• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who seek the Truth...

Consider that:
Truth is not discovered by reasoning, or applying rules to it.
Truth is what exists before the mind does anything to it.
Truth is not thought into existence; it is discovered.
If it is not discovered, it is not Truth.

Here are some additional quotes about the Truth directly from the mind of Christ;

No man has the truth except for those who have received it and is guarded by the one who gave it.

Only those who have laid down their life for it, can see it.

Truth is not of this world but it exposes this world for what it is and leaves it naked and exposed for those who understand it.

Truth was never intended for those who aren't truthful. Lies are their nature.

Truth has the right to condemn those who don't have it.

Truth is the justice that mere man cannot conceive. The injustice man does, keeps him from it.

Life is chaotic to those who don't bear it, but is understood by those who do.

One can never know what truth really is until he has it. Then he will understand that its true.

Nobody can buy the truth because its not for sale. It is freely given to those who ask for it.

What you see is not always the truth because your eyes deceive you and your ears don't hear.

Truth is the righteousness that excludes men. Not to be seen until they are righteous.

Truth is more precious than gold, and gold is more precious than silver. A miner of truth will tell you that.

Give a man the truth and he will know your heart but don't trust a man without it.

Truth wasn't made for man's eyes because he is blind. Without his blindness he will see the truth.

Truth is not what you think it is, it's what you know it is.

Truth can't be defined in man's laws, because there's no truth in man.

Truth is freedom for those who lay down and die. Then they can live with the truth.

Truth avoids those who look for it but when it finds you, you will no longer look for it.

Give a man the truth and it will no longer be true.

Wherever that originated, it was not from mind. If Christ spoke it, his mind played no part in it.
I recognize Truth when I encounter it, and the above is Truth.
Thanks, eldios.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Consider that:

I can agree that truth is discovered, and that includes discovering ' religious truth '.
We can look around and see existing an abundance of people with a selfish distorted form of love as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13 where people will pay back treating others in the same way they are being treated.
Discovering, or uncovering that discovery, shows truthfully such conflicts cause people to suffer needlessly.
Whereas, discovering the 24-karat Golden Rule can show dealing with others is the same as dealing with God.
Discovering applying the Golden Rule in one's life thus leads to a peaceful life or a peace-filled life style.

I can agree that truth is discovered, and that includes discovering ' religious truth '.
We can look around and see existing an abundance of people with a selfish distorted form of love as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13 where people will pay back treating others in the same way they are being treated.
Discovering, or uncovering that discovery, shows truthfully such conflicts cause people to suffer needlessly.
Whereas, discovering the 24-karat Golden Rule can show dealing with others is the same as dealing with God.
Discovering applying the Golden Rule in one's life thus leads to a peaceful life or a peace-filled life style.

Gosh. A considered response that is neither attack nor argument, neither veiled nor overt...
You are an extraordinarily courageous individual, and as such, may go far.
Excellent and wise: it is how you live, that determines the quality - or lack thereof - of your earthly existence.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Wherever that originated, it was not from mind. If Christ spoke it, his mind played no part in it.
I recognize Truth when I encounter it, and the above is Truth.
Thanks, eldios.

Jesus spoke, so to speak, the Mind of his God.
1 Corinthians 2:16 even brings out that we do Not have the mind of God, but we can consult the mind of Christ.
The Son, according to John 5:19, does Nothing of his own initiative....... So, in that sense Christ's mind played No part in it.

Jesus spoke, so to speak, the Mind of his God.
1 Corinthians 2:16 even brings out that we do Not have the mind of God, but we can consult the mind of Christ.
The Son, according to John 5:19, does Nothing of his own initiative....... So, in that sense Christ's mind played No part in it.
Lao Tzu knows this. He counsels to get oneself out of one's own way.
Wisdom is timeless, applying always, to everything.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Gosh. A considered response that is neither attack nor argument, neither veiled nor overt...
You are an extraordinarily courageous individual, and as such, may go far.
Excellent and wise: it is how you live, that determines the quality - or lack thereof - of your earthly existence.

I am curious about what you think about one's earthly existence.
Living ' excellent and wise ', as best we can in our imperfect selves, can basically be a philosophy of life.
I find that the Adam of Genesis was Not immortal. Adam was never offered immortality ( physical or otherwise ) .
Mortal Adam was simply offered eternal life on a beautiful paradisical Earth as long as he did Not break God's Law.
Since we are innocent of what father Adam brought upon us ( temporary life ending in death ), and we can Not resurrect oneself or another, then we need someone who can resurrect us back to healthy physical life again.
I find that Jesus came to balance the Scales of Justice for us, meaning Jesus can and will resurrect us.
Some resurrected to heavenly life, but the majority of people to be resurrected back to happy-and-healthy physical life on Earth during what is called Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when enemy death will be No more according to 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8. So, to me that means one's earthly existence can then be permanent and we can continue to live forever on a beautiful paradisical Earth as the Garden of Eden originally was created for mankind to enjoy forever and ever.

I am curious about what you think about one's earthly existence.
Living ' excellent and wise ', as best we can in our imperfect selves, can basically be a philosophy of life.
I don't think, and so I don't think anything about earthly life. I live it!
Philosophy is not living life: it is how one thinks one should live it, if one actually was, as opposed to merely philosophizing about living it.

Eternal life is man's birthright, only now, he must work at it, rather than being granted it, gratis.
I know about death. It is sublime. But only if entered into with joy.
Willingly embracing death is the gateway to Heaven. Resisting death in a fearful panic, is the gateway to hell.
Enlightenment is a real-time preview of a willing death. You die. But winning the star prize: you get to come back.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Lao Tzu knows this. He counsels to get oneself out of one's own way.
Wisdom is timeless, applying always, to everything.

I don't think I ever heard to get oneself out of one's own way, but sounds good to me.
I have heard one should watch oneself as if one was watching another person.

'One's way' to me can mean one's path, or one's roadway, so to speak.
Scripture speaks of two roads, one narrow, one broad, and to stay on the straight and narrow, so to speak.
Scripture also speaks of 'walking by faith and Not by sight' ( Not by sighted visible things ).
Walking by faith to me means walking by cultivating 'spiritual qualities' in one's life such as: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, mildness and self control besides faith. By faith Not meaning credulity ( blind faith ) but faith based on logical reasoning as Jesus did.

By faith Not meaning credulity ( blind faith ) but faith based on logical reasoning as Jesus did.
If Jesus was real, as I'm sure he was, and was Jesus, as I'm sure he is, then 'logical reasoning' played no part in anything he said or did.
This is where Christians leave the path and lose the plot.
God, Heaven, Love and Life are not mind-things. The mind leads to hell. One look at people's posts will clearly illustrate this.
Not having idols is a big deal, for a big reason.
The mind is the worst case scenario as far as idols go. It replaces God with itself.
As you'll have noticed, it doesn't do a very good job of God-replacement.

Milton Platt

Consider that:

How do you discover the truth without using your mind???

How do you discover the truth without using your mind???
That is the secret. And the only way it can be done.
Meditation into the deepest depths is the route.
When you reach the wall where you know that to go further will mean your death...
Few have the courage to continue.

Meditation requires a mind.
Wrong. If the mind is employed, it is not meditation. You may call it by that word, but that is not what it is, and will lead nowhere.
For effect, the mind must be gradually disconnected, more and more, until that final switch is thrown.
The resulting nothingness is The Void.
People flip out at that point, and scramble back to safety.
I didn't.

Milton Platt

Wrong. If the mind is employed, it is not meditation. You may call it by that word, but that is not what it is, and will lead nowhere.
For effect, the mind must be gradually disconnected, more and more, until that final switch is thrown.
The resulting nothingness is The Void.
People flip out at that point, and scramble back to safety.
I didn't.

Not trying to be obtuse here, Crow, but you are making no sense to me. You cannot know anything without a mind to know it.
So if being superhuman is the equivalent of knowing nothing, I'll stick with knowledge.

But to not get too far off in the weeds, I can agree with you that any given truth is true whether soneone knows it or not.

Not trying to be obtuse here, Crow, but you are making no sense to me. You cannot know anything without a mind to know it.
It's not a sense-thing, nor a mind-thing. Would you use a spaceship to tow a plough? A chainsaw to drive a nail?
Try substituting intuition for mind. It's not intuition as you know it, but that's closer than mind.
Did you ever see the movie 'The Last Samurai'? The Japanese kid observes to the American hero, who keeps getting beaten up in a sword fight: "No mind! No mind!"
Suddenly the gringo gets it, and slips out from behind his mind. That was a movie, but the scene is based upon known phenomena.

What is the difference between intuition and "mind", as you see it? Be specific.
Being specific is not so easy.
Shortly after the enlightenment experience, I found myself wandering slowly along a road, between houses, on a deserted golf course.
Floating more accurately describes it. The sensation of being inches above the ground.
My eyes saw my surroundings, in crystal clarity, but my mind did not interpret what the eyes saw.
There were sounds: birdcalls, pure and distinct, but they precipitated no mental process.
My mind was eerily silent, with no trace of life. Soundproofed, you might say.
I wondered, somehow, without using the normal mechanisms of wondering, if I had done myself permanent damage.
Everything was just so unbelievably calm and silent.

The mind, undisciplined, is a maniac, and you know this. The source of all worry, stress, anguish. Turn it off and freedom sweeps in, silently and with no fanfare.
This is not to say that you lose what you knew; more a case of not needing it any more.
Not to say you can no longer think; you can, and better than ever, but now you have something better that you prefer to use.
And by using it, imagine not-needing-to-use it, and having it simply work by itself, while you trust it to, without control or direction.

This is being alive as a crow is alive. Or a hare. Or a whale. Having previously sampled the human version, I know which I prefer.

So: mind is all about control and judgment. Opinion and dogma. It is designed as a cataloging system, at which it excels, and as a simulator.
Intuition is the receptor of raw data, unmodified, is lightning fast, and accurate.

There. That's a stab at it.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
This is why I find religion the antithesis to truth as it is merely a result of culture and cultures are not inherently truthful or untruthful, they're just there.

On the other hand philosophy adapts and is fully capable of molding itself. It is the discovery and pursuit of truth that defines philosophy. Can you give philosophy religious overtones? Of course! I do it all the time but I never claim religion to be a part of my life.

Worship your gods and worship them with utmost sincerity yet do not think you know they exist or you know they even have desires. In the pursuit of truth you will sooner or later realize that every culture due to religion has adopted religion and theism as a whole. They all differ and they all remain in flux with reality or the denial of it.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Consider that:

Yes, truth is discovered by reasoning. We don't just 'know' the truth without thought. it has to be looked for and carefully separated from falsehood.