• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former New Age author Doreen Virtue becomes Christian

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Granted, this "news" is more than two years old, but I learned about it only today. I found it noteworthy that former "angel therapist", channel medium and New Age author Doreen Virtue became a born-again Christian in 2017. She had made a fortune writing several dozen books, usually with "The [insert item here] of the Angels" titles. Virtue says that her income dropped significantly since her conversion, and that she gets hatemail from her disappointed former fans. Virtue published a book entitled "The Joy of Jesus". Readers of the book say that in it, she sounds paranoid. Maybe she has channelled one spirit too many. Before, she sold angel tarot cards and made angel meditation CD with relaxing music. Now she's selling "The Joy of Jesus" tarot cards, and promotes "meditations on the psalms" with still the same relaxing music.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Granted, this "news" is more than two years old, but I learned about it only today. I found it noteworthy that former "angel therapist", channel medium and New Age author Doreen Virtue became a born-again Christian in 2017. She had made a fortune writing several dozen books, usually with "The [insert item here] of the Angels" titles. Fortune says that her income dropped significantly since her conversion, and that she gets hatemail from her disappointed former fans. Virtue published a book entitled "The Joy of Jesus". Readers of the book say that in it, she sounds paranoid. Maybe she has channelled one spirit too many. Before, she sold angel tarot cards and made angel meditation CD with relaxing music. Now she's selling "The Joy of Jesus" tarot cards, and promotes "meditations on the psalms" with still the same relaxing music.
Sales must be down. Probably was advised to corner the Christian Market to keep the moola rolling in.

Shantanu

Granted, this "news" is more than two years old, but I learned about it only today. I found it noteworthy that former "angel therapist", channel medium and New Age author Doreen Virtue became a born-again Christian in 2017. She had made a fortune writing several dozen books, usually with "The [insert item here] of the Angels" titles. Fortune says that her income dropped significantly since her conversion, and that she gets hatemail from her disappointed former fans. Virtue published a book entitled "The Joy of Jesus". Readers of the book say that in it, she sounds paranoid. Maybe she has channelled one spirit too many. Before, she sold angel tarot cards and made angel meditation CD with relaxing music. Now she's selling "The Joy of Jesus" tarot cards, and promotes "meditations on the psalms" with still the same relaxing music.
I have yet to find out whether born again Christians is simply an age matter or based on new knowledge. What does she claim?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Frankly sounds like rebranding of the same glurge, j7st for a slightly different audience.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
She has written the book "The Joy of Jesus", in which she states to have had a vision of Jesus on January 7, 2017. Most of the book sounds like her re-telling of dogma rammed into her mind at Bible class.

Another famous convert used to be vampyre novelist Anne Rice, who later deconverted. But the damage to her book sales already was a fact.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Granted, this "news" is more than two years old, but I learned about it only today. I found it noteworthy that former "angel therapist", channel medium and New Age author Doreen Virtue became a born-again Christian in 2017. She had made a fortune writing several dozen books, usually with "The [insert item here] of the Angels" titles. Virtue says that her income dropped significantly since her conversion, and that she gets hatemail from her disappointed former fans. Virtue published a book entitled "The Joy of Jesus". Readers of the book say that in it, she sounds paranoid. Maybe she has channelled one spirit too many. Before, she sold angel tarot cards and made angel meditation CD with relaxing music. Now she's selling "The Joy of Jesus" tarot cards, and promotes "meditations on the psalms" with still the same relaxing music.

This was not a big leap, because her intense belief in angels is closest to the Christian belief system.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
This was not a big leap, because her intense belief in angels is closest to the Christian belief system.
That occured to me, too. She was a psuedo-Christian anyway, in a wishy-washy new-agey kind of way. She's still putting out the same pastel coloured, insight free, fortune cookie type wisdom, she just swapped angels for Jesus.

whirlingmerc

Very interesting. I hope Marianne Williamson the author of A course in miracles is next !!!!

GoodbyeDave

Some-one once asked me if I know what her PhD (from an unrecognised college) was in — I said the art of parting the gullible from their money.

Earthling

David Henson

Out of the fryin' pan . . .

GoodbyeDave

I've been told (I've got better things to do than listen to her) that she now claims the angels she wrote about were really devils in disguise. Also it seems that unicorns are Satanic …