• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who seek the Truth...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Does thinking need something to do the thinking?

Well, if a person is pronounced ' brain dead ' is something going to do the thinking.
One person told me the mind can be a receiver for divine input to the brain.
I'm at an age when I have synapse errors ( that would be in the brain, right ) and doesn't that or couldn't that affect the mind.

Kirran

Premium Member
Well, if a person is pronounced ' brain dead ' is something going to do the thinking.
One person told me the mind can be a receiver for divine input to the brain.
I'm at an age when I have synapse errors ( that would be in the brain, right ) and doesn't that or couldn't that affect the mind.

Yeah, the brain has a lot of impact on the mind, that's quite clear.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Strange how you are unable to see what it is that renders you so miserable, even when it is accurately described.
But I realized, recently, that when people are miserable for long enough, they prefer it to the unfamiliar territory of what they don't recognize.

Did you realize that, or did you discover that?

By the way, even assuming that X makes me miserable, does that entail that X is false?

Ciao

- viole