• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

force/energy/electricity

SoliDeoGloria

One thing that frustrates the heck out of me, Electromagnetism, is called such because while one person is saying that something is "electrified" another person can say that they are magnetised and they are both right ( cathodes, anodes, possitive, negative attraction). Now we know what causes magnetism; electrons spinning in either opposite direction of each other (causing magnetism) or in the same direction (causing demagnetism). We know that energy/electricity acts the same way which is why we call it electromagnetism. But the best we can do with force/energy/electricity is harness it's manifestations while the best we have to explain it are theories and mathematical equations. Shoot, we can even "make it happen" but we don't know what exactly is happening. All we know is that if we do this, then that will happen. It's like me pushing buttons on my computer and knowing that when I do it, something happens but as far as how and what exactly is happening:shrug:.

I posted this in another thread and got no answers. Just in case it was off topic in the other thread, I thought I would call for some help on this subject in a separate thread.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend SoliDeoGloria,

Why does the earth move around the Sun, and why in a particular direction only and why is the speed as it is.
These are questions which are about things in existence much much before humans appeared on the scene.
Not that humans will not be able to find such answers but just a matter of time.
The best part is as humans will find answers to many of their queries many more queries will crop up in this expanding universe and so existence will always remain ahead of us humans.
Understanding that is understanding Tao.
Love & rgds

themadhair

But the best we can do with force/energy/electricity is harness it's manifestations while the best we have to explain it are theories and mathematical equations.
Before I go into a detailed explanation I want to make sure it will be worth by asking the following question first:

You do realise that there aren’t too many scientific explanations that aren’t theories right? A scientific theory is an explanation in and of itself?

themadhair

Why does the earth move around the Sun, and why in a particular direction only and why is the speed as it is.
There is a pretty good model for this involving gravitational collapse inducing rotation called the Solar Nebular Disk Model.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend themadhair,

here is a pretty good model for this involving gravitational collapse inducing rotation called the Solar Nebular Disk Model.

There you go.
Someone has already got that answer but there will be many more which will never end.
As the Mind expands so does the universe.
Understanding that is Tao.
Love & rgds

SoliDeoGloria

friend/zenzero said:
There you go.
Someone has already got that answer but there will be many more which will never end.
As the Mind expands so does the universe.
Understanding that is Tao.
Love & rgds

I get what you are saying and I am just one of those people that HAVE to understand. I just got a job as a radiographer and this whole thing intrigues me to the point where it wont leave me alone untill I understand it. I am just blown away at the fact that I am working with something that can be harnessed and yet not fully understood. I'm just anal like that (hehe)

themadhair said:
Before I go into a detailed explanation I want to make sure it will be worth by asking the following question first:

You do realise that there aren’t too many scientific explanations that aren’t theories right? A scientific theory is an explanation in and of itself

There is a pretty good model for this involving gravitational collapse inducing rotation called the Solar Nebular Disk Model.

I figured as much:rolleyes:. Go ahead and drop it on me and let's see if this frustrating brain of mine can figure it out.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
One thing that frustrates the heck out of me, Electromagnetism, is called such because while one person is saying that something is "electrified" another person can say that they are magnetised and they are both right ( cathodes, anodes, possitive, negative attraction). Now we know what causes magnetism; electrons spinning in either opposite direction of each other (causing magnetism) or in the same direction (causing demagnetism). We know that energy/electricity acts the same way which is why we call it electromagnetism. But the best we can do with force/energy/electricity is harness it's manifestations while the best we have to explain it are theories and mathematical equations. Shoot, we can even "make it happen" but we don't know what exactly is happening. All we know is that if we do this, then that will happen. It's like me pushing buttons on my computer and knowing that when I do it, something happens but as far as how and what exactly is happening:shrug:.

I posted this in another thread and got no answers. Just in case it was off topic in the other thread, I thought I would call for some help on this subject in a separate thread.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

What exactly do you want to know? Electromagnetism possesses the best of both worlds. I don't know if you know this, but when Newton first discovered the flow of current, he described it as a negative flow in his theory, which we still use today even though its completely wrong. Its just a sign out the front though.

How deep into science are you? I used to think that humans could see everything they explain. However, we still don't know what gravity is. In my field when we construct buildings, we're only guessing (educated guess) that the ground can support the numerous forces above and below ground.

We can explain electricity flow quite simply. In laymen's terms its like pushing electrons round in circles, the more supply voltage (push) you use, the faster the line of electrons will move. The magnetic properties are a result of a number of things.