• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forbidden Republican Party of USA?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
After the Bloodiest Riots in Washington DC, driven by Republican ideas, shall the Government blacklist the entire Republican party? It was a long time to have a 2-party system in the USA. It is time to go over the 1-party system?

They can't ban an entire political party. All they can do is go after individuals for specific, provable crimes.

Audie

Veteran Member
I think it's more likely Trump's style conservatives split from the GOP and form their own party, which the GOP cuts ties with. But even more likely I think is that GOP retreat further centrist away from Trump and most long standing Republicans follow suit.

I can also see a possible schism forming among democrats while more young people realize that they're not actually the party of the left, and start forming more calls for a true social democratic party (like most countries have.)
Hssn't the objection to Trump from day one more about style than content?

His policies could well involve differences of
opinion.

What policies are " Trump style"?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've wondered why if he is so bad, the left
needs to promote so many opinions stated as fact,
or outright falsehoods about trump.
The important thing is to express how one feels.
Accuracy can impede that.
But that's not strictly a leftie problem....it's a
feminine way of thinking/emoting.

(Boy, am I gonna get it for that one.)

Audie

Veteran Member
The only way that'll happen is with a parliamentary system. Then we'll have endless coalitions and elections. To see the problem with too many, look at Israel now and Italy earlier.
Time to admit Canada does it better

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hssn't the objection to Trump from day one more about style than content?

His policies could well involve differences of
opinion.

What policies are " Trump style"?
America first - go it alone
Locking kids in cages.
Building walls
Voter suppression
Threatening foreign nations
Tax cuts benefiting the rich (well, that's not just trump)
More pollution
Promotion of dying industries such as coal
Nepotism
- if I had time I'd go on.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think the Republican Party needs to sit down together and try to figure out which party to be: the Republican Party that was conservative or the "Party of Trump" based on autocracy?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The only way that'll happen is with a parliamentary system. Then we'll have endless coalitions and elections. To see the problem with too many, look at Israel now and Italy earlier.
We'll always have problems of one sort or another.
I'd rather have too many parties.

Audie

Veteran Member
America first - go it alone
Locking kids in cages.
Building walls
Voter suppression
Threatening foreign nations
Tax cuts benefiting the rich (well, that's not just trump)
More pollution
Promotion of dying industries such as coal
Nepotism
- if I had time I'd go on.

Just on one point, which is border control.
There was an extension of an existing wall.
I don't think "cages" is a change from previous policy.

To my point though- you are talking about
the manner of execution.

One could go about listing other country's
immigration policies and laws re illegal
immigration. The USA is quite lax.

If one favors an open border, I think that is, frankly, insane.

The way the USA has dealt with illegal immigration is stupid crazy and inhumane,
has been for many years. IMO.

The POLICY that Trump was advancing is
enhanced border security/ immigration
control.

Is that a bad policy?

ecco

Veteran Member

It may well be Donald's ambition as well. By the next election, he will be 78. Also, he may not be allowed to run if the Senate convicts him.

If he had won this election, I felt that his successor would be Ivanka, not DT Jr.

Ivanka Trump Apparently Thinks She’s Going to Ride This Insurrection Out and Be President One Day

Of course, out here on planet earth, Ivanka was never, ever going to be president, not even if Trump turned out to be only one quarter of the unhinged sociopath the world has been forced to endure the last four years. And now that he’s incited a fascist mob to attack the Capitol and overturn the results of a free and fair election, the first daughter’s chances are about as likely as her father appearing on 60 Minutes this Sunday to tell the nation that he realizes the error of his ways and wishes he could take it all back.

The Trumps, though, have never had a firm grasp on reality, an obviously inherited trait that did not skip a generation and was passed down from father to daughter. While Ivanka appears to understand that the insurrection situation is not ideal for her brand—hence her furious attempts at damage control, including the decision to delete her tweet calling the violent mob “American patriots,” the first daughter still seemingly believes that she can salvage this whole thing and that the unintentionally hilarious plan she struck with Jared is still on track. According to the Daily Mail, Princess Purses had plans to attend Joe Biden’s inauguration on January 20 in an effort to “save her reputation” and her “promising political career,” which she believes is a real thing that exists.​

2024: K. Harris vs I. Kushner

You heard it here.