• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had priests come to her San Francisco home to preform an "exorcism

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Sexual assault?
According to roughly 25 women, and one of their cases is on the way towards a trial, and the Donald may have hurt his case because of what he said recently.

And he did say that he could grab women by the ***** and "forcibly kiss them" on the Access Hollywood recording, and both fit the definition of "sexual assault".

"To cooperate with evil is evil". -- Gandhi

metis

I think he tells the truth, if person is rich or famous, many women let people to do such things. I don't think it means it is ok, it means only that people who are famous are allowed to do many bad things without problems. The problems usually comes only after person is not anymore on the same side with the tyrannical elite and needs to be removed from their position.
But why do you keep on making excuses for him? Even if it's not "sexual assault", it's still "adultery". Is that all fine & dandy with you?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think he tells the truth, if person is rich or famous, many women let people to do such things. I don't think it means it is ok, it means only that people who are famous are allowed to do many bad things without problems. The problems usually comes only after person is not anymore on the same side with the tyrannical elite and needs to be removed from their position.
Rich or poor sexual assault is a no. It's never ok, most people are not ok with many feeling if you can't keep your hands to yourself you should lose them (even Christ alluded to this when he said to chop of your right hand if it offends you and makes you sin).

Rich or poor sexual assault is a no. It's never ok, most people are not ok with many feeling if you can't keep your hands to yourself you should lose them (even Christ alluded to this when he said to chop of your right hand if it offends you and makes you sin).

I agree that sexual assault is not ok. However, I have understood Trump so that he means, if person is famous and rich, women let that person do many things that they would not allow poor person do. It is not about is it right or wrong, but about what effect fame and riches have on women.

But why do you keep on making excuses for him? Even if it's not "sexual assault", it's still "adultery". Is that all fine & dandy with you?

I don't like when people are falsely accused. And I think adultery is wrong. But, if people accept countless number of adultery without any problem, why make an issue about one person being adulterous?

I think in this case it is not really about adultery, but about Trump being politically in opposition. He is not establishment politician, and he is too much on the side of common people, that is why media hates him.

I don't think Trump is perfect. And I hope he understands that adultery is wrong. But, still, I rather would choose him to be the president than an old "swamp creature" that doesn't seem to care about other people at all.

According to roughly 25 women, and one of their cases is on the way towards a trial, and the Donald may have hurt his case because of what he said recently.

I don't like to judge person with hearsay rumors, without anything substantial to prove the accusation true.

But, I think it is really good that this kind of case have come up, even if not true, because now people could learn something. And I think the lesson for all women is, complain right after the incident and don't allow anyone to treat you wrongly. This is also because after many decades the accusations are impossible to prove and they are not very convincing. And especially, it is not very convincing to accuse someone of some horrible thing only after the person became annoying for the "deep state".

And he did say that he could grab women by the ***** and "forcibly kiss them" ...

"Could" is not the same as "would". I think it is true that he could do so without woman complaining about it, because he is famous and rich. That does not necessary mean he would do so.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I get the impression from the article that her religious beliefs include exorcism, and she wanted one performed at her house after a horrible event. This seems to me similar to when a practicing Muslim plays Qur'an at their house because they believe it repels demons, or when a member of any given religion performs a ritual associated with blessing or good omens.

I don't see the big deal about this. All it tells us is that Nancy Pelosi believes in exorcisms. So? She's like millions of religious people in that regard, and she's entitled to her personal beliefs. I would only care if she tried to impose her beliefs using her powers as a state official, which, as far as I know, she hasn't done. Most of that has come from members of the rival party.
I agree with this. But it does raise the question that why didn't Biden, who is a Catholic as well, have exorcists come into the Oval Office to purify it of the host of residual orange demons associated with its previous occupant?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree with this. But it does raise the question that why didn't Biden, who is a Catholic as well, have exorcists come into the Oval Office to purify it of the host of residual orange demons associated with its previous occupant?

An exorcism requires the demon to understand Latin. It's a bit hard when he doesn't even fully understand English.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I agree that sexual assault is not ok. However, I have understood Trump so that he means, if person is famous and rich, women let that person do many things that they would not allow poor person do. It is not about is it right or wrong, but about what effect fame and riches have on women.
It's still sexual assualt. It doesn't matter who you are. Healthy people just don't let you invade their space like that. Women would normally not let anyone just do that. It's not an effect on women, its you defending sexual assault.

metis

I don't like when people are falsely accused.
And how do you know that Trump's been falsely accused?

But, if people accept countless number of adultery without any problem, why make an issue about one person being adulterous?
Because I happen to think that adultery is morally wrong.

I think in this case it is not really about adultery, but about Trump being politically in opposition. He is not establishment politician, and he is too much on the side of common people, that is why media hates him.
If he's supposedly on the side of "common people", then we've slipped into utter decadence as a country. So, how can one say they're a Christian if that doesn't bother them?

I don't think Trump is perfect. And I hope he understands that adultery is wrong. But, still, I rather would choose him to be the president than an old "swamp creature" that doesn't seem to care about other people at all.
Oh, so Lindsey Graham was wrong when he said Biden was the most moral person in the Senate when he was there? And Meghan McCain was wrong about him as well? and...?

Mind you, I'm really not a fan of Biden but for other reasons, but at least he doesn't display the utter decadence that Trump does.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Americans as a whole are into things that people in other countries just aren't. Like ghosts. I'm one of the very few Americans I've met who doesn't believe in ghosts can haunt a place.

LOL I don't believe in them haunting places either. In fact, I think that's pretty crazy.

metis

"Could" is not the same as "would". I think it is true that he could do so without woman complaining about it, because he is famous and rich. That does not necessary mean he would do so.
But why would a truly moral person ever say that??? If I heard a guy saying such a thing in the locker room while changing, there's no way I would even think about defending him!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
LOL I don't believe in them haunting places either. In fact, I think that's pretty crazy.
I sorely wish I knew more who don't. People I've noticed are so desperate to believe they'll reject the answers right in front of them just to hold on to something that isn't there in the first place.
And then a lot of them act like I'm the one with a problem for not believing. :confused:

Kathryn

I sorely wish I knew more who don't. People I've noticed are so desperate to believe they'll reject the answers right in front of them just to hold on to something that isn't there in the first place.
And then a lot of them act like I'm the one with a problem for not believing. :confused:

Ha! I get that. I remember one time, my dad, who was SUPER intelligent otherwise, was going on and on about Bigfoot of all things. I said, "Dad. Don't you think that if Bigfoot existed, we'd find, you know, like a body or a skeleton or SOMETHING?" He just sat there and stared at me for a bit! LOL

Kathryn

I'm thinking this is between her and God. But you know, I do believe in God so there's that. If people don't believe, that's fine too because that's also between them and the God they don't believe in! LOL

And how do you know that Trump's been falsely accused?

By that there is nothing substantial to support the accusations.

I happen to think that adultery is morally wrong.

Good, I agree with you on that. I just think it is weird how it seems to be problem for most only in the case of Trump.

If he's supposedly on the side of "common people", then we've slipped into utter decadence as a country.

Why do you think so?

Oh, so Lindsey Graham was wrong when he said Biden was the most moral person in the Senate when he was there? And Meghan McCain was wrong about him as well? and...?

Yes, why do you think they can't be wrong in anything?

Mind you, I'm really not a fan of Biden but for other reasons, but at least he doesn't display the utter decadence that Trump does.

I think USA is utterly decadent, but not because of Trump and I think the decadence comes more likely from democrats who support killing unborn babies and don't seem to know even what is a woman.

Last edited:

metis

By that there is nothing substantial to support the accusations.
Again, you've made an unfounded assumption, which is a form of prejudice. In my case, I'm going to wait and see if charges are brought and whether he's found guilty or innocent.

Good, I agree with you on that. I just think it is weird how it seems to be problem for most only in the case of Trump
And how did you jump to that nonsensical conclusion? You are the one drawing them with your unconditional support and excuses for Trump. As an independent, I don't do that.

I think USA is utterly decadent, but not because of Trump and I think the decadence comes more likely from democrats who support killing unborn babies and don't seem to know even what is a woman.
There you go again, doing what all too many do on both sides, namely using one area as a "wedge issue" while ignoring so many others. I am pro life across the board, and there are many pro life issues, thus I strongly believe in what Jesus said in his Sermon On the Mount for example, and he didn't talk about just one issue that's pro life.

metis

@1213 , let me add an addendum to my last post.

Between love and hate, which did Jesus want us to be like? Love, right?

OK, between love and hate, which is what Trump says on a regular basis, including at his rallies? Is it love?

Thus, it begs the question as to how a self-described "Disciple of Jesus" side with Trump? Are you a person of love or hate? But if one continually supports people who do mostly the latter, can they actually be a disciple of Jesus?

For example, go to YouTube and link on to any of Trump's rallies that you can find there and play it, thus focusing in on his demeanor. OK, after that, go to Matthew 5-7 and read Jesus' Sermon On the Mount. Do they sound even remotely similar?

So, I'm gonna say this for the last time: you can either believe in Jesus or in Trump, but you cannot possibly do both without slipping into a nasty case of "cognitive dissonance".

I hope you make the right choice based on what you call yourself, so take care as I'm over & out.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
An exorcism? :eek::rolleyes:o_O

"Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had priests come to her San Francisco home to preform an "exorcism" after her husband was severely attacked in November, according to her daughter.

Alexandra Pelosi, the daughter of Nancy Pelosi, told the New York Times that her mother called priests to perform an exorcism of the house over Thanksgiving, just weeks after David DePape allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer.

Nancy Pelosi, her daughter said, felt "guilty" that her husband was injured by a man who was looking for her.

"I think that weighed really heavy on her soul. I think she felt really guilty. I think that really broke her. Over Thanksgiving, she had priests coming, trying to have an exorcism of the house and having prayer services," Alexandra Pelosi told the New York Times"

Nancy Pelosi called priests to perform 'exorcism' after husband's hammer attack, daughter says

So did my wife.
I don't believe that stuff but my wife felt better about it so...:shrug: