• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forbidden Archeology

jonathan180iq

I asked for evidence, not personal beliefs and established beliefs.
bio263-lecture-2-becoming-human-9-728.jpg

What makes us human? | Understanding Genetics
Molecular evolution of FOXP2, a gene involved in speech and language. - PubMed - NCBI
https://richarddawkins.net/2014/01/...s-us-human-newstatesman-w-polish-translation/
33FC3E0A00000578-3581245-When_the_human_genome_was_first_sequenced_13_years_ago_scientist-a-114_1462808398705.jpg

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To show that all truth is determined by the authority and power of the system, aka the world or the "beast". So that all men worship the system, worship meaning follow or submit to the system aka world or beast.
You're sounding more paranoid and delusional with every post, Kemosloby. You seem to have a fantstical conviction of a magical, spirit dominated world, with men in collusion with one side or another.

Well, I could say that evolution on the grand scale is just poorly crafted atheist propaganda and it's hooey - but I won't say that.
Evolution on a grand scale is well supported by a mountain of facts and research, from a dozen different disciplines.
Atheist propaganda? What does atheism have to do with it? Scientists report and interpret tangible facts, not theology. I suspect it's theists, whose world-view and ego-integrity are threatened by the facts reported, who are defensively crying "atheist!" and seeing conspiracies and agendas around every bend.
One should look at all of the different ways of interpreting the evidence and keep an open mind. Don't you think so?
And isn't that exactly what science does? Scientists actively try to punch holes in their own theorums, and publish them for others to take a whack at. Science texts print a request right in the front asking readers to notify the author of any errors or inconsistencies. This is how science works, and why we have high confidence in its theories.
I just wish religion would be so rigorous.
The article you cited is just about mosquitos. It says nothing of what might have evolved into mosquitos and how or why.
What's your point? Science doesn't know every step of every process, but it knows the process. As it connects the dots the big picture becomes ever clearer -- the "grand scale," as you put it.

gnostic

The Lost One
People have been known to try to pull off elaborate hoaxes. If the powers that be are behind it they would have unlimited resources and people willing to lie.
That sounds more like those people who advocate for Young Earth Creationism (YEC) and Intelligent Design (ID)...and Southern Baptists and Jehovah's Witnesses (JW).

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Glory? They want to be published for recognition? Why do they make up those stories?

One of the fastest ways to achieve scientific recognition is to give evidence showing the current paradigm is wrong.

So the motivation is to prove the current views to be wrong, not to uphold 'stories' with no basis in fact.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
One of the fastest ways to achieve scientific recognition is to give evidence showing the current paradigm is wrong.

So the motivation is to prove the current views to be wrong, not to uphold 'stories' with no basis in fact.

Not to say all science is a hoax. I don't think it is a fast way to gain recognition to prove climate change false, at least not until they are finished with it's political applications. Then 50 years later someone can make a name for themselves proving it wrong

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Not to say all science is a hoax. I don't think it is a fast way to gain recognition to prove climate change false, at least not until they are finished with it's political applications. Then 50 years later someone can make a name for themselves proving it wrong

Well, it would be quite hard to show that the recent years have had successively broken the average temperature records of the previous years. There is still some question of why. And we still don't know a lot about the climate. So, no doubt there will be tweaks in the future. The basics will certainly stand at this point.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He could google all sorts of genetic and fossil evidence you claim, but clearly you believe by faith alone.
Well, in the Cartesian sense, perhaps so, but there's enough accumulated evidence, from enough separate disciplines, that denying the fact of evolution would be more obtuse than denying the existence of a large Ferris wheel in London.

Sonofason

Well, in the Cartesian sense, perhaps so, but there's enough accumulated evidence, from enough separate disciplines, that denying the fact of evolution would be more obtuse than denying the existence of a large Ferris wheel in London.
Your faith is amazing.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, like I have evidence of God. We have the evidence, but just can't show it. Isn't that right?

No. The evidence is freely available. It might require you to learn something before understanding it, but it is out there. At the very worst, you can go to a university library and look at the published journal articles.

Sonofason

No. The evidence is freely available. It might require you to learn something before understanding it, but it is out there. At the very worst, you can go to a university library and look at the published journal articles.
Yeah, just like the evidence of God. It might require you to learn something before you understand it, but it is out there.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, just like the evidence of God. It might require you to learn something before you understand it, but it is out there.

I *have* learned the required prerequisites. And I still find the evidence to be non-existent. NONE of the standard arguments for the existence of a deity hold water. Usually they fail for rather trivial reasons.

So, provide a link or article that has the evidence for God.

Sonofason

I *have* learned the required prerequisites. And I still find the evidence to be non-existent. NONE of the standard arguments for the existence of a deity hold water. Usually they fail for rather trivial reasons.

So, provide a link or article that has the evidence for God.
bible.jpg