• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who supported the McCloskeys...

Who would be justified in using deadly force?

• Both the Sioux and the McCloskeys

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • The McCloskeys, but not the Sioux

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • The Sioux, but not the McCloskeys

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Cooky

Veteran Member
Why does it seem that way?
What I see is people insisting that since they stole it(at gunpoint) a long time ago, it now belongs to them.
The people I'm referring to is the federal government.
Tom

It seems that way because the tribe doesn't complain about the National Park Service being there.

...It would be like Louisiana having French police, and all being fine with it, yet claiming to be an American state.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Trump was holding a political rally.
At taxpayer expense.

That's the partisan aspect.
Tom

I wasn't aware there was a rally being held there... I was under tue impression it was the president having a 4th of July celebration... But I don't watch the news, so I'm open to correction.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
It seems shared. Shared land, since the tribe allows the National Park Service to do whatever it wants there.
This assumes they had a choice in the matter.

But, yes of course they would welcome park services. They would welcome those who would help watch out for fires that might be caused by the morons setting off fireworks. Of course the would welcome those who would help clean up after the pigs who leave their litter on sacred land. But this does not mean they have given up their rights.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I wasn't aware there was a rally being held there... I was under tue impression it was the president having a 4th of July celebration... But I don't watch the news, so I'm open to correction.
Yeah.
It was a political rally.
Google Trump's speech.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don't know... Do you..?
Yes.
It's not top of my priorities list.
But yes, I've known about the U.S. Federal government's mistreatment of Native Americans for a long time. Including their habit of writing and signing treaties, then reniging at gunpoint when it was politically expedient.
Which is exactly what we're talking about here.

If the government drove off the McCloskey's at gunpoint there'd be huge problems with other rich white Americans. But since the Sioux aren't politically powerful, Trump has no problem pushing the envelope.
Tom

Cooky

Veteran Member
Yes.
It's not top of my priorities list.
But yes, I've known about the U.S. Federal government's mistreatment of Native Americans for a long time. Including their habit of writing and signing treaties, then reniging at gunpoint when it was politically expedient.
Which is exactly what we're talking about here.

If the government drove off the McCloskey's at gunpoint there'd be huge problems with other rich white Americans. But since the Sioux aren't politically powerful, Trump has no problem pushing the envelope.
Tom

I'll admit I haven't spent much time researching who has or hasn't been done wrong by the white man. I guess I don’t do popular things.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'll admit I haven't spent much time researching who has or hasn't been done wrong by the white man. I guess I don’t do popular things.
Here in white America, the popular thing is to ignore historic wrongs perpetrated by EuroChristians over the last few centuries. Hand wave them away. Refuse to learn the history.
That's what is popular.
Things are changing, but not that much. As evidenced in this thread.
Tom

Cooky

Veteran Member
Here in white America, the popular thing is to ignore historic wrongs perpetrated by EuroChristians over the last few centuries. Hand wave them away. Refuse to learn the history.
That's what is popular.
Things are changing, but not that much. As evidenced in this thread.
Tom

It's popular to pretend we care. But if we really did, wouldn't every white American leave this country and give it all back to the natives..?

Because in reality, this is fake outrage, based on hatred of everything Trump. Let's not lie to ourselves.

Every French and English Canadian should relinquish their stolen land and leave too. Yet they don't.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Actually, they relinquished their 'private property' rights when they allowed the monument to become a 'public' attraction. Not going to argue the 'right or wrong' of previous treaties or agreements with any agency, If the Sioux feel aggrieved then they need to take a legal approach to settling their differences. Instead, taking a page from recent protesters/rioters, they decided to make this totally political with this stupid and dangerous grandstanding ploy.

Attachments

• 135.png
    135.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 0

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It's popular to pretend we care.
No it isn't.
What's popular is to identify as Christian. That's the most popular ideological label.
Then you can totally ignore morality and Jesus's Message, like Trump and his supporters do, but remain popular. Like when Trump promised to Wall out poor people. Very popular and utterly unchristian, but that's what's popular in the USA. Identifying as Christian while ignoring Jesus's Message.

This country has always been that way. More and more Christians are dumping Scriptural values like genocide and recognizing the truth about our culture. But calling it popular in country that has Trump as a president is a bit ludicrous.
Tom

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Real mature guys... Real mature.

And this is coming from a clown. o_O

If only I was trying to be mature in a thread about people justifying rolling over Native American Rights, AGAIN!. /s

If you want mature, elect someone who acts mature.

Cooky

Veteran Member
If only I was trying to be mature in a thread about people justifying rolling over Native American Rights, AGAIN!. /s

I seriously hope you're not another European-American, living on stolen land, complaining about Native American rights.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I seriously hope you're not another European-American, living on stolen land, complaining about Native American rights.
I seriously hope that you aren't another Christian claiming that greed, pride, deceit, and lust are Christian values.
As long as you've got your tax cuts and xenophobic policies.

That's obviously very popular here in the USA.
Tom

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

No, I'm an archaeologist in training, who works hand in hand with the Tribes in my area. So, sure I live on stolen land, but I've also dedicated a large portion of my time to help rectify those wrongs, and educate myself on the past. But go ahead and use your strawman argument.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I seriously hope that you aren't another Christian claiming that greed, pride, deceit, and lust are Christian values.
As long as you've got your tax cuts and xenophobic policies.

That's obviously very popular here in the USA.
Tom

That's a very random thing to say. But what's not random, is that you also probably also live on land stolen from the Native Americans. How do you rectify that, while continuing to live on it, while simultaneously blaming the US government..?

...Kind of like blaming the devil for your sins, even though you've committed them.