• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former AG Barr slams lawsuit against President Trump and his family

Shaul

Premium Member
FTA:"
Former Attorney General William Barr slammed a lawsuit against his onetime boss, former President Donald Trump, highlighting its political undertones.

Barr contended that it is hard not to conclude that the suit, announced Wednesday by New York Attorney General Letitia James, is a "political hit job" and jabbed at James for engaging in "gross overreach" by dragging Trump's children into the suit, hypothesizing that the legal tiff will backfire against her.

"It's hard for me not to conclude it's a political hit job," Barr told Fox News. "I'm not even sure if she has a good case against Trump himself. But what ultimately persuades me that this is a political hit job is she grossly overreaches when she tries to drag the children into this.""

'Political hit job': Bill Barr blasts Letitia James, predicts Trump suit will backfire

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I've only had a quick look through this issue, so take this with a gran of salt but...
That lines up with my initial thoughts on it too. Political grandstanding.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I've only had a quick look through this issue, so take this with a gran of salt but...
That lines up with my initial thoughts on it too. Political grandstanding.
The only critique I have for James is that she took her bloody time. I've expected that suit one and a half years ago.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Former Attorney General William Barr slammed a lawsuit against his onetime boss, former President Donald Trump, highlighting its political undertones.

Barr contended that it is hard not to conclude that the suit, announced Wednesday by New York Attorney General Letitia James, is a "political hit job" and jabbed at James for engaging in "gross overreach" by dragging Trump's children into the suit, hypothesizing that the legal tiff will backfire against her.

"It's hard for me not to conclude it's a political hit job," Barr told Fox News. "I'm not even sure if she has a good case against Trump himself. But what ultimately persuades me that this is a political hit job is she grossly overreaches when she tries to drag the children into this.""

'Political hit job': Bill Barr blasts Letitia James, predicts Trump suit will backfire
Trump's children, as if they are toddlers and not adults who have been deely involved in their dad's business. Remember they also were sued and lost for fraud in Trump's charity. All of them. All are banned from being part of any charitable organization in New York.

The lawsuit filed today would not name the kids unless there was evidence they were also involved. Eric was exposed as using exagerated values to defraud banks and taxes in the Silver Springs deal, so Barr's comment seems poorly informed on that. Barr has lost a lot of credibility himself over the years, so may be trying to rehabilitate his reputation to conservatives.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The case will stick...or it won't.
MAGA jumps to Trump's defense because whatever he does including murdering people on the street is just fine. But MAGA also went after Obama because he was Obama and there was nothing to it.

Other than that, yes. I'm content to let the judicial system work.

We Never Know

No Slack

I don't like Biden or Trump. With that said, the dems fear Trump. He was the square peg in the round hole so to speak. He shook everything up in the private world of politics. They do not want him back around.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't like Biden or Trump. With that said, the dems fear Trump. He was the square peg in the round hole so to speak. He shook everything up in the private world of politics. They do not want him back around.
Nobody who gives a damn should. Many Reps and Conservatives don't want him back either. His loose lips are a danger, his behaviors are embarrassing, and he rightfully deserves to be charged for treason over his deliberate actions that lead to great suffering and death throughout America and for his lies about the election and encouraging an insurrection.

We Never Know

No Slack
Nobody who gives a damn should. Many Reps and Conservatives don't want him back either. His loose lips are a danger, his behaviors are embarrassing, and he rightfully deserves to be charged for treason over his deliberate actions that lead to great suffering and death throughout America and for his lies about the election and encouraging an insurrection.

By those standards 85% of the politicians should be gone, no matter what party they are. But right or wrong, there are faithful supporters.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
By those standards 85% of the politicians should be gone, no matter what party they are. But right or wrong, there are faithful supporters.
How many have encouraged an insurrection?
How many lied about a pandemic?
How many have disclosed military secrets to those without clearance to know?
How many outed a spy of an ally nation?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I will just only mention insider trading.
Ask Martha Stewart.
That doesn't really compare to treason, lying about a deadly disease, or endangering military personnel of an ally or disclosing military secrets to the world that maybe a handful of people at most are supposed to know (like the location of nuclear submarines).

We Never Know

No Slack
That doesn't really compare to treason, lying about a deadly disease, or endangering military personnel of an ally or disclosing military secrets to the world that maybe a handful of people at most are supposed to know (like the location of nuclear submarines).

Homicide or manslaughter, they both are wrong.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Any sane, rational person doesn't want him around. Having someone so woefully corrupt and incompetent in such a powerful position isn't good for the country's or the world's health.