• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the first time in years....

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Sitting in the livingroom reading the Quran in silence, wondering about something i was reading. So i deside to ask.

Allah, i dont understand, what can i do to gain your wisdom. And the warmest feeling spread in my body, so calm and relaxed, so i gain the feeling of reading the chapter again. And now i see the meaning behind the words. I suddenly understood the message.

For the first time in years i feel i have progress as a religioues person. And i see that i was missing the messages previously, i was focusing on the wrong things. My listening skills was not there before.

Have you had similar experience in your spiritual journey? Or am i only to excited about the new teaching?

Yes my friend, many times. The most wonderful of feelings, no?

I am not Muslim myself, but all spiritual texts must be read spiritually, or else they make little sense and may be interpreted in most destructive ways.

Keep up the good study and always remain humble and grateful in your blessings!

Humbly
Hermit

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Lol! I totally get that :)
In my previous post, I just described something similar concerning my drumming! :D

You have my utmost respect, sir. I can keep time and tempo like a boss, but you get me around any piece of percussive gear and I'm good for three beats. After that, stand-by for a train wreck..,

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What you speak of is mubdane experience you create from physical objects you have. Nothing wrong in that.

Buta religious experience is very different in the way i see it. I have too experienced mundane happiness from objects i owned, but to me the experience of realizing spiritual understanding is very far from mubdane.
I don't think you understand what he was saying. He was not speaking about joy from physical objects, i.e., hitting the drums. He was describing experiencing the amazing abilities of the human body to perform complex operations without "thinking about it", and going with the flow.

These are states of body/mind connections which can be described at times as flow states. These are hardly mundane. They can be highly spiritual in nature. They are not intellectually based, an inspired idea or such. They are what happens when you step beyond the mind.

As a student of taijiquan, I can say that entering into these states of complete connection and flow of the body, mind, and spirit, are the highest expressions of religious experience. They are a path to Enlightenment. They are a mediation. Drummers, golfers, runners, bikers, and such can describe these flow-state experiences. They are far beyond simply hitting a drum, hitting a ball, peddling your bike, etc.

BTW, as far as your experiences go, a word of advice. Try to recognize that whatever path you are trying for yourself, it's not the path itself that saves you. It's you. And you can choose any path that basically just gives you an excuse to bring your intention spiritually into focus. Try not to externalize it's power. Recognize that you have the power already. Religions are a means to an end, not the end in themselves.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don't think you understand what he was saying. He was not speaking about joy from physical objects, i.e., hitting the drums. He was describing experiencing the amazing abilities of the human body to perform complex operations without "thinking about it", and going with the flow.

These are states of body/mind connections which can be described at times as flow states. These are hardly mundane. They can be highly spiritual in nature. They are not intellectually based, an inspired idea or such. They are what happens when you step beyond the mind.

As a student of taijiquan, I can say that entering into these states of complete connection and flow of the body, mind, and spirit, are the highest expressions of religious experience. They are a path to Enlightenment. They are a mediation. Drummers, golfers, runners, bikers, and such can describe these flow-state experiences. They are far beyond simply hitting a drum, hitting a ball, peddling your bike, etc.

BTW, as far as your experiences go, a word of advice. Try to recognize that whatever path you are trying for yourself, it's not the path itself that saves you. It's you. And you can choose any path that basically just gives you an excuse to bring your intention spiritually into focus. Try not to externalize it's power. Recognize that you have the power already. Religions are a means to an end, not the end in themselves.
I do agree that its much up to me to become a good muslim :) its a lot of thinking and watching my own thoughts speech and action, those 3 things are the same in every religion or spiritual path :)

I might have misunderstood his intention with his answer, but i personally do not see physically objecrs or useage of them, as something that bring salvation or enlightenment to humans. Only spiritual practcan do that. I might be strickt on that but its how i been thinking for a long time.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I am no guitar player, but i am sure the strings are not supposed too be around your neck :p

Probably one of the first lessons a beginner should learn....
I did not know this tradition was still used
to put ropes around necks. But sure it's
time to unlearn this when playing guitar

upload_2020-9-17_18-9-7.png

stvdv

Have you had similar experience in your spiritual journey?
The more you focus your awareness the more "God" reveals the "mystery"
Evidence and proof are so easy to get, if you are open and not blocking it

IF you need God, God will come. IF you think you don't need God, God will not
That is what Sai Baba taught us; it's that simple. Ego doesn't like to be needy
Hence it's not easy to get in this "I need you God" emotion/feeling;)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The more you focus your awareness the more "God" reveals the "mystery"
Evidence and proof are so easy to get, if you are open and not blocking it

IF you need God, God will come. IF you think you don't need God, God will not
That is what Sai Baba taught us; it's that simple. Ego doesn't like to be needy
Hence it's not easy to get in this "I need you God" emotion/feeling;)
That is so true @stvdv, for those who do not believe, or are afraid of hearing Gods truth, they will not open their inner hearing, they block it off, and then say, I can not hear God, so he does not exist :)
Ego is a faulty friend :)

stvdv

That is so true @stvdv, for those who do not believe, or are afraid of hearing Gods truth, they will not open their inner hearing, they block it off, and then say, I can not hear God, so he does not exist :)
Ego is a faulty friend :)
Ego is kind of "Schizophrenic" friend even; illusory friend:D....Fata Morgana:). Useful when under strict control, damaging when not

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Ego is kind of "Schizophrenic" friend even; illusory friend:D....Fata Morgana:). Useful when under strict control, damaging when not
Yes :) i am working on leaving the ego behind, but sometimes it follow my around and appearing in the wrong moment...:confused:

Last edited:

stvdv

Yes :) i am working on leaving the ego behind, but sometimes it follow my flotteste and appearing in the wrong moment...:confused:
"i am working" is key here:
1) Who Am I?
2) Who is doing the work?
3) What work is needed if ego is illusory?
4) Desire to leave ego behind is still desire, so making ego more strong
5) Desire for God is the best desire; least harmful; creates humility (if considering God Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient:)) = less ego

Still, knowing all this, doesn't mean "it's done":). God's Leela is amazing, magical and great
IF seeing God in everything...24/7... there is no place left for ego:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
"i am working" is key here:
1) Who Am I?
2) Who is doing the work?
3) What work is needed if ego is illusory?
4) Desire to leave ego behind is still desire, so making ego more strong
5) Desire for God is the best desire; least harmful; creates humility (if considering God Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient:)) = less ego

Still, knowing all this, doesn't mean "it's done":). God's Leela is amazing, magical and great
IF seeing God in everything...24/7... there is no place left for ego:)
Yes, i do agree on this

stvdv

Yes :) i am working on leaving the ego behind, but sometimes it follow my flotteste and appearing in the wrong moment...:confused:
IF not even a blade of grass moves without God Willing...is "appearing in the wrong moment" even possible?

Question: Flotteste....first time I see this word...Google gave Danish with meaning "most beautiful"...didn't get it here, yet??

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
IF not even a blade of grass moves without God Willing...is "appearing in the wrong moment" even possible?

Question: Flotteste....first time I see this word...Google gave Danish with meaning "most beautiful"...didn't get it here, yet??
Dang it, my keyboard is making a joke at me.... i will correct that word..

stvdv

The word i meant my keyboard to write was "around" of some crazy idea my keyboard wanted to make a joke at me:confused: how rude
That was quite some "keyboard creativity" making the word "around' into "flotteste":)
This must be "for the first time in years" the keyboard made such a joke:)

So, the keyboard stayed "on topic" it seems...seeing your title:D
"for-the-first-time-in-years"

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That was quite some "keyboard creativity" making the word "around' into "flotteste":)
This must be "for the first time in years" the keyboard made such a joke:)

So, the keyboard stayed "on topic" it seems...seeing your title:D
"for-the-first-time-in-years"
Its a long time since i have laughed this much from my own faults, my keyboard is funny today.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Look like we see completely the opposite way :) you are sure there is no God wheras i see clearly there is :) but that is just how different human beings are
Oh yes, you have a point here. Diversity is so enriching

where would the world be if we did not having contrasting opinions?

Like me believing women should wear what they want, vs. you believing they should look like Batman. :)

ciao

- viole

Last edited: