• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the life of me, I cannot ever fathom what goes through people's minds with this.

Bob the Unbeliever

Life is dangerous, and, in hindsight, there's always some safety precaution that could have been taken after a death or injury. Where do we draw the line? Bubble wrap your kids? Keep them at home till they're 18? Keep them away from bikes or boats? Forbid swimming in lakes or pools? Supervise them when they bathe?

Why let anyone ride such hazardous vehicles at all? Helmets? Bike injuries are more often road rash and broken limbs than head injuries. Shouldn't bike riders be required to wear leg and arm protection rather than helmets?
Head injuries are more typical of auto accidents. Shouldn't it be car occupants required to wear helmets?

Typical conservative reaction: "Eye Dun Wan Any Protek'shuns, Cuz Eye Iz Invun'rub'les"

Over the top garbage in response to reasonable rules: Seat belt laws? Save lives even if you would prefer that lives were lost.

Helmet laws? Also save lives, even if you clearly want them to die or be permanently injured instead.

If we went by YOUR reaction? There would be no guard rails on stairs, either-- just let people slip and fall to their deaths-- why not? It's God's Will, right?

Do you know how many people slip and fall in wet showers... and die? But that's God's Will, right?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Typical conservative reaction: "Eye Dun Wan Any Protek'shuns, Cuz Eye Iz Invun'rub'les"

Over the top garbage in response to reasonable rules: Seat belt laws? Save lives even if you would prefer that lives were lost.

Helmet laws? Also save lives, even if you clearly want them to die or be permanently injured instead.

If we went by YOUR reaction? There would be no guard rails on stairs, either-- just let people slip and fall to their deaths-- why not? It's God's Will, right?

Do you know how many people slip and fall in wet showers... and die? But that's God's Will, right?
Forcing people into plastic bubble wraps isn't a cure-all.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

hysterical.gif
You're calling me conservative?
I think you're imputing opinions I don't hold. ;)
What? Who's forcing anyone into plastic bubble-wraps? I don't see that anywhere, from any credible source.
I guess you don't read the news, you're missing an incipient police state.
I see parents afraid of the world, and transmitting this fear to their children. I see authoritarian "protectors" all to willing to step in to monitor and control our lives.
Are we raising a generation children afraid to step outside unaccompanied; of fearful adults who crave constant surveillance and protection?

https://www.offthegridnews.com/curr...s-america-degenerates-into-clinical-insanity/
Mom arrested for letting 7-year-old walk to the park - CNN
Mom Arrested For Letting Child Play Outside
Silver Spring parents charged with 'child neglect' for allowing kids to walk home alone
Working Mom Arrested for Letting Her 9-Year-Old Play Alone at Park

Can actual bubble-wrap be far behind? :(

Bob the Unbeliever

hysterical.gif
You're calling me conservative?
I think you're imputing opinions I don't hold. ;)
I guess you don't read the news, you're missing an incipient police state.
I see parents afraid of the world, and transmitting this fear to their children. I see authoritarian "protectors" all to willing to step in to monitor and control our lives.
Are we raising a generation children afraid to step outside unaccompanied; of fearful adults who crave constant surveillance and protection?

https://www.offthegridnews.com/curr...s-america-degenerates-into-clinical-insanity/
Mom arrested for letting 7-year-old walk to the park - CNN
Mom Arrested For Letting Child Play Outside
Silver Spring parents charged with 'child neglect' for allowing kids to walk home alone
Working Mom Arrested for Letting Her 9-Year-Old Play Alone at Park

Can actual bubble-wrap be far behind? :(

Every single CLICK-BAIT title you posted? Does not mean what it thinks you mean.

And I am STILL waiting for forced bubble-wrap you alluded to.

Bob the Unbeliever

Now you got me reminiscent about the good old days.

Indeed-- when an automobile accident at any speed, resulted in death, maiming and other mayhem. If you were going 30 mph? And had kidlets in the back?

The odds were quite high, that said kids would simply die-- often by being ejected from the vehicle, going through glass that was instantly fatal.

If they were not ejected? They could expect to be tossed about in the unyielding compartment like so many eggs, with about the same survival rate.

And god help anyone in the front seat: the driver could be expected to be impaled on the immovable, solid steering column. The passenger isn't in any better shape-- if they manage to not take a fatal trip through the windshield? The solid steel dashboard would not be dented--much-- with an impact of the passenger's face.

yeah.... the "good" old days.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Indeed-- when an automobile accident at any speed, resulted in death, maiming and other mayhem. If you were going 30 mph? And had kidlets in the back?

The odds were quite high, that said kids would simply die-- often by being ejected from the vehicle, going through glass that was instantly fatal.

If they were not ejected? They could expect to be tossed about in the unyielding compartment like so many eggs, with about the same survival rate.

And god help anyone in the front seat: the driver could be expected to be impaled on the immovable, solid steering column. The passenger isn't in any better shape-- if they manage to not take a fatal trip through the windshield? The solid steel dashboard would not be dented--much-- with an impact of the passenger's face.

yeah.... the "good" old days.
That stuff still happens today. Except the Nanny State is making cash off of it.

The Anointed

We are over regulated. Because of some stupid act by some idiot, we all must suffer by having more regulations imposed on us. It's all getting out of hand.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We are over regulated. Because of some stupid act by some idiot, we all must suffer by having more regulations imposed on us. It's all getting out of hand.
What particular regulations are you finding onerous?
A free, unregulated society is all well and good in sparsely populated regions of small, self-sufficient family or tribal groups, but in large, diverse, interdependent societies an unregulated, social and economic free-for-all is problematic and not conducive to prosperity and security.

Bob the Unbeliever

"over regulated"? How so?

I see you style yourself as a Bible Believer.

Do you actually think that prohibitions from forcing religion in public schools, to be "over regulation"? That's Christian Privilege at work. Religious freedom means you can practice your religion on yourself-- but you may not force your religion onto anyone else.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Michael Jackson dangling his kid out of the window.

The late Steve Irwin with his kid next to dangerous animals.

Here's the most recent one...

Indiana toddler, allegedly dangled by grandfather, dies after plunging 150 feet from cruise ship: report | Fox News

This time it didn't turn out very well.

What the hell do these people think with these stunts? What do they get out of it by putting a helpless loved one in danger?

Some people who think risk taking is fun also seem to think forcing others into risky situations is also fun. Ugh.