• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

for Tom

Jensen

yes, I got it and only because it came through my email. Otherwise I wouldn't have as I almost never come here anymore.

hope you have been fine.

jensen

Jensen

"........Gods sole chanel of communication and all other religions
are lost".

All denominations think that, Tom.

Maybe not all members, but the churches do.

I did receive your pm by email.

Jensen

icebuddy

Does the devil lift Jesus up?
"........Gods sole chanel of communication and all other religions
are lost".

All denominations think that, Tom.

Maybe not all members, but the churches do.

I did receive your pm by email.

Jensen

Not all religions... I believe there are an number of Christian churches that exist under an umbrella of believing they are all saved, just they have differences within them. Friends Quakers do not believe we are the only religious organization that is saved. We fellowship with other churches in the area as well. The Churches that i know of claim exclusivity are:

Christian Base Only
Chatholics
Jehovah Witnesses
LDS - Mormans

Im sure there are more, but I asure you that the Friends Quakers do not believe in exclusivity. We even point to the thief on the cross as an example of how Jesus can save anyone...

Tom

Jensen

Tom, of course God through Jesus could save anyone, and the thief on the cross is a good example of that. But I was also answering your saying "Gods sole chanel of communication" that all denominations believe they are that channel of communications. Of course it is just my opinion, as it is a view that one can't necessarily prove.

Also it isn't religious organizations that are saved, it is individual believers, wouldn't you agree?

Jensen

icebuddy

Tom, of course God through Jesus could save anyone, and the thief on the cross is a good example of that. But I was also answering your saying "Gods sole chanel of communication" that all denominations believe they are that channel of communications. Of course it is just my opinion, as it is a view that one can't necessarily prove.

Also it isn't religious organizations that are saved, it is individual believers, wouldn't you agree?

Jensen

i totaly agree with you that its the individual's heart that God looks at and knows the truth through that. My Church, Friends Quakers, dont believe we are Gods Sole Channel of communication. We believe the Holy Spirit guides us, but we dont claim to be the only believers that Jesus and His Father have sealed with the Holy Spirit. If you read Revelation you will see many Churches with different beliefs that Jesus cares for and wants to be like the Church of Philedelphia...

Tom

Jensen

Tom, Jesus may care for all the churches even when they are not in agreement, or unity, but the bible still says unity, in liked mindedness in the Christians beliefs. Here are a couple verses on this.

1 Corinthians 1:10

10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Ephesians 4:2-6

2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit-just as you were called to one hope when you were called- 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Ephesians 4:11-13

11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Jensen

Last edited:

icebuddy

Tom, Jesus may care for all the churches even when they are not in agreement, or unity, but the bible still says unity, in liked mindedness in the Christians beliefs. Here are a couple verses on this.

1 Corinthians 1:10

10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Ephesians 4:2-6

2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit-just as you were called to one hope when you were called- 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Ephesians 4:11-13

11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Jensen

i Agree

Jensen

Thanks Tom, glad to see you back on. I often have wondered about how you are doing.
I'm not on much myself these days. Message boards kind of ran there course for me for awhile. I don't come to them much anymore.

Jensen

icebuddy

Thanks Tom, glad to see you back on. I often have wondered about how you are doing.
I'm not on much myself these days. Message boards kind of ran there course for me for awhile. I don't come to them much anymore.

Jensen

I understand. Same here. Got some extra energy today though...

Jensen

Hi Tom, I see that you are mostly on The Trinity thread. I gave you a long reply to one of your posts, it was a bit too much work, so will be shorter, hopefully, in future. :)

Jensen

icebuddy

Hi Tom, I see that you are mostly on The Trinity thread. I gave you a long reply to one of your posts, it was a bit too much work, so will be shorter, hopefully, in future. :)

Jensen

No Problem. Ill check it out soon. Im in charge of a new pricing matrix online and in-house at work. We have a price increase coming and I have allot of input to do. May Gods love, the peace of Jesus, and fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you... (2 Cor 13:14)

Jensen

It's good to see that you are well, and that you are still around sometimes. Have still heard nothing of Slow Motion (Carmon), and miss him, and the years that we were together over on yahoo. May God be with him.

and you...

icebuddy

Slow was one of my Favorite JW's. We wanted to play Hockey in the next life and I pray to God that this would be possible. However, No, i havent heard from him...

PS - I just long winded you back. We are truly 2 different birds. Do you truly think one can lift Jesus up too high?

Jensen

Ice, I am having trouble answering your posts on the trinity thread because it will not let me Multi quote, and also when I reply to your quotes and look on review, it claims that I must have more than 5 characters to post, when I have written several sentences. I don't know what is wrong. So I will have to just reply without quotes, as it doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I hope that it will not make my replies to difficult to follow.

Jensen

Tom, we are truly two different birds, and most certainly will remain so. I am completely convinced that there is no Trinity, and it would take mountains to change my mind on this, as I truly believe that the God of the bible is presented as unitarian, that is one.

But it is good in that being so different, we can be more than just tolerant of one another, but be friends and care for one another. It is how it should be, as the bible says to love all.

Jensen

icebuddy

I truly believe that the God of the bible is presented as unitarian, that is one.

Remember that within your own belief you have defined the term"God". (Which is in the plural in the Hebrew) So in essence we are saying we believe in one Plural God in Hebrew.

But it is good in that being so different, we can be more than just tolerant of one another, but be friends and care for one another. It is how it should be, as the bible says to love all.
I have a guy on my Hockey team with "The Devil" tatoo'd across his chest. I told him that at least he believes in God. He said that he didnt, I asked him where did the devil come from... BTW - He says "Jesus Christ" as a swear word more than anyone I know.

Psa 74:10 O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?

Anyways, you and I are way better off than some of these crazy people. i get text messages from a old friend of mine every month that Jesus didnt come again... (Atheist) What i have noticed with help of my family, is that over years and years people forget truth and dream up wild ideas... What i would ask and pray about is this: If Jesus is Not God or Part of God, then why are there quotes of YHWH directly applied to Jesus? There are allot of quotes in the bible that would not need to be there if Jesus was Not God... Why are they there?

Always in Love

Last edited: