• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forget positivity and embrace your darkness

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings everybody!

Just found another article that may be of some interest to some of you ...

Here's a taste -

There is one great pitfall that we are all at risk of experiencing on our journey of self-transformation through life. This pitfall is essentially our tendency to ignore the entirety of what it means to be a human being. In other words, it can be very easy for us to ignore the darker elements of who we are, and instead focus on emphasizing our lighter, more comfortable elements.

As I wrote about in my previous article regarding discovering your core wound, when we ignore many of the deep-seated and uncomfortable aspects about ourselves, we do ourselves a disservice.

Read the full article here -

Why You Need to Forget Positivity, Keep Your Ego and Embrace Your Darkness

Enjoy your day!

joe1776

I prefer articles that discuss human nature in ordinary English, easily understood. However, the author seems to be making the argument that we need to try to understand both the good and bad influences in ourselves if we are to advance morally. And that makes sense.

Agnostisch

Egyptian Man
My dark side came out as anger.I have learned to embrace my anger and not be ashamed of it. To use it constructively and not aggressively. And I'm now seeing some positive changes in my life.

Terry Sampson

when we ignore many of the deep-seated and uncomfortable aspects about ourselves, we do ourselves a disservice.
I can't remember ever thinking: "Ignoring this aspect of me does me a disservice." But I can remember thinking: "If someone knew this aspect of me, they'd lock me up in a cell somewhere and throw away the key." And the thought of spending the rest of my life in solitary moved me to monitor and restrain the secret aspect of myself a little more closely. But every once in a while, that bugger sneaks past its guards, pops his head out in public, shocking folks around me and forcing me to plead for mercy.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I can't remember ever thinking: "Ignoring this aspect of me does me a disservice." But I can remember thinking: "If someone knew this aspect of me, they'd lock me up in a cell somewhere and throw away the key." And the thought of spending the rest of my life in solitary moved me to monitor and restrain the secret aspect of myself a little more closely. But every once in a while, that bugger sneaks past its guards, pops his head out in public, shocking folks around me and forcing me to plead for mercy.

I can relate - esp the bit about being locked away if people really knew the truth!

Thanks for sharing ....

:)