. Since this Fortnight Battle Royale game is f2p, I'll probably give a try. I'll let you know my thoughts.

I used to be a big TF2 player back in the day, but really haven't been into it for a few years (apparently a huge update is happening this month for its 10 year anniversary.)
DayZ as a concept was great, but the poor optimization, broken mechanics, lack of content, long standing bugs and exploits that were never addressed, and the glacial rate of development killed it.

Twilight Hue

Actually hadn't heard of it. Sounds a lot like "Player Unknown's Battlegrounds." which I haven't played but have been interested in. I've just been on the fence about purchasing it. Since this Fortnight Battle Royale game is f2p, I'll probably give a try. I'll let you know my thoughts.

I used to be a big TF2 player back in the day, but really haven't been into it for a few years (apparently a huge update is happening this month for its 10 year anniversary.)
DayZ as a concept was great, but the poor optimization, broken mechanics, lack of content, long standing bugs and exploits that were never addressed, and the glacial rate of development killed it.
Fortnite Battle Royale is a stand alone free to play mode now. Available for both PC and Console players. Of course free to play mode has microtransactions and such, something I criticized a lot 4 games that you pay money for, but I don't mind that as much in free to play games as long as it's balanced enough.

I've seen enough Battle Royale matches on YouTube as my PC is not powerful enough for games like DayZ or Arma. I do have a console and just saw it advertised as a free download.

Been sitting on the fence too long myself.

I'm diving in!!!

:0)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Fortnite Battle Royale is a stand alone free to play mode now. Available for both PC and Console players. Of course free to play mode has microtransactions and such, something I criticized a lot 4 games that you pay money for, but I don't mind that as much in free to play games as long as it's balanced enough.

I don't mind micro transactions as long as they don't give a massive advantage, i.e. "pay 2 win." Another potential problem with "free 2 play" games are hackers. A ban isn't much of a deterrent when you can simply create another free account.

I've seen enough Battle Royale matches on YouTube as my PC is not powerful enough for games like DayZ or Arma.
I wouldn't recommend buying them anyway. I doubt you would find any active servers.

Twilight Hue

Played a whole bunch of matches for hours!!

It's a BLAST!!!

Whoo hoo!!!!!!

Battle bus go.. ....

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Now that Fortnite BR is the biggest game in the world, I feel that it's ok to necro this thread. My opinion on Fortnite BR is that its bad. The entire Battle Royale genre is bad imo. PUBG is marginally better because it has some realism, e.g.
everyone isn't jumping around like a rabbit, and the guns actually have recoil. In Fortnite BR, the guns are essentially recoil-less with a massive rng spread. Also, since it's free to play, the entire Fortnite BR community is made of ridiculously toxic 12 year olds. I think I've ranted enough.