• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who believe in reincarnation...

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Well Katzpur, in relation to your question, Hinduism states that in the material world there is always the duality of pleasure and pain. In the Divine realm, there is no suffering and sadness. I think there will be an ongoing sensation of peace, love and joy. Hindus don't believe in a physical place like Heaven but basically all souls will become one with God. I read about someone who died for few moments but revived. The person said it was peaceful and it seemed as though time did not exist. I met a lady once who told me that her mother can communicate with the spirit world. She told me that souls travel in groups of ten. The souls are of those who had a close relationship on earth but in the spirit world the relationship is that of brother and sister. So, you might know that this other soul was your husband but you will see the soul as your brother. What I wondered when I heard that was, what happens when more loved ones die? If the group is only ten and others have to join, will some be bumped off into another group? Buddhists believe in a realm of good spirits, sort of like angels, but this realm is temporary and the soul eventually takes rebirth on earth and later on can become one with God. (No more rebirths). I wonder if this is what the lady was talking about. I have heard that when people are dying they see the souls of their loved ones who have passed on. In the Bhagvad Gita it is said that at the time of death, whatever you fix your mind on will help determine your next life. If we don't live a spiritual life now, then at the time of death we wouldn't think about God. It's scary to think about dying. My biggest fear when I die is "Oh God! I'm dead! What to do now?" God is good though. If we lead good lives I think he will make the process easy for us. Perhaps God will take away our fear and guide us. After all, He'll know that we might be scared.