• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had priests come to her San Francisco home to preform an "exorcism

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
An exorcism? :eek::rolleyes:o_O

"Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had priests come to her San Francisco home to preform an "exorcism" after her husband was severely attacked in November, according to her daughter.

Alexandra Pelosi, the daughter of Nancy Pelosi, told the New York Times that her mother called priests to perform an exorcism of the house over Thanksgiving, just weeks after David DePape allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer.

Nancy Pelosi, her daughter said, felt "guilty" that her husband was injured by a man who was looking for her.

"I think that weighed really heavy on her soul. I think she felt really guilty. I think that really broke her. Over Thanksgiving, she had priests coming, trying to have an exorcism of the house and having prayer services," Alexandra Pelosi told the New York Times"

Nancy Pelosi called priests to perform 'exorcism' after husband's hammer attack, daughter says
Nancy Regan had similar beliefs. I think she even held a seance at the White House if I remember correctly.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
My landlady saged the house when she lived here. I walked around my last house with a puja bell, incense and warning that I would call on Goddess Kali to kick whatever was there into the next dimension. The house had been feeling "off", it had an unwell feeling. After that it seemed to clear up.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
An exorcism? :eek::rolleyes:o_O

"Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had priests come to her San Francisco home to preform an "exorcism" after her husband was severely attacked in November, according to her daughter.

Alexandra Pelosi, the daughter of Nancy Pelosi, told the New York Times that her mother called priests to perform an exorcism of the house over Thanksgiving, just weeks after David DePape allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer.

Nancy Pelosi, her daughter said, felt "guilty" that her husband was injured by a man who was looking for her.

"I think that weighed really heavy on her soul. I think she felt really guilty. I think that really broke her. Over Thanksgiving, she had priests coming, trying to have an exorcism of the house and having prayer services," Alexandra Pelosi told the New York Times"

Nancy Pelosi called priests to perform 'exorcism' after husband's hammer attack, daughter says

I find no convincing reason to believe exorcism is effective in "casting out" demons or that demons exist at all. So the whole thing seems rather silly.

That said, she appears to have been traumatized to some extent by her husband's assault. So hey, if she wants to do some religious rituals to help her sleep at night in the privacy of her own home...go ahead.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I find no convincing reason to believe exorcism is effective in "casting out" demons or that demons exist at all. So the whole thing seems rather silly.

That said, she appears to have been traumatized to some extent by her husband's assault. So hey, if she wants to do some religious rituals to help her sleep at night in the privacy of her own home...go ahead.
That whole "consenting adults doing their thing in the bedroom" thing, lol.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
And if it had been Trump doing it there would have already been five threads full of poking fun at him.
So I don't see your point.

Edit.. FYI, Had it been Trump, I would have posted it the same.

Trump would NEVER have an "exorcism" performed or after all the evil spirits left him there would be nothing much left of "him", just an orange stain on the carpet.

Oh no, I just proved you right, I could not help but make a Tonald Drump joke.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Trump would NEVER have an "exorcism" performed or after all the evil spirits left him there would be nothing much left of "him", just an orange stain on the carpet.

Oh no, I just proved you right, I could not help but make a Tonald Drump joke.
Haven't you heard the song? "I'm a man of wealth and taste." Does that sound like Trump? "I made damn sure the Pilate washed his hands and sealed his fate." That pretty much excludes Trump from this claim, it can't apply to him, ever or never, because Trump probably thinks Pilate was a pilot. "'I shouted who killed the Kennedies?' Afterall, it was you and me." Trump doesn't admit wrong doing. So it can't apply to him. Minus the demons and devils and you get what he is. An orange human looking thingy who looks human except the don't make us in that color.

No, what's weirder is how readily some people entertain the dopiest conspiracy theories simply out of political bias.

What conspiracy theory you are talking about? The official story is utterly absurd without any "conspiracy theories", in my opinion. :D

Oh really? Why?

BTW, why do you think exorcisms are "strange"? Was it "strange" when Jesus did it?

No, I don' think it is strange itself. I think it is surprising if Pelosi would ask it, because she doesn't look like a person who would be on the side of Jesus, nor take seriously exorcism.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No, I don' think it is strange itself. I think it is surprising if Pelosi would ask it, because she doesn't look like a person who would be on the side of Jesus, nor take seriously exorcism.
Given that conservative ideology is antithetical to the teachings and examples of Christ, you're not in a position to assess who would be "on the side of Jesus."

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think it is surprising if Pelosi would ask it, because she doesn't look like a person who would be on the side of Jesus, nor take seriously exorcism.
I have a novel idea for you: why not leave the judging to God?

And it seems to me you have supported Trump who never attends any services, but then you get on Pelosi's case who does attend regularly? That 1213, is blatantly unethical.

Leave the judging to God!

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
And if it had been Trump doing it there would have already been five threads full of poking fun at him.
So I don't see your point.

Edit.. FYI, Had it been Trump, I would have posted it the same.

Speaking of not seeing the point, I had to come back and re-read your opening post on this discussion thread to try clarifying the point of it, and then reading all of the available posts, including this one. So is THAT your point, to poke fun of Nancy Pelosi's husband almost getting his head smashed in and so she may or may not have had an "exorcism of the house" performed?

If THAT is your point, firstly, it's only going on one person's hearsay with nothing to back it up. Secondly, so what? Even if she did, it has not the slightest effect upon anyone else.

Furthermore, some empathy should be extended to her. Someone came into HER OWN HOME and almost smashed her husband's head in with a hammer, and wanted to do the same to her. That's some serious traumatizing event for her to go thru. So if she actually did this to give her some peace of mind, so what?

We Never Know

No Slack
Speaking of not seeing the point, I had to come back and re-read your opening post on this discussion thread to try clarifying the point of it, and then reading all of the available posts, including this one. So is THAT your point, to poke fun of Nancy Pelosi's husband almost getting his head smashed in and so she may or may not have had an "exorcism of the house" performed?

If THAT is your point, firstly, it's only going on one person's hearsay with nothing to back it up. Secondly, so what? Even if she did, it has not the slightest effect upon anyone else.

Furthermore, some empathy should be extended to her. Someone came into HER OWN HOME and almost smashed her husband's head in with a hammer, and wanted to do the same to her. That's some serious traumatizing event for her to go thru. So if she actually did this to give her some peace of mind, so what?

An "exorcism" is the point. My first line in the OP should have gave that way.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
An "exorcism" is the point. My first line in the OP should have gave that way.

Of which I already addressed in the post you just replied to. Here's a copy to re-read:

"Speaking of not seeing the point, I had to come back and re-read your opening post on this discussion thread to try clarifying the point of it, and then reading all of the available posts, including this one. So is THAT your point, to poke fun of Nancy Pelosi's husband almost getting his head smashed in and so she may or may not have had an "exorcism of the house" performed?

Furthermore, some empathy should be extended to her. Someone came into HER OWN HOME and almost smashed her husband's head in with a hammer, and wanted to do the same to her. That's some serious traumatizing event for her to go thru. So if she actually did this to give her some peace of mind, so what?"

We Never Know

No Slack
Of which I already addressed in the post you just replied to. Here's a copy to re-read:

"Speaking of not seeing the point, I had to come back and re-read your opening post on this discussion thread to try clarifying the point of it, and then reading all of the available posts, including this one. So is THAT your point, to poke fun of Nancy Pelosi's husband almost getting his head smashed in and so she may or may not have had an "exorcism of the house" performed?

Furthermore, some empathy should be extended to her. Someone came into HER OWN HOME and almost smashed her husband's head in with a hammer, and wanted to do the same to her. That's some serious traumatizing event for her to go thru. So if she actually did this to give her some peace of mind, so what?"

I already gave empathy in other threads when it happened, get caught up.

I found it odd that she had an exorcism done. Just like some think its odd for others to pray. You don't have to agree with me lol

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
I already gave empathy in other threads when it happened, get caught up.

I found it odd that she had an exorcism done. Just like some think its odd for others to pray. You don't have to agree with me lol

So you claim to have given "empathy", then open a thread apparently trying to mock her.

Sorry, but that raises serious doubt to your first claim.