• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forgive me for unburdening myself.

Faust

Forgive me for unburdening myself, but I am not one to unload my tribulations on those whom I share a close relationship with. Perhaps because I'm too close to their burdens to add to them with my own petty self indulgent problems. This is why I will indulge myself here. Anonimnity, blessed state of incognito!( Oh how humble I sound, how noble, how far from the truth!)
When we brought her home she fit in the palm of my hand, fat little bundle of love, rub my belly object of affection. She has been with us for 12 years. So many health problems, so needing of care and affection, so giving. We knew the time would come, but that doesn't prepare you. Cancer, aggressive, death sentence. All the care, all the attention, all the love. It only makes the relationship stronger. She was like our child. I hear her, I see her, everywhere. Its been a week, I'm crying. We had to make the decision for her, she could not tell us. That hurts the most. When does the selfish need outweigh the obligation. I'm crying.
The vet administered an overdose of anesthesia, she went to sleep, at peace, no more pain, no suffering. I'm grieving, grieving.
My daughter was home, she is having problems, I can pronounce it but probably not spell it, I'll try, endometriosis. Thats what they expect to find when they do her laparoscopy next week. She lives so far away. Little princess,light of my existence. They say we should not expect grandchildren. I would be such a great grandpa. There is still our son, he doesn't show much interest at this point. His choice.
I'm a step grandpa, he's my buddy, might as well be my own blood, feels that way. My step daughter may have cervical cancer. It continues to pile on.
We arrived at the hospital at around 9:30 this mourning. My mother was scheduled for quadruple bypass at 12:00. She is old, I feel older than my years. She was in good spirits,she's a wirey old bird with more energy than most people I know. They prepped her, druged her, we had a regular family reunion. Children, grandchildren,(great and great great stayed home)surviving siblings. At around 2:00 in the afternoon they informed us that the patient before her was in need of far more attention than they anticipated. Someone elses loved one, in desperate need, how can you fault them? If it were my mother I would want that. Go the extra mile, do what has to be done! Save life!
They dressed her,still druged, little old fireball, packed her up and sent her home with my sister (bless her heart, sis ). It's a week after her cardiologist said she should have the operation. She is scheduled for this Friday at 7:00 am. Get there at 5:00, fingers crossed.
Todays proceedings have taken me back, back to my fathers death, so many years ago. Cancer, death sentence, failed treatments. No heroic efforts, that was his wishes, Doctors don't take the word of intermediaries, even family, even when they ask you to provide them with the answer. Save life! I don't believe you! I will ask him myself! Same answer. Everyone was falling apart. He was the center of everything. Father, husband, surrogate father to my mothers family. Sureal, thats what it was, bad dream, night terror, I felt like a child,frightened, take control, swallow the fear, do what has to be done. He was passing his life through his bowels, Oh the stinch, unbearable, no one can stand it, I must preserve his dignity! Clean him, care enough to overcome the overwhelming stinch! I still wake at night with that smell in my nose, my throat, my lungs. I grieve, I still grieve. I'm crying. I'm crying.
This is life, this is a life well lived, a life of value! For everything made of nightmares, there is something just as wonderful, just as full of joy, just as hopeful!
With that I'll put an end to my self indulgence, and thank you all for the opportunity to pour out a little bit of my raw humanity.
Faust

Scott1

All I can say is that you and your family will be in my prayers. Frubals to you for such a personal post.

Peace,
Scott

Lightkeeper

I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. On the other hand it's a blessing for you that you can grieve and share your grief. That is a very healing thing. It's sad and a blessing that things have to come to an end. I also have lost people and animals. You don't ever forget them. They remain alive in you. You and your family are in my prayers. Thank you for sharing with us.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
bloomingrose.gif
From carrdero and mrscarrdero

Master Vigil

With all the love I can pull out of my soul. It shall be with you in this troubling time. May my singing bowl sing for your family forever.

Pah

Uber all member
Your grief brought tears to my eyes for I have shared many of the same experiences.

But for all your burdens, I saw hope in the last of the post for a continuence of your joys. Grab it - foster it - love those around you and cherish the ones that are not.

I should also add that when you share burdens with those that care about you, the load becomes lighter. ReligiousForums has many that will listen with an open and warm heart.

Bob

huajiro

I have no idea what you can be going through right now, for this I am sorry I have no response. I do feel for you though.

Faust

Thank you all for your kindness.
I did not mean to wallow in self pity here, but I do want to convey something that is very special to me.
I believe it is the totality of our experiences that makes life so rich, so wonderful.
Without grief, we would not know joy, without pain there would be no pleasure.
No matter what our beliefs, or lack of beliefs, we all share the same rich experiences,the same intensity of emotion in our own way. We all have value. We are all human.
Again, thank you,
Faust

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
You have come to the right place to get a lot off your chest. This is a great place to show that, although we may all have different views and beliefs, we all have losses, triumphs, dreams and hopes. We all suffer from different things yet gain from others. This shows that we are not as different as it may be percieved from those who do not know us.

I have lost family members to many illnesses. I, myself have suffered from Endometriosis (yes you spelled it correctly). My heart pours out for your daughter in regards to what she is going through. She is very lucky that she has her family supporting her. At the time I was diagnosed with it, my mother and I were not speaking. She was in Florida and I am in New York. If I may, I would like to suggest that your daughter get as much information from others who have gone through different aspects of Endometriosis before making a decision about treatment. If she has internet access or if you wish there is a great Support Group at Yahoo.com. It is called Endo-Chat and is sponsored and moderated by Endometriosis Research Center (ERC). I received a lot of information from the members there and from ERC's website. I hope this helps.

For everything you and your family are going through I send the brightest of blessings and best wishes for you all.

Brandy

Faust

We just got home from the hospital.
Everything went very well. The surgeon said she did extremely well. They only had to do a triple bypass. Now we need to get trough the recovery and our daughters ordeal, and hope for the best news possible with my wifes daughter.
Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and good advice on all these matters.
This has been a bit of a trial for us and I am greatfull for my new cybor friends.
I apologize for my self indulgence but I have to tell you that it was good for me to have an outlet. My family trys to be strong for each other and some of us don't know how to get out of that gear. You have been a great help to me.
Faust :)

Faust

Mom is home (with my sister) from the hospital in time for thanksgiving.
Our daughter was walking around for six months with appendicitis, This happened to both my wife and my-self, mine finally burst. (ouch) She is home recovering, in time for thanksgiving. We are picking up our new puppy nov. 30. and my step-daughter is having surgery in a couple of months for her cervical cancer.
Again I thank everyone for their concern and for giving me an outlet on these matters.
Peace, Faust.:jiggy: ;)

Pah

Uber all member
Faust said:
Mom is home (with my sister) from the hospital in time for thanksgiving.
Our daughter was walking around for six months with appendicitis, This happened to both my wife and my-self, mine finally burst. (ouch) She is home recovering, in time for thanksgiving. We are picking up our new puppy nov. 30. and my step-daughter is having surgery in a couple of months for her cervical cancer.
Again I thank everyone for their concern and for giving me an outlet on these matters.
Peace, Faust.:jiggy: ;)

That sounds like things are picking up - I certainly hope so!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!!!!

Bob