• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had priests come to her San Francisco home to preform an "exorcism

We Never Know

No Slack
An exorcism? :eek::rolleyes:o_O

"Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had priests come to her San Francisco home to preform an "exorcism" after her husband was severely attacked in November, according to her daughter.

Alexandra Pelosi, the daughter of Nancy Pelosi, told the New York Times that her mother called priests to perform an exorcism of the house over Thanksgiving, just weeks after David DePape allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer.

Nancy Pelosi, her daughter said, felt "guilty" that her husband was injured by a man who was looking for her.

"I think that weighed really heavy on her soul. I think she felt really guilty. I think that really broke her. Over Thanksgiving, she had priests coming, trying to have an exorcism of the house and having prayer services," Alexandra Pelosi told the New York Times"

Nancy Pelosi called priests to perform 'exorcism' after husband's hammer attack, daughter says

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I get the impression from the article that her religious beliefs include exorcism, and she wanted one performed at her house after a horrible event. This seems to me similar to when a practicing Muslim plays Qur'an at their house because they believe it repels demons, or when a member of any given religion performs a ritual associated with blessing or good omens.

I don't see the big deal about this. All it tells us is that Nancy Pelosi believes in exorcisms. So? She's like millions of religious people in that regard, and she's entitled to her personal beliefs. I would only care if she tried to impose her beliefs using her powers as a state official, which, as far as I know, she hasn't done. Most of that has come from members of the rival party.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

"Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had priests come to her San Francisco home to preform an "exorcism" after her husband was severely attacked in November, according to her daughter.

Alexandra Pelosi, the daughter of Nancy Pelosi, told the New York Times that her mother called priests to perform an exorcism of the house over Thanksgiving, just weeks after David DePape allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer.

Nancy Pelosi, her daughter said, felt "guilty" that her husband was injured by a man who was looking for her.

"I think that weighed really heavy on her soul. I think she felt really guilty. I think that really broke her. Over Thanksgiving, she had priests coming, trying to have an exorcism of the house and having prayer services," Alexandra Pelosi told the New York Times"

Nancy Pelosi called priests to perform 'exorcism' after husband's hammer attack, daughter says
I find this commendable, in a way. She holds her own personal beliefs, she acts on them, she seems unconcerned with how people may view this, but she hasn't legislated on it. It's some evidence to suggest she's at least making some effort to keep the two separate.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
The “exorcism” was probably for her husband—who was suspiciously caught in his own home with a Canadian illegal alien nudist junkie.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Here we are, on Religious Forums, where we are asked to at least try to respect the religious beliefs of others -- but when it's Nancy Pelosi, we have to question it?

Exorcism is part of the Catholic faith. She is a Catholic.

We Never Know

No Slack
Here we are, on Religious Forums, where we are asked to at least try to respect the religious beliefs of others -- but when it's Nancy Pelosi, we have to question it?

Exorcism is part of the Catholic faith. She is a Catholic.

And if it had been Trump doing it there would have already been five threads full of poking fun at him.
So I don't see your point.

Edit.. FYI, Had it been Trump, I would have posted it the same.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Good for her. I've done the same thing when my home was violated thusly. And went a step further to directly attack the perpetrator with hexing. Don't mess with Witches.

Reasons why I could never have a career in politics, even if I wanted to...

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

This is really wild. It just goes to show, that it's not just republicans who are religious.

I think there are weirder things in this case than the exorcism. The whole "attack" story sounds suspicious.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Don't mess with Witches.
Hexes and god have a remarkable way of not doing to me what people say they will.
And how does such clandestine means actually address or resolve something? Isn't it better to take direct action and confront the offending party, if possible?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This is really wild. It just goes to show, that it's not just republicans who are religious.
Americans as a whole are into things that people in other countries just aren't. Like ghosts. I'm one of the very few Americans I've met who doesn't believe in ghosts can haunt a place.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Hexes and god have a remarkable way of not doing to me what people say they will.
And how does such clandestine means actually address or resolve something? Isn't it better to take direct action and confront the offending party, if possible?

It's interesting that you feel you'd know if someone had or hadn't cast a hex on you. Do you practice routine scrying or protection rituals to divine whether or not someone has cursed you in this way? Because the folks practicing don't exactly make a habit of going up to you and saying they've hexed you. I certainly never have, because it'd be missing the entire point and reason of doing it (see below).

Something to remember about Witchcraft - historically it is about people who lack power holding to account those who have more power. It is used when you cannot openly attempt to screw someone over without severely bad consequences on yourself. Like going to jail. Or worse.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's interesting that you feel you'd know if someone had or hadn't cast a hex on you. Do you practice routine scrying or protection rituals to divine whether or not someone has cursed you in this way?
People have told me they did. Just as they've tried to scare me by speaking demonic presences or threaten me with their god of perpetual anger.
The most pathetic was when someone referenced LaVey, insisting my world is doomed because I used to practice magick as a neo-Pagan but have went apostate on that as well. But LaVey does give that warning, and it's one of the many reasons I've never been able to take him seriously.
Something to remember about Witchcraft - historically it is about people who lack power holding to account those who have more power. It is used when you cannot openly attempt to screw someone over without severely bad consequences on yourself. Like going to jail. Or worse.
There's a saying, Marilyn Manson says it in the Irresponsible Hate Anthem, and it's how life is. We can't do anything about much of what happens to us, but at the same time a lot of it only happens because people don't stand up for themselves and others.
And are you saying this involves things that would send you to jail "or worse" if you couldn't covertly do them?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
There's a saying, Marilyn Manson says it in the Irresponsible Hate Anthem, and it's how life is. We can't do anything about much of what happens to us, but at the same time a lot of it only happens because people don't stand up for themselves and others.
And are you saying this involves things that would send you to jail "or worse" if you couldn't covertly do them?

There's a lot of wisdom in that saying. I like it, in spite of its limitations.
Personally, I usually
combine approaches, but to each their own. In Nancy's case, the bloke was already arrested and purifying the household space is an extra protection step.