• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who do not accept the Bible as the infallible Word of God...

blueman

God's Warrior
jeffrey said:
The NT. 2 of the 4 gospels were written by people that more then likely never met Jesus. Paul only met him once, after Christ died. None of the original manuscripts have ever been found, only copies of copies, that were hand written, no Zerox. ;) To say it's infallible to me is a stretch.
Mark, Luke, Paul had access to Peter, John, Matthew as well as other apostles and witnesses to Jesus's ministry. If said events did not occur, they would have been easy to dispute or disclaim, but they were'nt. And as I have mentioned before, you name me one original document from 1st century antiquity on any subject and/or person? There are over 20,000 copied manuscripts of the Bible that exist today and no other document from that period comes close, let alone perserving the doctrine that was being taught and preached during that time. :bounce

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
i shouldnt really have to put my view down on this should i?

Nag Hammadi Library.... 3 little words, a world of explinations :D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Blueman, you're missing my point, again. Mistakes happen. To say thatc this occured without error is a stretch.

blueman

God's Warrior
jeffrey said:
Blueman, you're missing my point, again. Mistakes happen. To say thatc this occured without error is a stretch.
Jeffrey, even if you make the assumption and believe that errors were made, it would be more of a stretch that the original authors were representing a fraud and willing to die for it. The transcripts/translation that we have today have preserved the fundamental doctrine that was being taught by 1st century and early century church fathers. What mistakes can you point out that would put that in question?

Super Universe said:
Case open.

God did not write the bible, humans did. And like it or not they put some pretty preposterous things in there. Exodus 30:11 "Pay a ransom to the Lord." It's not too difficult to realize this sentence was written in by a priest who desired money.

The truth is easier found within than from a bible. Do you think God only speaks to us through a book?

Get away from all electrical devices for a few hours and take a long walk through a garden or go into the forrest. Don't you know that God is there, in His showroom?

Church is for man to praise himself, "Look at me God! See! I believe in you! I'm in church!" all the while waiting for the rewards, lottery money, and new SUV's, to just come rolling in.

First of all,I dont own a SUV,I dont play the lottery,I do go to church on the Sabbath,(Saturday) And I pray for Gods Will,not mine.The REWARD I wait for is Eternal Life in Heaven.But to get that reward I must follow Gods Word,The Bible.Not the WORLD.

The Bible says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God." 2 Timothy 3:16. "Prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1:21. "The scripture cannot be broken." John 10:35.

It claims to be inspired. It was written by men who were guided by the Holy Ghost. It cannot be broken or proved untrue.It cant be any clearer then that.So I choose to Believe the Bible is TRUth

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Blue. one more time. Please try to understand. There are truths in the bible. I have NEVER stated it was a fraud. But to think it is 100% accurate, without out a single error is naive.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Let me put it this way. My father died before I was born. My mom told me stories about him. So did my uncles. They were slightly different. I'll tell my son about him. Later he will tell his son... So forth for 10 generations. Do you really believe that 10 generations later they will have told the exact way my father really was?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
TheTruthWillSetUFree said:
All Scripture Was Written By The INSPIRATION Of God.What
Don't You Get??????? 2nd Timothy 3:16
Define the word inspiration... IT DOES NOT MEAN WRITTEN BY. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT????

ok ,God Bless.I aprecciate your opinion.in·spi·ra·tion
n.
    1. <LI type=a>Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity.
    2. The condition of being so stimulated.
  1. An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention.
  2. Something, such as a sudden creative act or idea, that is inspired.
  3. The quality of inspiring or exalting: a painting full of inspiration.
  4. Divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Where do Scriptures claim:

1) to be infallible
2) to be perfect
3) to be word for word what God wanted written.

It's important that when you study the scriptures that you DON'T extrapolate no matter how convenient or pious it may seem. If the Scriptures don't claim this, then why ascribe them to scripture?

Squirt

NetDoc said:

1) to be infallible
2) to be perfect

It's important that when you study the scriptures that you DON'T extrapolate no matter how convenient or pious it may seem. If the Scriptures don't claim this, then why ascribe them to scripture?
And where do the scriptures claim to be a complete record of God's dealings with mankind?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
NetDoc said:

1) to be infallible
2) to be perfect

I totally agree. Frubals to you when I got more to give!